“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12693 Mar 7, 2013
KSBD1 wrote:
What is Hattis Day? Just curious.
We have 'Hatti's Day' once a week. It falls on what some people call Friday. Y'all have a good'n.

“It's beginning to look a lot ”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

like Christmas!

#12695 Mar 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
HOW TO GIVE A CAT A PILL..
Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a
baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth
and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand.
As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and
swallow.
Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa.
Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear
tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth
with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call
spouse from garden.
Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear
paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly
with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down
ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make
note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered
figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just
visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force
mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to
take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood
from carpet with cold water and soap.
Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer.
Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing.
Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with
elastic band.
Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges.
Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold
compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply
whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw
Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
Ring fire brigade to retrieve the f#%!*#! cat from tree across the road.
Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid
cat. Ignore cat's need to take a pill because they have nine lives
anyway.
HOW TO GIVE A DOG A PILL
Wrap in bacon.
I just love this! Being not so fond of cats myself, and thinking much more highly of dogs, I find this rings so comically true!

:)

Level 9

like Christmas!

#12696 Mar 7, 2013
Hi Hatti and Everyone!

Aw gee, I got a late start on the morning and I've been rushing ever since. I had breakfast 20 minutes ago and now I'd better have some lunch while I've got the chance!

Have a wonderful day, Everyone! I'll see you later!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#12697 Mar 7, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love this! Being not so fond of cats myself, and thinking much more highly of dogs, I find this rings so comically true!
I have an even better one I'll drop tomorrow! lol

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12698 Mar 7, 2013
Afternoon all. Never got to see the sunshine today, but there is hope for tomorrow.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12700 Mar 7, 2013
I looked at the weather map and hopefully things are gonna look up for the weekend here. Days without sunshine are just so dreary.

Level 9

like Christmas!

#12701 Mar 7, 2013
In today's mail I got a sheet of coupons from one of my favorite fast food places, Subway. Six of the coupons were Buy-One-Get-One-Free deals. How Dog! The last two were $5 Dollar-Meal-Deals. Hot Diggidy Dog!

So I made a dash to the closest Subway for my supper. I ordered the 6-inch Roast Beef and had them load it with everything but the hot peppers, chose my chips and got the cup to fill with Coke.

When I got to the lady at the cash register, she looked at my coupon, hit the keys, and looked at my coupon. And looked at the keys. And looked at my coupon. Then she told me that this was the regular, every day price for that meal deal. Every day. She kinda grunted and said confidentially to me, "This isn't any special deal. This meal cost $5 every day."

So I ask y'all.....do you think Subway is doing anything unethical? My cynical mind thinks Aha, this makes customers think they are getting a deal so they rush in droves, and Subway has extra sales and makes a huge profit. Never mind that I would have paid the $5 anyway. I am left to wonder if I would have chosen Subway or some other fast food for my supper.

It's a crooked world, my friends!

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12702 Mar 7, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
This meal cost $5 every day." So I ask y'all.....do you think Subway is doing anything unethical? My cynical mind thinks Aha, this makes customers think they are getting a deal so they rush in droves, and Subway has extra sales and makes a huge profit. Never mind that I would have paid the $5 anyway. I am left to wonder if I would have chosen Subway or some other fast food for my supper. It's a crooked world, my friends!
Ummmm .... Mrs Cough was making a grocery list last week & she noted the Chili that I liked was in the stores ad. The price given in the ad - was the "regular price" it always is - but, people think - that if it's in the store's ad - it must be on sale - wrong.

When I was younger I worked in a Grocery Store and every Monday morning I'd stock the aisle end caps, with excess merchandise they had on hand - then I'd make some cute little signs advertising it's price that week - it's "regular" everyday price - and that stuff would just fly off the shelves because people thought it was a special deal and as a result the store would have much less backstock of that particular item to deal with.

So to answer your question Dickens - was Subway unethical? No, not really - tricky perhaps - but stuff like that has been going on since forever - but I understand your frustration & I'm sorry that happened to you!

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12703 Mar 8, 2013
Hey hey ... Guess what !? It is Hatti's Day !! Wake up and let's get going !

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12704 Mar 8, 2013
Good morning. It took a lot of energy to write that statement , so I'm going back to bed. NOT !! I wish I could . Tomorrow thought I get to sleep in !!

Coffee is brewing .... Enjoy your day .

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12705 Mar 8, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't forgot about the other cat post I was going to drop, it's in my email but for some reason it's giving me issues this morning?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12706 Mar 8, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Hey hey ... Guess what !? It is Hatti's Day !! Wake up and let's get going !
Here's your coffee, get up and let's go! lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12707 Mar 8, 2013
Excerpts from a Dog's Daily Diary.....

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:

Day 683 of my captivity:

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the floor.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. The audacity!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded! The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe .... for now.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12708 Mar 8, 2013
Happy Hatti's day, hattie and all. The day has started of as pretty as forecast, just for the time change weekend. Hope everyone gets to enjoy such nice weather this weekend. Y'all have a good'n.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12709 Mar 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Here's your coffee, get up and let's go! lol
Hiya Ricky ... I've been up and waiting on you. LOL !!

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12710 Mar 8, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Happy Hatti's day, hattie and all. The day has started of as pretty as forecast, just for the time change weekend. Hope everyone gets to enjoy such nice weather this weekend. Y'all have a good'n.
Hey Perfessor ... this morning on the way into work ... SUNSHINE !! I was beginning to feel like the grey skies would never clear. You have a great day. I hope to step out on my lunch and soak up some rays :)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12712 Mar 8, 2013
Morning K ...TGIF !! Have a great day :)

Level 9

like Christmas!

#12713 Mar 8, 2013
Good morning, Hatti and Friends!

Isn't this sunshine gorgeous! I hope everyone has lots of sun and fun times in their weekend forecast!

Ricky, that is so funny! I shared yesterday's post with two friends by email....they are both cat lovers and got a good laugh from it. I'm going to copy-n-paste this one for them too.

That part about the cat weaving in and out of people's feet as they walked.....I think that might be my number one complaint against cats! I get frustrated trying to feed my son's cat. The little black idiot will be so hungry but I have to fight her to get to her bowl.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12714 Mar 8, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
Good morning, Hatti and Friends!
Isn't this sunshine gorgeous! I hope everyone has lots of sun and fun times in their weekend forecast!
Ricky, that is so funny! I shared yesterday's post with two friends by email....they are both cat lovers and got a good laugh from it. I'm going to copy-n-paste this one for them too.
That part about the cat weaving in and out of people's feet as they walked.....I think that might be my number one complaint against cats! I get frustrated trying to feed my son's cat. The little black idiot will be so hungry but I have to fight her to get to her bowl.
Fighting to get a cat to the bowl? lol

That's all my cat jokes, glad you liked them!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12715 Mar 8, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya Ricky ... I've been up and waiting on you. LOL !!
Where we going?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min Deez NutZ 156,575
People with handicapped parking passes who aren... 3 hr Hey 5
What Can We Do to Help? (Jul '15) 10 hr Lordsblessings 9
the music thread (Jan '12) 15 hr _Dumpling_ 565
any vegans in somerset? (Apr '10) 16 hr Gomer-ez 46
R.I.P. Christen Tucker 19 hr saddened 17
Word Association (Feb '09) 19 hr Princess Hey 12,308

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages