Give them a little pushy, like over a cliff? lol

G morning TC!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#12639 Mar 5, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good afternoon, Hatti and all. Good one (again) TC. I wish you would design some comfortable 'eyebrow pony-tail holders) to keep them from just flying around all over a persons face.
I had a helluva experience this morning. In keeping with Obamacare to keep health costs "affordable", my Medicare part D Prescription coverage decided that a new mwdicine I was prescribe a few months ago be removed from tier 1 of the co-pay scale. They finally placed it in tier 3 with "prior authorization" required. After a couple weeks discussion with insurance co., the prescribing cardiologist and my pharmacist, the authorization was finally received. I had taken my last dose this morning, and became a little irate with all of them. Finally, I got a call from the pharmacy that a prescription was ready for mr to pick up. At least the exhorbinate co-pay is more affordable. The insurance companies are more than happy to go along wioth Obama's idea to withhold procedures and pricey medications from the elderly. That will insure one way of reducing Medicare costs. But, we're not promised tomorrow, anyhow. I'm gonna fool Obama; I'm not going until my Creator is ready for me to go home. Y'all have a good'n, and may God bless.
Sorry to hear you have to go through that Perfessor and you already know I didn't vote for him.

Things are REALLY screwed up now, is this ever gonna get fixed? I don't think so, the sad part is we all have kids, grand kids and great grand kids growing up in this mess, what a shame!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12640 Mar 5, 2013
Lol....

In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a woman who was waiting for a bus was wearing a tight leather skirt. As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus.
>> Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little,
>> thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg.
>> Again, she tried to make the step only to discover she still couldn't. So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more.
>> For the second time, attempted the step, and, once again, much to her chagrin, she could not raise her leg. With little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to make the step.
>> About this time, a large Texan who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
>> She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and screeched, "How dare you touch my body!
>> I don't even know who you are!'
>> The Texan smiled and drawled, "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times,
>> I kinda figured we was friends."

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12641 Mar 5, 2013

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

"Always On The Go "

#12642 Mar 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Lol....
In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a woman who was waiting for a bus was wearing a tight leather skirt. As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus.
>> Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little,
>> thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg.
>> Again, she tried to make the step only to discover she still couldn't. So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more.
>> For the second time, attempted the step, and, once again, much to her chagrin, she could not raise her leg. With little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to make the step.
>> About this time, a large Texan who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
>> She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and screeched, "How dare you touch my body!
>> I don't even know who you are!'
>> The Texan smiled and drawled, "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times,
>> I kinda figured we was friends."
LOL ... That was too funny. Would you not be embarrassed. OMG !

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#12643 Mar 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news /local/a-dog-with-a-special-ta lent#..UKQlWIl5mc1
Wow Ricky .... how sweet. A very uplifting story. I love dogs too.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12644 Mar 5, 2013
Good morning, Hatti and all. Well, I'll see how long I can stay awake this time. Yep, another one of those 'sleepy all the time' spells done and grabbed hold of me. Sitting here a while ago, and my head fell over, hurting my neck and waking me up. All that sleepiness after getting what I thought was a good night's sleep. Guess it could be the weather; raining here and temps dropping. Hope y'all are having a good day.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#12645 Mar 5, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
Good morning, Hatti and all. Well, I'll see how long I can stay awake this time. Yep, another one of those 'sleepy all the time' spells done and grabbed hold of me. Sitting here a while ago, and my head fell over, hurting my neck and waking me up. All that sleepiness after getting what I thought was a good night's sleep. Guess it could be the weather; raining here and temps dropping. Hope y'all are having a good day.
Morning Perfessor. I am just like you ...grey days and rainy days make it difficult for me to stay active. If I didn't have to come to work, I'd be sleepin right now. lol

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12646 Mar 5, 2013
I Use To Work
In A Hotel Lobby ...

I Wasn't Paid All That Well
So It Was More Like A Hobby ...

Everyone Who Passed
By Called Me Bobby ...

I Was Let Go Last Night Because
I Became All Moody & Snobby ...

After Dickens Said I Only Had One
Friend & That My Knees Were Knobby.

“All creatures large and small”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

God bless them all!

#12647 Mar 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol, in my head I just said that perfectly in that black man's voice, lol!
It's stuck in my head too! I catch myself thinking it a lot in certain situations. It's the catchiest slogan since "Where's the beef?"

Have you seen the commercial Sweet Brown made for a dentist, using her famous phrase? It's on youtube and it's cute. I love that woman's personality....her cheerfulness.

:)

Level 9

God bless them all!

#12648 Mar 5, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Good rainy morning .
It is just pouring the rain here and I can't seem to get my eyes open. The sound is so soothing .... I may never get out of this bed !! LOL !! Don't I wish .
Coffee is brewing .... I'm hoping this helps jump start the day . Enjoy :)
Good morning, Hatti. It's a foul day here too, fit only for the feathered fowl! Or something like that. tee hee

The wind is howling here, bullying the trees, whipping the rain about. It roared so loudly at one point, I became a little frightened.

We'll be sleepy all day, won't we, with the rain playing us a lullaby! I hope the day passes quickly and easily for you.

Level 9

God bless them all!

#12649 Mar 5, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
I Use To Work
In A Hotel Lobby ...
I Wasn't Paid All That Well
So It Was More Like A Hobby ...
Everyone Who Passed
By Called Me Bobby ...
I Was Let Go Last Night Because
I Became All Moody & Snobby ...
After Dickens Said I Only Had One
Friend & That My Knees Were Knobby.
{Typing....deleting....rewordi ng it....deleting again....thinking, thinking....typing.....deletin g.....}

Hi TC! I'm trying my best to compose a poem.....a clever, amusing, snappy-come-back poem. It may take me a while.

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12650 Mar 5, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
<quoted text{Typing....deleting....rew ording it...deleting again....thinking,thinking.... typing..... deleting.....}Hi TC! I'm trying my best to compose a poem.....a clever, amusing, snappy-come-back poem. It may take me a while.
Do you need any help?:)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

"Always On The Go "

#12651 Mar 5, 2013
You guys keep me rolling in laughter and right now . . . . I really need that. Thank you :)

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12652 Mar 5, 2013
I Know A Guy
Named Jeroboam ...

He's A Wrecker Owner Who Picks
Up Cars And Like To Tow'em ...

Let's All Have Patience Now While
Dickens Works On Her Next Poem.

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#12653 Mar 5, 2013
Okay, here it is:

TC <-------In this corner, current champ, TC.

In this corner, challenger -------> Dickens

Now let the "Dueling Poems" begin!

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#12654 Mar 5, 2013
Now we'll read some fine poetry, I'll bet!

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12655 Mar 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Give them a little pushy, like over a cliff? lol G morning TC!
Good Afternoon Ricky F - I hope your Tuesday is going well!:)

Level 9

God bless them all!

#12656 Mar 5, 2013
{Still typing, deleting, rewording, rewriting, rethinking, deleting......}

Level 9

God bless them all!

#12657 Mar 5, 2013
THE SECRET BEHIND A ROCK-N-ROLL HIT

This man of the bushy brow and knobby knee
stood in the lobby of the Memphis Peabody
to see what he could see.
That very day a young man also came that way.
(This was back in '55, most of y'all weren't alive)
The youth grinned to see those knees shake.
With each step Bushy-Brow took, his knobby knees did quake
and naturally, the more steps he took, the more they shook.
Hearing a rhythm deep inside, the young man plied
his thumb and began to strum
the feathers on a little duck's bum
as he marched with his fellows through the lobby.
(the lobby of the Memphis Peabody, you see)
The talented youth began to hum.
And sing! And shake his pelvis!
Not his knees like Bushy-Brow but his hips
And as he wiggled and squiggled,
he unknowingly curled his handsome lips!
"Mmmm Hmmm, yeah yeah, I'm all shook up!"
So began the lyrics The King made up.
Now you all know this secret bit of Rock-n-Roll history.....
The man with the knobby knees who inspired Elvis was none other than our own knobby-kneed TC!

--By Dickens
@ 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min Khatru 143,062
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 11,595
unusuable forum 7 hr Fred 5
Things You Love Game!! (Aug '10) 7 hr lilly 4,651
Tap On Main 7 hr Fred 9
This or That? (May '11) 15 hr Red_Forman 1,564
VELVEETA CHEESE SLICES "What's Gone Wrong?" (Mar '09) 18 hr NotSoCheesy 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages