“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Level 10

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12254 Feb 16, 2013
Good Afternoon Hatti - you mentioned hearing frogs hollering already - how about robin's - have you see any herds of robin's yet?:)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12255 Feb 16, 2013
Trouser Cough wrote:
Good Afternoon Hatti - you mentioned hearing frogs hollering already - how about robin's - have you see any herds of robin's yet?:)
LOL... no " herds " of robins . I have heard a few spring type birds in the last day or two, but it is quite cold here today. I imagine they are trying to keep warm today.:)

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12256 Feb 16, 2013
Hello Cupid!:)

I'm glad you made it home safe & sound & there's no doubt in my mind that an Angel helped you get there! It might have been Clarence the Angel, Sue the Snowstorm Angel or some Angel's that use to watch over me when I drove for a living - Bobby the Blizzard Angel, Sarah the Sleet Angel, Bart the Black Ice Angel, Wally the Windy Whiteout Angel, or Fred the Freezing Rain Angel - there were always a host of Angels with me & I so enjoyed all my Angels!:) Seriously tho - I'm glad you got home OK - driving in heavy snow storms at night are much worse than the daytime snow storms! Hugs, TC

MEOWZA!:)
>*o*<

“And what is so rare”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

as a day in June?

#12257 Feb 16, 2013
CUPIDS SOCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my Friend! Sorry I've been such a stranger. Valentine's Day was very rewarding sharing it with an assortment of folks in a variety of settings, but especially with my Mom.
I've told this tale now to some elsewhere but I will recount it here too. I got stuck in a snowstorm out of town with my 2 dogs early last evening. It was spose to be a light dusting and began after I was out of town. Hardest and worst snow we've had in several years and had just heard the local weather forecast which is normally quite accurate. I had no idea where the road was driving home and couldn't see anyway it was snowing so hard. There was nowhere to stop or pull over and oncoming traffic. We made it unscathed but shaken. I think I was delivered by carrier angel!
As far as another sock, I may not do one until some Easter design. I'm quite fed up with topix as it is, and have lost my desire to even post much less create another account. When they did away with their TOS all integrity went with it.
Hope you are doing well! xoxo
>^o^<
Good morning, Cupid Sock! I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's Day.

Oh my! Driving home in a snow storm! I don't see any way you could have come through that without, as you say, an angel guiding and protecting you. I bet your Guardian Angel sighed with relief when your vehicle came to a stop at your home. Bless your heart....I would still be shaking if that had been me.

Has Topix really done away with their TOS? I know there are some forums where any and everything is allowed, or so it seems. I shy away from those. Perhaps a good break from Topix would be helpful. I hope you will return later with another cute holiday sock but I do understand.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Did you get a deep snow and are you cabin-bound now? I hope you have a good supply of everything you need. It is cold here again today, 34 degrees right now, and I've heard talk of snow coming our way. Last week it was like Spring. It seems we have had all 4 seasons rolled into one this winter.

Take care, my friend.

:)

“And what is so rare”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

as a day in June?

#12258 Feb 16, 2013
Good morning, Hatti and Everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your Saturday!

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12259 Feb 16, 2013
Todays Word of the Day is:

METEOR

Let's use that word in a sentence now so everyone understand the meaning ...

Frank & Helen use to go to Howie's Restaurant every Friday evening after work - same time, get the same booth and order the same food - Ribs.

Everyone knew Frank & Helen & when they didn't show up for a few weeks everyone got concerned - so Howie gave them a call to check on their well being.

Frank & Helen said they were doing fine but that they were now eating at another restaurant in town because in their opinion, this other eatery had better ribs with less fat & simply put - were just alot more meteor.

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12260 Feb 16, 2013
And speaking of Meteor's - let's not forget those folks in Russia who had that strange & unbelievable meteor encounter yesterday - that had to have been a very very horrifying experience for all of them!:(

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12261 Feb 16, 2013
That was so weird . I've watched several videos of it ...quite scary ! The meteor that is.

“Let's Go And SeeThe Stars, ”

Level 8

Since: Jun 10

The Milky Way Or Even Mars

#12262 Feb 16, 2013
Hello Hattie and friends! Two out of this world events on the same day is unbelievable. If it was known that the asteroid was coming this way for a year, why didn't we know about the meteor? Or is it not possible to know that about a meteor?

Have a wonderful evening!

“Let's Go And SeeThe Stars, ”

Level 8

Since: Jun 10

The Milky Way Or Even Mars

#12263 Feb 16, 2013
The answer to my question is it that meteors are probably too small to track. Also known as shooting stars, I think, maybe they happen too quickly?

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12264 Feb 16, 2013
Good evening all. I've been watching the videos of the meteors as well. I wonder how much one is worth?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12265 Feb 16, 2013
I think they can track them to a certain degree. Maybe the larger ones they can.

That was a small,one and just look at the damaged it caused. Kind of scary I think.

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12266 Feb 16, 2013
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
I think they can track them to a certain degree. Maybe the larger ones they can.That was a small,one and just look at the damaged it caused. Kind of scary I think.
I agree - very scary - last I'd heard - there were well over 1000 people hurt - I just can't imagine what that must have been like for all those people in that area!:(

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12267 Feb 16, 2013
Most of the injuries was from flying glass . The sound it made , I guess from traveling so fast and slamming into the earth , was really loud even from the video.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12268 Feb 16, 2013
Hi Hatti people! Hope everyone has had a WONDERFUL day!!

Mine was busy, busy, busy. Just got settled in and can relax for what's left of the day now..

We went shopping today and I spied some great buys. Kind of splurged and went overboard more than likely, but hey, sometimes ya gotta treat yourself right?

How have you been doing, TC? Things going okay and are you feeling back to normal after having that flu?

FD, good to see you too! Hope you've been well!!

Dickens, always great to read from you too!

Well, I need to go make a snack. I've got the munchies. I found some rye crackers today that I think will be YUM-O with some pepper jack cheese, LOL! So I'll be back in a few minutes.

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12269 Feb 17, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi Hatti people! Hope everyone has had a WONDERFUL day!!Mine was busy, busy, busy. Just got settled in and can relax for what's left of the day now..We went shopping today and I spied some great buys. Kind of splurged and went overboard more than likely, but hey, sometimes ya gotta treat yourself right?
How have you been doing, TC? Things going okay and are you feeling back to normal after having that flu?FD, good to see you too! Hope you've been well!!Dickens, always great to read from you too!Well, I need to go make a snack. I've got the munchies. I found some rye crackers today that I think will be YUM-O with some pepper jack cheese, LOL! So I'll be back in a few minutes.:)
Hi Nope - nice to see you! Am I feeling back to normal? Well, I don't think I've ever really been normal but actually, I am doing better - not sure what that flu bug was - it had a grip on me for about 7 weeks but I can finally say I'm over it now - thanks for asking! I hope you enjoyed your rye crackers with cheese! Enjoy
your Sunday!:)

Level 10

Myrtle Beach, SC

#12270 Feb 17, 2013
Hi Hatti!:) Hey All! Good Morning!

I forgot to put the coffee in the little basket this morning - so if you enjoy nice hot cups of water - please help yourself!

Have a great day all!:)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12271 Feb 17, 2013
Afternoon all ... Have had a busy morning .

TC , I'll just make some more coffee if that is ok !:) LOL

I haven't heard from the Perfessor in a day or two , I hope he is feeling ok.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Level 10

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#12272 Feb 17, 2013
Hey Nope .. Sometimes you just have to get and splurge and treat yourself , just so it makes it all feel worthwhile. I'm not much of a shopper, but there are times I just go to,have a nice outing.

Hope you have nice Sunday :)

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12273 Feb 17, 2013
Hey there, Hatti and all. Thought I'd check in and see what's happening. I had a very good week-end. A grand daughter came down for the week-end, with her other half and my 4 yr. old great-grandson. The little yard ape wore this old man out, but it was well worth it. It was his first road trip of over 20 to 30 minutes, and he did really good for a 5 hr. drive. His only problem was at bed time, he wanted to go home. It was also his first time to sleep in any bed other than his own, in his own bedroom. But, he adjusted fairly well. Hope everyone has had a great week-end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min another viewer 148,927
4 word game (Jan '09) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,427
autism = retarded? 5 hr BBclue 21
Tiffany Wheeler (Oct '09) 19 hr Jack 8
We Need Stronger Medical Patient Modesty (Nov '10) 20 hr BBclue 17
This or That? (May '11) Sun Princess Hey 2,177
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) Sun Red_Forman 12,547
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages