What Changes Do Republicans Need to M...

What Changes Do Republicans Need to Make?

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1 Nov 9, 2012
What changes do Republicans need to make within their own party and in it's stances if they expect to ever win a future Presidential election?

“Welcome to the Winds of Change”

Level 5

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Start supporting women, people of color, the glbt community. Educate themselves on reality. Stop being the party of mean and no and divorcing themselves from the church. Church and state do not mix for a reason and until they catch up with that fact of reality things are not really going to change. The list could go on, but the major changes they need to make I have stated. Old white men is no longer going to win you national elections.
Old enough to know better

Tazewell, VA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
They need to return to the priciples of fiscal responsibility,

honest business, not lobbyist dominated dogma

and stop lying at us!

I was a Reaganite and the current Republicans disgust me!

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Since I've been giving warnings about how the Republican party leadership across the nation (both at the State and Federal level) are living in the far past where it concerns women and women's issues I will bring that up. After all, they messed up so badly on us we became a massive voting force that kept the Republicans out of the Presidency in two elections in a row. Especially this election.

I already said most of this on another thread but it's an important change the Republicans need to accept if they wish to win in the future. We are too much of a power and voting force now.

First, I have no idea where the Republican party get the issues that they think or claim are important to us. Because they are wrong. I think maybe they do phone polling and only ask women that are home at 1 PM. Women that only leave the house to go grocery shopping. Or from their wives that grew up rich and protected from the outside world.

Here are the changes that need to be made pertaining to women if they ever wish to have a chance at our support and therefore a shot at the Presidency. Ignoring these issues is what caused them to lose the last two elections. Particularly this election.

And the Party cannot do only small token efforts or just talk about helping, we learned in the past to watch out for that. We're not stupid.

They need to do this .....

Leave Planned Parenthood, abortion, and the pill alone at both the State and Federal level. By leave abortion alone I mean also stop attempting to find ways to block or reduce access in each state.

And stop blocking fair pay laws and begin supporting them (passing them). Also stop attempting to abolish fair pay laws in States were they already exist.

Also stop blocking things at the state level such as laws banning insurance companies from charging women more than they charge men. We also like the idea of us having good heath care.

Another issue is to support full sex-education, and stop this wanting only to teach abstinence-only sex-ed with a ban on mentioning birth control. Yes, there were a bunch of Republican bills around the nation seeking this.

Something very important ..... the Republican party badly need to force out the extremist-religious movement that's become rooted into the party. Religious extremists are a threat to our rights. That's where a lot of the attacks from the Republican party is coming from.

Another is stop attempting to pass important things down to the state level. This is American, one nation, we're one people. Not 50 separate little nations each with their own laws. We like the security that comes with a good federal government.

If they don't ..... the republican party can also kiss the next Presidential election goodbye.

Tazewell, VA

#5 Nov 9, 2012
I will vote democrat in spite to punish the republicans for not living up to what they claim is their ideals. The republicans claim to be Sir Lancelot, and yet when you lift the visor you see John Holmes.

Stop Lying to us! You don't deserve our votes!

Tazewell, VA

#6 Nov 9, 2012
After the last campaign I got this Romnoid in my nether regions. Thanks to Obama care I can get it lanced.

I don't like everything that Obama has done, but at least he's been honest about what he plans. Romnoid has lied every other day. Does he not know about cameras and tape recordings? Is he even Mormon, or is he really Amish? Actually I'd like an Amish President, if he was honest about it.

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Jenny you need to join Cynthia McKinny's party.Youre as nutty as she is!
Truth

London, KY

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
Jenny you need to join Cynthia McKinny's party.Youre as nutty as she is!
She's right, though.
Easy Peasy

Brownsville, TN

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Drop all of the superstitions so many of you pass off as "religion" ... or at least keep them to yourselves.

Enough with the pro-life crap, war-lovers. It's a zygote.

Stop denying science and demonizing education.

Realize how fortunate you are to have what you already have. Stop wanting more and accusing others of "taking your stuff."

Ronny raygun

Cicero, IL

#10 Nov 9, 2012
In 2016 they need to find a conservative black homosexual to run for president and a Hispanic lesbian to run for vp; run on the promise of cradle to grave welfare and no taxes.

#11 Nov 9, 2012
Ronny raygun wrote:
In 2016 they need to find a conservative black homosexual to run for president and a Hispanic lesbian to run for vp; run on the promise of cradle to grave welfare and no taxes.
Bright move ..... keep the groups peeved off that caused you guys to lose this election. Let me count them in your post ..... blacks, women, latinos, gays and lesbians, and probably the 47 percent again. Did I miss any?
Tough Love

Somerset, KY

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Until republicans stop electing uber-spenders like Hal Rogers, they will have no credibility when it comes to claims they are the fiscally responsible party.
Porky

Somerset, KY

#13 Nov 9, 2012
Hal "King of Pork" Rogers - Part of the Problem!

“One day at a time”

Level 6

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#14 Nov 10, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bright move ..... keep the groups peeved off that caused you guys to lose this election. Let me count them in your post ..... blacks, women, latinos, gays and lesbians, and probably the 47 percent again. Did I miss any?
Really?Then what caused you libs to lose landslide after landslide in 2010?
Buddah

Fordyce, AR

#15 Nov 10, 2012
1. Start telling people they can have what they want at the expense of somebody else.

2. Close your eyes to the slaughter of defenseless human beings.( It soothes the conscience to call them a zygote or fetus).

3. When people object to the notion of paying for your birth control, call it a "war on women". Ask them why they hate you.

4. Never forget to blame your predecessor AT ALL TIMES. This is critical.

5. Stop believing in stuff! Also a critical step. How dare you believe in things (like morality) while so
many don't? The government can decide what is right.(Refer to #2).

6. It really helps if you find a way to make 20 million illegal immigrants believe THEY are the victims. You see, they have relatives here who vote. And who victimizes them? WHITE
PROTESTANTS.

7. Use public money to buy the votes in critical swing states with "bailouts". Have to borrow trillions to do this? Refer to #1.

8. It really helps if the media is in your pocket.

By following these steps, the Republicans can be back in power in no time. Even a nobody with no real leadership experience might be elected! Twice!
repubs wont look at facts

Sheridan, AR

#16 Nov 10, 2012
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
<quoted text>Really?Then what caused you libs to lose landslide after landslide in 2010?
Who's President? Every political analyst and news network have said it was directly due to the women and latino vote. Including your beloved FOX saying it. 2010 is when the repubs begin attacking women and latinos, and with a chuckle I remind you they then voted a dem as president. Maybe there'll be changes in 2014 to go along with it.
zipyourlip

London, KY

#17 Nov 10, 2012
LOS ANGELES -- If the future happens first in California, the Republican Party has a problem.

The nation's most populous state home to 1 in 8 Americans has entered a period of Democratic political control so far-reaching that the dwindling number of Republicans in the Legislature are in danger of becoming mere spectators at the statehouse.

Democrats hold the governorship and every other statewide office. They gained even more ground in Tuesday's elections, picking up at least three congressional seats while votes continue to be counted in two other tight races in one upset, Democrat Raul Ruiz, a Harvard-educated physician who mobilized a district's growing swath of Hispanic voters, pushed out longtime Republican Rep. Mary Bono Mack.

The party also secured a supermajority in one, and possibly both, chambers in the Legislature.

"Republican leaders should look at California and shudder," says Steve Schmidt, who managed John McCain's 2008 campaign and anchored former Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's re-election team in 2006. "The two-party system has collapsed."

Rock Forever

#18 Nov 10, 2012
Buddah wrote:
1. Start telling people they can have what they want at the expense of somebody else.
2. Close your eyes to the slaughter of defenseless human beings.( It soothes the conscience to call them a zygote or fetus).
3. When people object to the notion of paying for your birth control, call it a "war on women". Ask them why they hate you.
4. Never forget to blame your predecessor AT ALL TIMES. This is critical.
5. Stop believing in stuff! Also a critical step. How dare you believe in things (like morality) while so
many don't? The government can decide what is right.(Refer to #2).
6. It really helps if you find a way to make 20 million illegal immigrants believe THEY are the victims. You see, they have relatives here who vote. And who victimizes them? WHITE
PROTESTANTS.
7. Use public money to buy the votes in critical swing states with "bailouts". Have to borrow trillions to do this? Refer to #1.
8. It really helps if the media is in your pocket.
By following these steps, the Republicans can be back in power in no time. Even a nobody with no real leadership experience might be elected! Twice!
There just went the 2014 and 2016 elections to the democrats. Wanna try for losing 2020, too?
Buddah

Fordyce, AR

#19 Nov 11, 2012
Lost In The Continuum wrote:
<quoted text>
There just went the 2014 and 2016 elections to the democrats. Wanna try for losing 2020, too?
By 2020 the debt will have collapsed the economy to the point that we resemble Weimar Germany. We'll have bigger problems than elections.
Obama Biden 2012

Lexington, KY

#20 Nov 11, 2012
Buddah wrote:
<quoted text>
By 2020 the debt will have collapsed the economy to the point that we resemble Weimar Germany. We'll have bigger problems than elections.
blah blah blah , hate rhetoric is all you ignorant, uneducated republiperverts know, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 2 min Red_Forman 11,420
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min ChromiuMan 142,442
Liquor store 1 hr boky 5
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr covcas 27,484
3 word comment - (Oct '09) 6 hr boky 6,247
4 word game (Jan '09) 14 hr Honest Babe 2,203
acura interga no spark 16 hr warren 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages