Richard New Indicted
I Know The Truth

East Bernstadt, KY

#44 Jul 4, 2012
Wait and see wrote:
I do not know if the charges are true or not, but I think Richard's attorney is trying to divert attention by pointing out the timing of the indictment. How long did the Jerry Sandusky investigation take to go to a grand jury? How long has the Dale Anderson investigation been going on? The KSP is thorough. Also, don't you think the Lake Cumberland Funeral Home people would have wanted this to come out before Southern Oaks even opened? The State police do not investigate someone and it go to a grand jury on the wishes of a group of people with no probable cause.
What ever DID happen with the Coach Dale Anderson case? Have they ever charged him with anything or cleared him? Seems like it is taking an awful long time to figure out if he abused those kids or not!

As for Richard New, I reckon we will see how the charges play out. Could be, he did it. It could also be a ploy to get him voted out of his position and discredit his new business.
Poky

Hazard, KY

#45 Jul 4, 2012
http://somerset-kentucky.com/newslive/x200467...
havent heard wrote:
Guess I'll take the ole "believe it when I see it" approach. Seems like a lot of false info starts here on topix anyhow. DO you have a legitimate link or something news worthy?
citizen

Pineville, KY

#46 Jul 4, 2012
A lot worse around here than Richard New, that's for sure, i have no idea if he is innocent or guilty, only a jury and judge can decide that, i do know he was very professional when he handled a few of my family's funerals and we appreciate that. I do know that we have politicians here in office now, that has and are doing a lot worse. I am guessing if the city or county had a forensic audit, their would be a lot of people sweating around here right now.
Poky

Hazard, KY

#47 Jul 4, 2012
it all comes down to the wire, a person really doesn't know the people that the call their friends.....hmmmm? sometimes people just get too greedy in their positions of public trust. after all nowadays "it's all about the money".
RayRay wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I voted yes. What does one issue have to do with the other? I never said that Richard New was innocent or guilty. I just hope the facts come out and the chips fall where they may. GET A LIFE!!! People in the good ole USA are, at least for now, allowed to have differing opinions on any given issue. If you feel Richard New is guilty as sin, then you are welcome to your opinion, and nothing anyone could say will change that. My opinion is that I have known him for several years and find all this hard to believe. My finding it "hard to believe" will not change the facts. You do, however, seem to have all the facts. That's why you already have him pronounced guilty and ready to impose his sentence.

“Hello again”

Level 8

Since: Jan 09

KY Pineywoods

#48 Jul 4, 2012
It seems strange that it's been over a year since they fired him from lcfh and it's taken this long to come up with "supposedly" some wrong doing to charge him with.Something smells very fishy!
what the heck

Brownsville, TN

#49 Jul 4, 2012
well i will say he was very proffesional to my family as well when we needed him. But, if he is guilty as accused, all the professionalism in the world could be a farce and a put on act to keep people off guard to any wrong doings. I do not know one way or the other only richard knows. the question is do you take a second chance on some one who could be a thief? It is a personal choice I suppose.
Truth

United States

#51 Jul 4, 2012
This story is just beginning a lot of problems in this group LCFH and Southern Oaks. Not about caring for families and of course for a profit that's why they are in business. It is about numbers backstabbing and who buried who. I think they will be more indictments coming and everybody will tell all soon. Funny howl LCFH attorney mentioned the LCFH funeral trust account it may get interesting soon.
Truth

United States

#52 Jul 4, 2012
If I had a Pre-Funded Funeral I would check into it. State Law will let them use so much money upfront. I just thought it was odd how that wasn't mentioned but the second sentence out was about the trust fund.
what the heck

Brownsville, TN

#53 Jul 4, 2012
the time factor has been put to bed with the fact that it takes the ksp months to gather info in this type of case. It would have been long since out of the hands and control of where he used to work. It was all on the state.
RayRay

Lexington, KY

#54 Jul 4, 2012
what the heck wrote:
ray ray, why steer blame in a different direction? your comment is very close to a comment posted several months ago when everyone was blasting lcfh for firing richard. could it be you have a vested interest in richard and his businesses well being!? just saying. 12 people on a grand jury cant all be wrong 26 times nor can the ksp fraud unit.
Not steering any blame. Just pointing out the fact that there has been a lot of hands in the LCFH cookie jar. It could very well be that Richard's hands are the ones in that jar. Or not. My feeling that it is "hard to believe" is simply the way I feel. No, I do not have any vested interest in Richard New financially. As far as the government picked grand jury. They will do what they do based on whatever "facts" the government presents them. And if there is anything we can absolutely, 150% trust in, it is the government. LOL!!!
Desperate

United States

#56 Jul 4, 2012
They have went through 10 years of bookkeeping almost 12 million worth of business if my numbers are accurate and indicted him on every account of missing money.I wonder how many people deposited money or took payments over these 10 yrs at the funeral home. He maybe guilty but it don't sound right. I wondered how many counts the manager at Walmart could be indicted for if every time a clerks register came up short the manager took the blame. Not much proof here, but it may come later on.
RayRay

Lexington, KY

#57 Jul 4, 2012
Poky wrote:
it all comes down to the wire, a person really doesn't know the people that the call their friends.....hmmmm? sometimes people just get too greedy in their positions of public trust. after all nowadays "it's all about the money".
<quoted text>
I could not agree more on the statement on how well do we really know our "friends". We really don't. I have been disappointed many times by the action and attitudes of some that I have called "friend". All my dealing with Richard have been in relation to the services he has provided for my family and friends OR in his capacity as Coroner.
Court

United States

#58 Jul 4, 2012
The only way they can prove him guilty is have a tape of him getting the money or him endorsing a check made to the funeral home and not depositing it. All audits over that time period of any business will not account for every cent. Go back ten yrs and balance your own checkbook mistakes happen we are human. He maybe a thief but this is totally political and self motivated business timing.
what the heck

Brownsville, TN

#59 Jul 4, 2012
what a uninformed load of crap!"politically and self motivated business timing" ???? really???? there is no business agenda for the KSP. They could care less about the business. The fact remains that New did enough wrong to warrant getting indicted. And they are suppose to wait or look the other way because he has a new business? Are you kidding all of us here? The only person who could possibly believe that statement is either New or some of his business associates.
Mike

London, KY

#63 Jul 4, 2012
Sounds like jealousy from a previous Funeral Home, since Southern Oaks seems to be doing pretty well right now.

Just my opinion
righton

Greenbrier, AR

#66 Jul 4, 2012
Mike wrote:
Sounds like jealousy from a previous Funeral Home, since Southern Oaks seems to be doing pretty well right now.
Just my opinion
What would you have done, forgot about it and let him get away with it?
Court

United States

#69 Jul 4, 2012
what the heck wrote:
what a uninformed load of crap!"politically and self motivated business timing" ???? really???? there is no business agenda for the KSP. They could care less about the business. The fact remains that New did enough wrong to warrant getting indicted. And they are suppose to wait or look the other way because he has a new business? Are you kidding all of us here? The only person who could possibly believe that statement is either New or some of his business associates.
I think if I'm informed correctly KSP turns information over to Commonwealth Attorney. Who was the special appointed attorney where was he from Whitley and Whitley City? and he presented to grand jury.Some stockholders of LCFH do some serious business in these counties if I'm informed correctly. Crap that means if Southern Oaks takes business fromLCFH then them stockholders are financial affected Now that's a load of crap.
Court

United States

#70 Jul 4, 2012
Ronnie Reagan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the charges? They said over $60,000 dollars. That sounds more than just a little change making error. Oh and by the I doubt Wal-Mart and the Funeral home are a reasonable comparison. Secondly bookeeping errors and plain old theft is two totally different things. Apparently the Funeral thought so to they fired him didn't they?
Yes I did read the charges 60,000 is .005% of the figures they audited. From what I have heard several people collected money deposited monies over that period of time. Forget Walmart your corner grocery what if every time over a 10 year period they come up short on a shift change they indicted the manager for their shortage. I think there is more to the story cause this isn't adding up from I have been made aware of they audited like 15 million over that period and if thats the case that's less than .004% And you tell. Me you go back to 2002 find a shortage and without perfect documentation video tape or directly depositing a check or cashing a check the manager gets indicted. If Richard is guilty he would been foolish to start a new business don't you think

Level 4

Since: Jun 12

London, KY

#73 Jul 4, 2012
I knew his father and I know him. His father was a hell of a man and I like Richard as well.

Does this make him innocent? Hell no, anyone can be tempted by money. Do I think he is innocent? Most likely yes.

I read the write up in the CWJ and it stated itself that it did seem a little suspicious that the indictment came out when it did.

I know if the KSP came in and checked my books they would find flaws. I own the company but I do the best I can to keep the books correct ( I however am not an accountant). I think he and his dad were investors in LCFH and then they sold out. When they did the other guys fired him after a while again not certain. I am fairly certain they kept him on for a while just to get business. Then they heard rumors of him starting up his own Funeral home and axed him.(just what I heard and it doesn't mean its true, and yes I am jaded).

Supposedly they turned over these financial papers as soon as they fired him. But I honestly don't think its going to take a year or however long for them to get this going. The CWJ said KSP had a professional (Crack) accounting unit that specialized in this to look at the books. So it could be true.

Or it could be someone making the guy look bad. Richard has always been up front and honest with me. I think he is a good man at heart and until he is proven guilty in a court of law I will continue to believe this.

If he is guilty then I really feel sorry for him. His father would be rolling over in his grave. If he is proven innocent, I hope he sues the hell out of LCFH and takes it for all its worth.

Either way he has a tarnish on his name and I doubt he will be re-elected to Coroner.

“Hello again”

Level 8

Since: Jan 09

KY Pineywoods

#74 Jul 5, 2012
I believe Richard will overcome all of this crap and come out smelling like a rose,then maybe all the stink weeds that are trying to discredit him will swivel up and shut up!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wuz up in the set tonight 24 min Chill in the set 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min Papito 149,954
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 47 min Hatti_Hollerand 32,318
Missing Dog 50 min Bonnie 1
Armstrong Affairs (Jan '16) 1 hr Aaron 41
Unsolved Murder/ Cold cases In Somerset (May '08) 1 hr she my cousin I m... 629
Ken Holland prints (Nov '10) 2 hr bjones623 31

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages