First Prev
of 4
Next Last
disgusted

Somerset, KY

#1 Jan 19, 2010
Goodwill is such a stupid store. They expect people to donate to them then they turn around and sale it. theives.
grapes

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 19, 2010
They price stuff to high for it to be given to them.
mom4

London, KY

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Oh i agree 100% they do rip u off there. They had a wheelchair battery operated donated to them and we checked on it and they want 2 times of what a new cost. I wont donate to them at all
disgusted

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 19, 2010
I don't blame you. They could atleast give someone a little something for it. Like give $5.00 for a kitchen table and sale it for 15.00
crybabies

Mount Ida, AR

#5 Jan 19, 2010
the money goes to help others, stop whining sell your items yourself, goodwill is a very good store very cheap also
boo ya

Danville, KY

#6 Jan 19, 2010
Quit whining about it. You went there for a bargain, so what do you expect. It IS a 'good' place for some people to go to!
ZELDA

London, KY

#7 Jan 19, 2010
Donate your stuff to the churches where they will give it away to the needy for free.
wife works there

London, KY

#8 Jan 19, 2010
I agree that some stuff they may price a little high but for the most part everything is at a good price. clothes for sure they have alot of name brand stuff that is like new or brand new for a fraction of the cost. like the others said if u dont like it dont donate or go sell it yourself, dont sit and complain about them when their helping out people in need when they do sell the stuff
grapes

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 19, 2010
bethany house abuse shelter is also a good place to donate to.
skydancer

Somerset, KY

#10 Jan 19, 2010
wife works there wrote:
I agree that some stuff they may price a little high but for the most part everything is at a good price. clothes for sure they have alot of name brand stuff that is like new or brand new for a fraction of the cost. like the others said if u dont like it dont donate or go sell it yourself, dont sit and complain about them when their helping out people in need when they do sell the stuff
Well,if they're helping out people in need how come their prices are so high?They let a lot of good stuff lay outside in the rain and ruin.They throw a lot of clothes away that poor people would be glad to have to cut up and make quilts from.A lot of clothes garages would buy to make rags.There was two cute orange striped chairs they left out in the rain last week.All they needed was a little cleaning.Some young couple would have been happy to have got them.I heard they threw them away.the stuff they throw away could be sold for a dollar a box easily.No they would rather throw it away.Is your wife the the tall big woman around 55 or so?Works the checkout.The one that gives everyone a hassle by going and checking with the other clerks about the price.LLike you are trying to rip the store off.The thing about it is she is going to cost the store some customers.No one likes to be embarresed by a clerk acting and insinuating in front of other customers you have changed the price tag.She is so hateful to customers.I feel sorry if someone has her for a wife.
boo hoo boo hoo

Mount Ida, AR

#11 Jan 19, 2010
skydancer wrote:
<quoted text>Well,if they're helping out people in need how come their prices are so high?They let a lot of good stuff lay outside in the rain and ruin.They throw a lot of clothes away that poor people would be glad to have to cut up and make quilts from.A lot of clothes garages would buy to make rags.There was two cute orange striped chairs they left out in the rain last week.All they needed was a little cleaning.Some young couple would have been happy to have got them.I heard they threw them away.the stuff they throw away could be sold for a dollar a box easily.No they would rather throw it away.Is your wife the the tall big woman around 55 or so?Works the checkout.The one that gives everyone a hassle by going and checking with the other clerks about the price.LLike you are trying to rip the store off.The thing about it is she is going to cost the store some customers.No one likes to be embarresed by a clerk acting and insinuating in front of other customers you have changed the price tag.She is so hateful to customers.I feel sorry if someone has her for a wife.
im sure ur talking about burnside, i did pick up a purse off the top of shelf a few weeks back and the blonde did say hang on she went to get the brunette who is really hateful ( the one that has her hair tucked under acts like shes ill at the world and never smiles) and come back and told me it wasnt a 3 dollar purse it should of been 9 and something which ive been there enough if they have a 9 dollar purse it would of been under the glass cabinet, like the rest. I kinda thought they had put that out for theirself to buy when they left cause thats the first thing she picked up and it didnt take her two seconds to go get a price change lol but oh well i left it. Honestly i wish i had bought it just cause i thought they wanted it but, the purse was not worth 9, it was a 30 dollar purse if bought new and small one so i didnt feel like wasting my money aint been back, I think the blonde is nice, a little ditzy, the brunette with glasses thats been there forever needs to take some training to work with the public she is rude and i dont have that to say about anyone else at either one of the goodwills here or in the surrounding counties to many people looking for jobs for her to feel so secure she can treat people rudely
patty

London, KY

#12 Jan 19, 2010
grapes wrote:
bethany house abuse shelter is also a good place to donate to.
sure agree the ladies that run raggedy Annies at the tradewinds shopping genter are fantastic, and they seem 2 represent class all the way what awonderful thing 4 the bethany shelter .there prices are great also usually 1.99 for there clothing and I think 3.00 shoes and maybe purses also

WAY TO GO RAGGEDY ANNIES LADIES AND STAFF !!
YOU ARE FANTASTIC
noooo

London, KY

#13 Jan 20, 2010
boo hoo boo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
im sure ur talking about burnside, i did pick up a purse off the top of shelf a few weeks back and the blonde did say hang on she went to get the brunette who is really hateful ( the one that has her hair tucked under acts like shes ill at the world and never smiles) and come back and told me it wasnt a 3 dollar purse it should of been 9 and something which ive been there enough if they have a 9 dollar purse it would of been under the glass cabinet, like the rest. I kinda thought they had put that out for theirself to buy when they left cause thats the first thing she picked up and it didnt take her two seconds to go get a price change lol but oh well i left it. Honestly i wish i had bought it just cause i thought they wanted it but, the purse was not worth 9, it was a 30 dollar purse if bought new and small one so i didnt feel like wasting my money aint been back, I think the blonde is nice, a little ditzy, the brunette with glasses thats been there forever needs to take some training to work with the public she is rude and i dont have that to say about anyone else at either one of the goodwills here or in the surrounding counties to many people looking for jobs for her to feel so secure she can treat people rudely
Only theives act like ALL people steal. They are bad people in my opinion. Stay away.And the higher ups turn a blind eye, cause its a big racquet. Donate to a place that you are CERTAIN where the money goes. Places with a bad rep make the REAL charities lose. Salvation Army sits over there next to Briar Bowl with VERY little in donations, while the hogs at Goodwill take it all.
Salvation Army really really helps the needy.Not THEMSELVES. Thankfully people seem to be realizing how low Goodwill is.A part time job, with no benefits. I do not see any 'challenged ' people working there. just a bunch of scheming lowlives.
The decent employees that TRY to be on the level,eventually leave because of the goings on. Just ask a previous employee.
disgusted

Somerset, KY

#14 Jan 20, 2010
I agree 100 % noooo. I hope the employess of goodwill read this. I especially hate the one in Burnside.

“Irish Eyes, T'salagi Temper”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2010
I used to donate to Goodwill but do not anymore. When my third child was young, we took a truck load if baby clothes and items to the south one. The girls working there told my husband and I quote "Put them in here. We'll go through them and get what we need out and sell the rest." Their storage room was full if things that I know people could've used! I have heard the employees get first pick out if the donations, which I feel is wrong.
Now I donate to God's Helping Hands, local school rescource centers, churches and Harmony House. Never again to Goodwill!
junk hunter

London, KY

#16 Jan 20, 2010
Everytime you go in.....got an employee pulling clothes off the rack with one of those big bins and you can't get through and they sure won't move for you......I love Goodwill...but I do think the employees of both locations are VERY rude and need to sharpen their skills on being courtious and helpful to the customer.........instead they act like it's an inconvience if your in there. The Goodwill's else where {Stanford, Nicholasville,Lex.} are sooo much better and so is the staff. Wise Goodwill employees, YOUR job depends on the customers and the ones who donate.
unhappy customer

London, KY

#17 Jan 20, 2010
I bought some pants & shirts for my husband at Goodwill, I asked the clerk if I could return them if they didn't fit, she said YES, keep your rec. & return them in 7 days. Needless to say I had to return a couple items. I had my rec. in hand, they still gave me a hassle over it. My husband was with me and he usually never makes a comment, but this day he did. He told the clerk "Forget it ", we walked out, he took the bag with the clothes and gave it to the guy who was outside working the donation door and said put this back on the shelf. Goodwill lost customers ,that will never be back.
unhappy customer

London, KY

#18 Jan 20, 2010
By the way, we did not want a cash refund, only to exchange for a different size.
goodwill theifs

London, KY

#20 Jan 20, 2010
most everyone that works at good will in somerset goes through everything and picks out what they want before they put it out for sale.i know this because my daughter use to work there and had seen the 2 older ladies do it.and it is a shame that the stuff is given to goodwill to be sold not for the workers to steal. they have a sign outside that says if you steal from the box you will go to jail.i think they need one put on the inside of the store back in the sorting room...
henny penny

Somerset, KY

#21 Jan 20, 2010
The Burnside one is losing customers because the one worker is always asking for a price check.She carrys on like she thinks you have pulled the tag off.55 years old or so with her hair up.around 190 lbs is the one i'm talking about.She's so nondescript you don't really remember what she looks like.Except for the look on her face.Theres always a look of anger.She really is a sourpuss.Has it never occured to her that Goodwills customers are the ones paying this hateful old hags wages.Goodwill needs to can her if they want to keep their customers.
goodwill theifs wrote:
most everyone that works at good will in somerset goes through everything and picks out what they want before they put it out for sale.i know this because my daughter use to work there and had seen the 2 older ladies do it.and it is a shame that the stuff is given to goodwill to be sold not for the workers to steal. they have a sign outside that says if you steal from the box you will go to jail.i think they need one put on the inside of the store back in the sorting room...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min SNYB 131,580
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Dickens1 22,124
No indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brow... 3 hr havent forgotten 18
pictures with Santa! 6 hr santas little helper 1
Dish network (Aug '11) 7 hr Kill your TV 6
found iphone 7 hr hmmm 7
4 word game (Jan '09) 11 hr Princess Hey 2,005
Somerset Dating
Find my Match

Somerset People Search