Obama regime notes federal gas taxes ...

Obama regime notes federal gas taxes have not raised since 1993

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Fill her up

Robbins, TN

#1 Dec 1, 2012
Look for federal and state gasoline taxes to be raised soon.
about time

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 1, 2012
Fill her up wrote:
you rich folks driving suv's have it coming. I thinks its funny cause I only leave the house a few times a week!
Okay Then

Pineville, KY

#3 Dec 1, 2012
Then that means you don't work I guess? Which means you're also on stamps. Which means you don't pay hardly any taxes anyway and probably rent the place to live in. And you're also probably waiting to pay a power bill so you can get that late notice and have it paid for you through our dime.
When you get on here to call me a liar you can lie to us about it to make it sound better if you want to. It's okay. God knows the truth and in the end it won't matter to any of us people who have worked hard to try to pay our own way anyhow. But it will matter as far as you're concerned in the eyes of God.
about time

Somerset, KY

#4 Dec 2, 2012
No, I will not call you a lier cause most of the stuff you say is true BUT, I do get a check cause I'm disabled (overdose complications). I drive a small gas efficent kia,I'm constantly passed by 70 mph SUV's on 55 mph roads (like your in a life or death hurry to get to the gym HA!) relax enjoy life thats all I gota say dude!
Paul Revere

Somerset, KY

#8 Dec 5, 2012
-about time-...

1. Your definition of "rich folk" is anyone NOT on some form of govt assistance, correct?
CHECK!

2. Counting the days till you "get yours" thru wealth redistribution. Never mind that you haven't a damn thing to deserve taking your next breath let alone a check.
CHECK!

3. You spend your time constructively...having your "eggs seeded".
CHECK!

Congratulations! You're the poster-girl for Obama voters!
You've won...a lifetime sucking off the entitlement system and an Obama-phone!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Fill her up wrote:
Well look to Congress for it then, because the Executive branch can only SUGGEST taxes increases or decreases...CONGRESS makes it law.
Paul Revere

London, KY

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look to Congress for it then, because the Executive branch can only SUGGEST taxes increases or decreases...CONGRESS makes it law.
The President has the bully pulpit of his office to push for whatever laws he wants. Example: Obamacare.
And as the default head of his political party you can count on all Dems to get inline with whatever he wants.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Paul Revere wrote:
<quoted text>
The President has the bully pulpit of his office to push for whatever laws he wants. Example: Obamacare.
And as the default head of his political party you can count on all Dems to get inline with whatever he wants.
Actually, the Affordable Health care act was copied almost verbatim from the republican health care proposal of 1996.

And the president can suggest what can be done. PLEASE show me where the republicans did ONE thing to help the American worker The President tried to help?>
true american

London, KY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
really, the Rommknee man wanted to ruin america by cut in out aid to poor and helping rich folks.
We showed him by voting him down, a little extra pennys on gallon of gas would help this country by having more money and programs for poor.
I do agree with more tax for the suv owners as she said before.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#14 Dec 6, 2012
"Regime"

LOL

I love swimming in these Republican tears.
Paul Revere

Manchester, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Affordable Health care act was copied almost verbatim from the republican health care proposal of 1996.
And the president can suggest what can be done. PLEASE show me where the republicans did ONE thing to help the American worker The President tried to help?>
Really? So, Republicans at some point proposed a 2,700 page bill that created over 300 govt offices to manage healthcare?
Obamacare is a farce and completely based in European Social-Democratic theory.
Republicans have tried to lower your taxes and keep them low. Lower personal and corporate tax rates result in more money into the economy. That means companies can expand and hire workers and more workers mean more trade...plus more tax revenue for the govt.
More people working is how you increase tax revenue. NOT by continuing to raise taxes on the small percentage that create the jobs in the first place.
Raising taxes on those who earn $250K or more will affect nearly 1 million small businesses. And that group are the largest employers in the United States. But, go right ahead and further tie the hands of job creaters. It's working pretty well huh? What's the U-6 number these days? 14.4%

http://portalseven.com/employment/unemploymen...
Disabled 2

Saint Marys, PA

#16 Dec 27, 2012
There are people out there like myself who cannot work.( i'm paralyzed due to being shot) But I do have a few suggestions for those who think everyone is "just sucking off the gov. tit"
Stop giving wel-fare to illegal immigrants, Stop the "anchor babies" DRUG TEST wel-fare recipients. And if you are healthy enough to work, require proof of active job hunting. Stop giving everybody with a headache or depression disability!
Correct our system and there wouldn't be such a need for assistance. But to cut it off for everyone - that is not the answer - should I have to starve to death or die due to no health care because I got shot through no fault of my own?
As for the gas - those of us who live in the snow belt NEED 4X4 SUVs & Trucks to navigate through the snow. My ex-wife has to drive to work 34 miles a day, when you raise the gas taxes you are not hurting the rich, you are killing the average $10.00 per hour working man/woman!!!
light come on in head

London, KY

#17 Dec 27, 2012
Disabled 2 wrote:
There are people out there like myself who cannot work.( i'm paralyzed due to being shot) But I do have a few suggestions for those who think everyone is "just sucking off the gov. tit"
Stop giving wel-fare to illegal immigrants, Stop the "anchor babies" DRUG TEST wel-fare recipients. And if you are healthy enough to work, require proof of active job hunting. Stop giving everybody with a headache or depression disability!
Correct our system and there wouldn't be such a need for assistance. But to cut it off for everyone - that is not the answer - should I have to starve to death or die due to no health care because I got shot through no fault of my own?
As for the gas - those of us who live in the snow belt NEED 4X4 SUVs & Trucks to navigate through the snow. My ex-wife has to drive to work 34 miles a day, when you raise the gas taxes you are not hurting the rich, you are killing the average $10.00 per hour working man/woman!!!
So! stop the drive and draw a check, ain't too complicated

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Beach, FL

#18 Jan 6, 2013
This is a very interesting thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Mickey402 149,922
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 45 min gladthelakeisback 32,303
A job that pays more than minimum wage. 57 min Needing work 1
Armstrong Affairs (Jan '16) 2 hr Rebecca 39
hillary or Trump and one reason why. 2 hr wormwood 70
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 12,588
~~*last post wins*~~ (Mar '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 15,262

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages