First Prev
of 2
Next Last
former patient

Nicholson, GA

#21 Jul 24, 2008
average joe wrote:
I think El Naggar and El Kalliny are really great. They know their stuff and have helped MANY people from all over the world. ANY surgery has its risks. So many people want perfection, but that's just not possible. I agree with Camel MD, we are fortunate to have them here. Bad Back, seems you'd be better off to put up with the pain as long as it takes to get in to see one of them.
i agree 100% they are the best. not only are they fantastic, the staff at the nccu unit were absolutely amazing!! the best care and unity i have ever seen in a hospital setting. they are a well oiled machine. they not only went above and beyond for me they went out of their way to make my wife comfortable. absolutely unbelievable. i have undergone several hospital stays with myself and family in several hospitals across the country, never have i ever been so pleased with the care. if any of the staff happen on this blog, my family and i can't say enough. thank you so much!!!
Fat no mo

Commerce, GA

#22 Jul 24, 2008
Papa G.. if your so fat, you might contact the hospital about the new Bariatric program they are starting. You might be a good candidate and as been there said, you might not need the surgery after all.
Obviously, you don't understand the dangers of being overweight, going under anesthesia and back surgery. They did you a favor, you should be grateful. They could have put you on the table and you could have died.
Either chill out, go on a diet and lose weight or shut up.. you made yourself fat, not the doctors. A back can only take so much.
very happy patient

Nicholson, GA

#23 Jul 25, 2008
Major Pain wrote:
Read the links "info" posted; then also read his Minnesota, Ohio, and Kentucky Boards of Medical Licensure disciplinary files. Yes, three states have disciplined him:
Minnesota (3 disciplinary files): https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/BMP/DesktopModule...
Ohio (3 formal actions): https://license.ohio.gov/Lookup/SearchDetail....
Kentucky (3 disciplinary actions, most recent March 2008): http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/kbml/finalord...
Make up your mind whether you want Dr. Sava cutting on you after you have read all the public information available about him.
Neither he, nor his partners, will be working on me or any of my family.
The Commonwealth-Journal is owned by the same newspaper group that owns the Mankato Free Press, and the Commonwealth-Journal's publisher and editor were aware of the lawsuit against him when the LCRH brought him here. However, the Commonwealth-Journal never printed a word of its sister newspaper's article. Evidently the LCRH's advertising dollars are more important to the Commonwealth-Journal than is its responsibility to the community.
i agree with your statement, i just hate the fact that his name is recognized among the absolutely amazing neurosurgeons that we have. dr.elnaggar and elkalliny are the top of the line and are recognized as such across the country, with them and the staff in their neuro unit are the only 5 star neuro unit in the state of ky. if the stars have fallen, it is because of dr. sava. dr.elk and dr. eln are still and always will be the top of the line and will never been proven any different, please do some research on them before posting you would never allow "his partners," to work on your or your family" if you can find something on them!!! please post it for the whole world to see!!!
Officestafffordo ctor

London, KY

#24 Jul 25, 2008
Former patient wrote:
i agree 100% they are the best. not only are they fantastic, the staff at the nccu unit were absolutely amazing!! the best care and unity i have ever seen in a hospital setting. they are a well oiled machine.
Maybe the office staff could learn something from the nccu unit.
employee

Finley, TN

#26 Jul 28, 2008
chubby n brokeback they do have people from all over to see them. we have alot of patients from virgina, michigan, north carolina and the list goes on. we have people everyday that drive more than 4 hours just to see them. they are the best!
employee

Finley, TN

#27 Jul 28, 2008
and another thing he REQUIRES that you have an updated mri after 6 MONTHS so i find that very unlikely he was going by a MRI that was a year old.
SoSad

Berea, KY

#31 Sep 8, 2008
Wish we had some decent drs here
MARCUS WELBY

Corbin, KY

#32 Sep 8, 2008
There are many decent doctors here. A few bad ones but for the most part they are decent doctors and some have flaws jst like the patients they treat.
Been There

Somerset, KY

#33 Sep 8, 2008
El-Kalliny did my back surgery and he did a great job, I don't know anything about Sava other than what I've read, though. Sorry I can't help you out!

The hospital, though? I was supposed to be in the new unit and ended up on the 4th floor and they barely knew I was there.
Oh well, at least I feel much better now.
walt

Pine Knot, KY

#52 Apr 17, 2015
Dr. Sava did surgery on my back several years ago and my life is much better now, I can even mow the lawn and other things I couldn't do before.
Sava terrible

Cincinnati, OH

#53 Nov 4, 2015
bad back wrote:
<quoted text>
i am only asking because i am unable to get into dr. elnaggar or elkalliny, i do know for a fact they are the absolute best neurosurgeons within a 800 mile radius, and by the way they are not partners with sava. this is why i asked if he was o.k. to go to
Does it make sense that he has to move from state to state?! He's absolutely terrible. Whoever said he's the best in 800 miles is crazy.
Sava terrible

Cincinnati, OH

#54 Nov 4, 2015
employee wrote:
chubby n brokeback they do have people from all over to see them. we have alot of patients from virgina, michigan, north carolina and the list goes on. we have people everyday that drive more than 4 hours just to see them. they are the best!
The best don't get sued or busted for drug abuse. Just saying. Whoever is saying good things here about Sava is brainwashed
Sava terrible

Cincinnati, OH

#55 Nov 4, 2015
very happy patient wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with your statement, i just hate the fact that his name is recognized among the absolutely amazing neurosurgeons that we have. dr.elnaggar and elkalliny are the top of the line and are recognized as such across the country, with them and the staff in their neuro unit are the only 5 star neuro unit in the state of ky. if the stars have fallen, it is because of dr. sava. dr.elk and dr. eln are still and always will be the top of the line and will never been proven any different, please do some research on them before posting you would never allow "his partners," to work on your or your family" if you can find something on them!!! please post it for the whole world to see!!!
Read the links "info" posted; then also read his Minnesota, Ohio, and Kentucky Boards of Medical Licensure disciplinary files. Yes, three states have disciplined him:
Minnesota (3 disciplinary files): https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/BMP/DesktopModule ...
Ohio (3 formal actions): https://license.ohio.gov/Lookup/SearchDetail ....
Kentucky (3 disciplinary actions, most recent March 2008): http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/kbml/finalord ...
Make up your mind whether you want Dr. Sava cutting on you after you have read all the public information available about him.
The Commonwealth-Journal is owned by the same newspaper group that owns the Mankato Free Press, and the Commonwealth-Journal's publisher and editor were aware of the lawsuit against him when the LCRH brought him here. However, the Commonwealth-Journal never printed a word of its sister newspaper's article. Evidently the LCRH's advertising dollars are more important to the Commonwealth-Journal than is its responsibility to the community.
Dr Sava is the worst Dr I've ever EVER seen. It troubles me that he's been sued, has a god complex and doesn't care about you as a person. I'd never ever let him operate on me after how he treated me. There, now the world can see!!!
Dr Sava

Somerset, KY

#58 Nov 30, 2015
Sava terrible wrote:
<quoted text>Read the links "info" posted; then also read his Minnesota, Ohio, and Kentucky Boards of Medical Licensure disciplinary files. Yes, three states have disciplined him:
Minnesota (3 disciplinary files): https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/BMP/DesktopModule ...
Ohio (3 formal actions): https://license.ohio.gov/Lookup/SearchDetail ....
Kentucky (3 disciplinary actions, most recent March 2008): http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/kbml/finalord ...
Dr Sava is the worst Dr I've ever EVER seen. It troubles me that he's been sued, has a god complex and doesn't care about you as a person. I'd never ever let him operate on me after how he treated me. There, now the world can see!!!
I really hope Dr Guy Sava is no longer practicing! He did carpal tunnel surgery on my hand when i did not need it. Had to go to a Dr in Lexington had to have a small bone removed from my thumb due to arthritis. When Sava did surgery on my hand he did something to muscle & nerve! I cannot open my hand too wide anymore but after the bone removal I no longer have the pain I went to Sava for!!
no good dr

Westerville, OH

#59 Feb 9, 2016
nakedwiseman wrote:
dr sava is one of the nicest, most caring person i have ever met! he truly cares about every one of his patients and he is a great doctor.
bullcrud.....he's terrible
no good dr

Westerville, OH

#60 Feb 9, 2016
wish I didn't have to give one star! this man has a terrible track record and shouldn't be a dr. I went to him years ago and he almost forced me into surgery. here I am years later and with pain management, physical therapy and a GOOD dr., I am much better. please do yourself a favor.....avoid him or if you don't trust me, look at why he's moved from Ohio, to Kentucky, to Minnesota....he has several people irate at what he did to them (I included). he was busted on prescription med ordeal years back as well. at 72 years old, PLEASE stop practicing medicine and retire. I would help us all!!!!!!
bad doc

Westerville, OH

#62 Feb 9, 2016
employee wrote:
and another thing he REQUIRES that you have an updated mri after 6 MONTHS so i find that very unlikely he was going by a MRI that was a year old.
that's funny, when I asked for a second MRI later during treatment, he told me "you can't compare" MRIs.....guess he wanted to chop on me quickly--- sooooo glad I avoided him.
u got lucky or ur a lair

Westerville, OH

#63 Feb 9, 2016
former patient wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100% they are the best. not only are they fantastic, the staff at the nccu unit were absolutely amazing!! the best care and unity i have ever seen in a hospital setting. they are a well oiled machine. they not only went above and beyond for me they went out of their way to make my wife comfortable. absolutely unbelievable. i have undergone several hospital stays with myself and family in several hospitals across the country, never have i ever been so pleased with the care. if any of the staff happen on this blog, my family and i can't say enough. thank you so much!!!
agree to disagree!! the BEST don't get busted writing bogus perscriptions. the BEST don't get sued over and over again...just saying
fat boy saved himself

Westerville, OH

#64 Feb 9, 2016
crazy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all you must have been a fat ass for them to say that about you so go RUNNNN and find another dr. people come to see them from all over the united states why dont you go treat your fatness and if you cant think of anything else besides sterotyipng a doctor who obviously has more knowledge than you than go screw your self, or better yet go EAT A BIG MAC!!!
dude might have been fat but probably saved himself from this quack.....he did get busted by the DEA for RX FRAUD....he HAS BEEN sued many times and has settled out of court. this guy is not fit to be a dr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dose anyone kno eric cowan? (Jan '09) 8 min Brian v 4
Combs family 10 min Brown eyes 20
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 27 min Aithusa 35,517
Word Association (Feb '09) 27 min Red_Forman 12,371
This or That? (May '11) 28 min Red_Forman 2,210
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min Putins Puppet 161,093
Spring is here 2 hr FiddleDeeDee 2

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages