just wondering

Green Forest, AR

#1 Jul 11, 2010
Does it still exist and are they hiring for anyone?
info

London, KY

#3 Jul 12, 2010
What is this place JC Malone!This job shop is a joke...nothing but crooks in my opinion but people don't have a whole lot of choices because everyone is using their services anymore...that is why I am asking..not familiar with them.

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Somerset, KY

#4 Jul 12, 2010
info wrote:
What is this place JC Malone!This job shop is a joke...nothing but crooks in my opinion but people don't have a whole lot of choices because everyone is using their services anymore...that is why I am asking..not familiar with them.
The Job Shop is a joke in London too. If you know someone in the office, you can get a good job, if not you are SOL. Apparently, they are all the same. I have never heard of Malone's.
cityslicker

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 15, 2010
job shop more like job slop
mofgrer

Brownsville, TN

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Maybe to those who can't get jobs there because of record or drug screens!

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Somerset, KY

#8 Jul 16, 2010
mofgrer wrote:
Maybe to those who can't get jobs there because of record or drug screens!
I am sure that there have been plenty that have been turned away for a failed drug screen. I worked in HR at Laurel Cookie Factory, and we did an actual random drug screen 35 out of 50 failed. When I say failed, I mean it was easier to list what they didn't test positive for. When the Supercenter opened in Hazard, they had to change the opening of the store 3 times due to lack of people that could pass the drug test. Southeastern Ky. has a HUGE drug problem. It seems like everyone is on pain pills. They are either getting them from a clinic, or on the street. I have a business and the first thing employment candidates ask is about a drug test. That is sad when they ask about a drug test before they ask about pay.
Job Shopper

Somerset, KY

#9 Jul 16, 2010
I was hired at the Job Shop and it works.

I mean, this will offend most people reading this because it applies to them, but if your a deadbeat and/or do drugs, you won't get a job through any tempservice, let alone the Job Shop. I don't lose sleep over it, just pissed that we have deadbeats and druggies in the world, and KY is full of them.

Back to subject. If you can pass a drug test, and show you are willing to work, then you'll get a job. I applied and 6 days later work at Wonderfuel (40 hours a week (with chances for overtime) at $7.45/hr (with chance to get hired full on at $10+/hr). It took a while because I didn't know I could call them to see if they had an opening.

They asked if I can work at a handful of places, and that was a couple months ago. I'm sure they still have openings. Wonderfuel gets new people all the time.
Anon

United States

#10 Jan 7, 2012
How do they drug test? When you come in or do they schedule one for you at a place (like the one by the hospital)?
PI

Brownsville, TN

#11 Jan 8, 2012
JALT1969 wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that there have been plenty that have been turned away for a failed drug screen. I worked in HR at Laurel Cookie Factory, and we did an actual random drug screen 35 out of 50 failed. When I say failed, I mean it was easier to list what they didn't test positive for. When the Supercenter opened in Hazard, they had to change the opening of the store 3 times due to lack of people that could pass the drug test. Southeastern Ky. has a HUGE drug problem. It seems like everyone is on pain pills. They are either getting them from a clinic, or on the street. I have a business and the first thing employment candidates ask is about a drug test. That is sad when they ask about a drug test before they ask about pay.
I'm clean and looking for employment.
Hard Worker

Lexington, KY

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Talking about The Job Shop in LONDON
somerset worker

Mount Vernon, KY

#15 Mar 29, 2013
My husband & I have been trying with the Job Shop for months!!! Both clean & willing to work... They always tell us i'll put u on the available list... which is apparently miles & miles long... I was told I could go to 2 specific places once I completed the paperwork.... Well that was a crock... My husband & I both went thru orientation at the Cookie Factory in London... Thats even a bigger joke! Was told oh you will be on the schedule monday... been calling for weeks & nope not on any darn schedule... Was told yesterday that the job shop placed over 250 people there and then the cookie factory shut down lines. WTH! If your going to shut down lines, why did the job shop have these jobs to offer. As far as malones if u want to work 2nd shift & be away from ur family & kids then u can get a job pretty easily. Oh if ur not overweight... I know people who were overweight, they wont give a job to after they are interviewed! both places are a joke. I do agree though, if you are looking for a job & willing to work these places wont help you a bit! Nesco is the same way... I am registered with all 3 places & still nothing!
bully breed

London, KY

#16 Apr 1, 2013
They hiring for desk jobs?
job shop sucks birds

United States

#18 Jul 10, 2017
the job shop in london is a joke they reliese you and then they tell you that a job postion is open and you go back and start work they tell you that thry dont have no openings in that postion when they gave you the postion they are a joke and even to the debit cards they got everytime you use it it takes more money then it should there jokes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 5 min Ricky F 38,071
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Gunslinger45 13,934
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Soon 170,643
All I want for Christmas 8 hr FiddleDeeDee 3
Jonathan Ridner 8 hr Brian 26
Performance Foods closing? 8 hr Big T 30
Mr. John wang You are a sick little man need help 9 hr Chalene 1

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages