Lies of the local government...

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Somerset, KY

#66 Apr 2, 2013
Read the article in today's paper. Maybe someone in the government actually reads topix
gonzo

Hazard, KY

#67 Apr 2, 2013
TitanPrometheus wrote:
Read the article in today's paper. Maybe someone in the government actually reads topix
Maybe.... but has the issue been resolved? Think there is more to come....
Weswood

Manchester, KY

#68 Apr 2, 2013
Which one?

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Somerset, KY

#69 Apr 2, 2013
I do think there is, there is a play there somewhere. Where it is I don't know. Maybe with a little bit of investigation we can get the truth.
briar patch

Pineville, KY

#70 Apr 2, 2013
Girdler wasn't available for comment? Come on he likes nothing more to be on the front page of the newspaper (which promotes him as king), he will spin it and use his influence with the paper to make it look good for him,its for sure the News Editor won't let anything bad to be said about the mayor, Girdler wants more money than the shortfall of EMS, he wants control of them Industrail foundation and the Tourist Commission, this has nothing to do with EMS, he is using them as a tool, to get more money out of the county. This will not be good enough for him. The ball is in his court now, lets sit back and see what he will do?
gonzo

Lexington, KY

#71 Apr 2, 2013
briar patch wrote:
Girdler wasn't available for comment? Come on he likes nothing more to be on the front page of the newspaper (which promotes him as king), he will spin it and use his influence with the paper to make it look good for him,its for sure the News Editor won't let anything bad to be said about the mayor, Girdler wants more money than the shortfall of EMS, he wants control of them Industrail foundation and the Tourist Commission, this has nothing to do with EMS, he is using them as a tool, to get more money out of the county. This will not be good enough for him. The ball is in his court now, lets sit back and see what he will do?
You are really well informed it seems... are you working for Kim Jong Girdler? Yes, I agree the industrial foundation dollars are wasted with the organization in place...and the court should have never allocated a chunk to the useless "private" airport..but "bungling Bart" and his overpaid minions are following their orders. You briar already know this....keep up the good work...
briar patch

Pineville, KY

#72 Apr 6, 2013
Unified government? Is this really good or will it just mean more for a select few? More than it is now? I think its funny that they are going to the city and county too ask for money for a study, which gets rid of the people they are asking money from. These are the business leaders of tomorrow? How stupid are they?
groupy

Harrison, AR

#73 Apr 6, 2013
If there is a merge the citizens of somerset are looking to get double or triple taxes and utilities in the future if it is to be spread into the county they have some of the lowest in the state right now.
Westwood

Somerset, KY

#74 Apr 6, 2013
groupy wrote:
If there is a merge the citizens of somerset are looking to get double or triple taxes and utilities in the future if it is to be spread into the county they have some of the lowest in the state right now.
What are you basing this on?
briar patch

Pineville, KY

#75 Apr 6, 2013
Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you basing this on?
I will answer for him, you think its cheap to run gas lines and sewer lines all across the county? If it turns into a merge government, people in the county will start yelling for the same services the city residents have.
agatha

London, KY

#76 Apr 6, 2013
Yes for same services like city has. Include but not limited to water meter in front yard not 2000 feet down the dirt road.
MetroPro

Brownsville, TN

#77 Apr 6, 2013
A merger or metro doesn't mean that everyone will get the same services. Natural gas will not be provided into the county. You will have the same services you have now. which means you will have the same tax rate (based on the services you recieve)read the krs. its all in there. Its not a big deal it is just removing douplicated services. Considering how the cities and the county get along I think it is a great idea.
Westwood

Somerset, KY

#78 Apr 7, 2013
I think I believe MetroPro before I'd believe briar patch and groupy. Of course they all may be wrong, I'll wait on the study results.
I think we can look for the Magistrates to pitch in their part but Kim Jong and council may be a different matter.
briar patch

Pineville, KY

#79 Apr 7, 2013
The city taxpayers are the ones that will lose, county has nothing, no money, no utilities or anything. Kim Jong Girdler has brought this on the city residents by being a bully and a dictator and the council has sit there and let him do it without much fuss at all. Right now Somerset has low taxes, fairly cheap utility's, what is going to happen when you add 50,000 more people that are all wanting what the city residents have? You will have to raise taxes and utility's to provide all the services to everyone. No way around it. Common sense. Also i would imagine along with county / metro government will come a lot new regulations for county residents, like building permits and things like that. Just imagine anytime you want to build a barn or a shed having to submit plans and wait two months for approval from a board to do it. Lots of things to consider here.
gonzo

Lexington, KY

#80 Apr 7, 2013
briar patch wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer for him, you think its cheap to run gas lines and sewer lines all across the county? If it turns into a merge government, people in the county will start yelling for the same services the city residents have.
Exactly...why would a citizen of Somerset want to be part of a united government that would raise taxes, utility rates, big is not always better.. I say let the county go foward with the united plan if they wish, but leave the city of Somerset intact.
briar patch

Pineville, KY

#81 Apr 7, 2013
gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...why would a citizen of Somerset want to be part of a united government that would raise taxes, utility rates, big is not always better.. I say let the county go foward with the united plan if they wish, but leave the city of Somerset intact.
I agree. Kim Jong Girdler is ready for comments for the paper when its in his favor or he writes the statements, they make him look good. Wonder how come he has not came out and said anything on this or the EMS issue? Is he hiding? I know one of those so called leaders of the Unified group has benefited greatly from Girdler being mayor, wonder how Kim Jong is going to take being played like that? Also i have talked to a few of those members of that group, they say they aren't in that group, they just went to a meeting to listen and automatically became a member of that group by just being there.
moronic

Mount Vernon, KY

#82 Apr 8, 2013
Hey Briar Patch...maybe you should have the stones to talk directly to the news editor about your issues. Coward.
Westwood

Somerset, KY

#83 Apr 8, 2013
I'm sure Kim Jong will have his say in tomorrow's paper.
Westwood

Somerset, KY

#84 Apr 8, 2013
briar patch wrote:
----all wanting what the city residents have?---
I live in the county. Somerset has nothing, I repeat NOTHING, that I want. Cable TV might be nice but satellite is competitive.
doing fine

Somerset, KY

#85 Apr 8, 2013
Sounds like Girdler is having a stroke over this. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Calhoun 159,596
Mexicans 59 min Avenger 15
Traci flynn 1 hr deal 16
Somerset speedway 1 hr Proof 1
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 1 hr FiddleDeeDee 15,509
Who knows Brandi Gibson-Stoops? 1 hr FiddleDeeDee 2
Jennifer Neal 1 hr FiddleDeeDee 10

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages