Lies of the local government...

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Prometheus

Somerset, KY

#1 Mar 27, 2013
In my quest for the truth I have uncovered a few things and want to give back the information that has been taken by our local government, the fire if you will... The mayor of the City of Somerset and the Pulaski County judge executive have been in coercion. They are blinding the city councilors and the magistrates into this battle over Somerset-Pulaski County EMS. The battle if you will isn't truly over unpaid occupational tax dollars, in reality it is over a 55 million dollar natural gas pipeline that Mayor Girdler wants to build running from Somerset to Liberty and beyond. The city does not have the cash nor does it have the liquid assets to float the loan for the build.
Mayor Girdler and Judge Bullock see it fitting that the city receives 40% of the occupational tax, a tax that is now in in the hands of the Somerset City Council to enact one of their own effectively taking more than 60% of the tax base from the county which will in effect bankrupt the county in less than a year.
Ask yourselves why? Why would the city be asking for 900,000 then when the County officials agree to give it to them is it suddenly not enough? It's not enough because the City truly needs the upwards of 6 million to secure the loan for the construction of the pipeline.
The mayor sees fit to play with the emergency response inside the county and truly in the city, taking money from local business owners to ensure they have jobs when the smoke clears. He has understaffed the city fire department and is handicapping the heads of EMS to place part time employees into positions they are either unqualified for or that, for whatever reason, should not be in.
Hasn't he been in office long enough to have named a fire chief? A police chief? Why hasn't he? Cause green talks!
Its time to take a stand against the tyranny! Call your councilors, call your magistrates and demand a resolve to this issue... Tell them you want resolve, you will not have your family going with out EMS or their political futures will come to an end!
This has gone on long enough! Let him build his pipeline with someone else's ill-gotten money!
Old

Beattyville, KY

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Are you talking about the natural gas pipeline that was already built like 40 years ago?
MMXXIII

Manchester, KY

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Can you be more specific, please.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Hartland, WI

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Yes that would be the one, for the amount of gas they want to sell it needs to be tripled in size.
briar patch

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Nothing surprises me with this mayor, the councilman and woman willing to give up on EMS and the employees should be ashamed, bottom line is this, the council controls the money and the magistrates control the money, they are just too scared of Girdler to do anything about it. If this is true , then isn't it ironic that the mayor wants to build a 8.5 million so called energy hub and a couple of employees own some gas wells in eastern ky and they sell back to the city. Its time for the council to get off their rumps and do something about it. Its called work, go and find out what the heck is going on. They all have family members in the county and this will effect the care they get if they ever need EMS. You want help to get to you in 5 minutes or 35 minutes. All involved should be ashamed to let it get this far.
gonzo

London, KY

#8 Mar 27, 2013
briar patch wrote:
Nothing surprises me with this mayor, the councilman and woman willing to give up on EMS and the employees should be ashamed, bottom line is this, the council controls the money and the magistrates control the money, they are just too scared of Girdler to do anything about it. If this is true , then isn't it ironic that the mayor wants to build a 8.5 million so called energy hub and a couple of employees own some gas wells in eastern ky and they sell back to the city. Its time for the council to get off their rumps and do something about it. Its called work, go and find out what the heck is going on. They all have family members in the county and this will effect the care they get if they ever need EMS. You want help to get to you in 5 minutes or 35 minutes. All involved should be ashamed to let it get this far.
Good point...maybe people need to call the city and county and ask what is the deal? What progress has been made toward solving the issue...and probably the local paper and so-called news radio stations should be contacted, to do their jobs....good ad dollars from the local taxpayers.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#10 Mar 27, 2013
Let us add some other wrong doings shall we?

He is in fact in a legal battle with the state ABC office over what he feels is best for the city. Where is that money coming from?
In case you didn't know it's not coming from his pockets, it's coming from tax payer dollars.
This street-scape project have cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars, for what? Nicer traffic lights? Lets use that money somewhere else, like like trying to bring in more businesses to lower our escalating unemployment rate or some form of culture so our youths minds don't fester and die.
ToCanSam

London, KY

#11 Mar 28, 2013
They spent millions on the street-scape projects and all utilities were to be underground, but the telephone poles are still standing on south main, you really can't tell they changed anything other than maybe new sidewalks, what a waste of money.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#12 Mar 28, 2013
Well lets just say that Bullock isn't totally blameless here either, was his first in command not, Eddie's family when he took office? They have been in coercion from day one, using.
me

Manchester, KY

#13 Mar 28, 2013
Their starting next year to add a pipe line class at the area high schools
Seeker

Somerset, KY

#14 Mar 28, 2013
Instead of hiding behind the anonymity of a discussion forum, why don't those of you who have concerns about local government speak during a Council or Fiscal Court meeting. It's rare that citizens even attend the meetings let alone speak publicly or raise areas of concern with their representatives. It's one thing to make questionable accusations on a discussion forum where your identity is concealed, but it's another to stand before friends and neighbors and present a cogent argument based on fact. Stop being cowards and man-up. I'm sure our elected officials would welcome an opportunity to help you in your "quest for the truth." And if they don't, then vote them out in the next election. However, based on what I have seen on Topix over the years, I suspect that "truth" is the last thing some of you are interested in.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2013
Awfully bold statement for someone that doesn't have a registered account here and probably changes their name every time they post. As far as going to the council meeting, I go every time I am off work, their response, going into executive session.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#16 Mar 28, 2013
As far as "hiding behind the anonymity of a discussion forum" on my end it has merely to do with the fact that the countless letters I have sent to the newspaper that never get posted and their lack of doing any investigative reporting on the issue.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Further more how is waiting till the next election going to stem the tide of the people of Pulaski County losing their EMS coverage in less than 45 days?
Westwood

Hazard, KY

#18 Mar 28, 2013
TitanPrometheus wrote:
----the people of Pulaski County losing their EMS coverage in less than 45 days?
Oh, BS.
Are you actually naive enough to believe that anyone will lose their EMS coverage? It ain't gonna happen. Don't fall for scare tactics. Maybe you would have more credence if you weren't using a character from Greek Mythology.
briar patch

Middlesboro, KY

#19 Mar 28, 2013
westwood your wrong it could happen very easily

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Exactly how do you plan on providing EMS coverage with out an ambulance service?

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#21 Mar 28, 2013
The fact that the EMS agency is in fact operated by the City of Somerset is lost on you isn't it?
Westwood

Hazard, KY

#22 Mar 28, 2013
We'll lose it at the same time the library closes.

Level 1

Somerset, KY

#23 Mar 28, 2013
That may be so but would you be willing to risk your families lives on the fact that Girdler won't do everything in his power to live up to the threat? Please remember there is nothing in state law that says that EMS has to provide coverage outside of the city. Are you really? Because I'm damn sure not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min curtjester1 135,598
3 word comment - (Oct '09) 1 hr Angel in LA 6,126
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 10,999
Word Association (Feb '09) 2 hr Red_Forman 11,973
Do you like big butts or small butts? (Sep '09) 3 hr shape 34
Michael parks an Patricia gulley parks 4 hr manni 1
How come its so hard to find a good guy?? (Aug '08) 8 hr Coral 45
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]