Mr.Moore Principal At Ferguson School
First Prev
of 307
Next Last
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6161 Jun 28, 2013
Another alum gone........... Douglas Alton Goff passed away on the evening of June 27, 2013 at LC Reg Hospital of multiple health problems. Doug was a Junior when Ferguson closed. He attended Burnside for his Senior year. RIP loved brother.
momo

Corbin, KY

#6162 Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know the date of the last passenger train service from Union Terminal in Cinn OH to Somerset?
Dale

Cub Run, KY

#6163 Aug 13, 2013
momo wrote:
Does anyone know the date of the last passenger train service from Union Terminal in Cinn OH to Somerset?
i remember riding the last one to stop in science hill.it was our class trip.cant remember the date though
In the Know

Cecilia, KY

#6164 Aug 31, 2014
If you didn't attend the Ferguson Homecoming, you missed something good and interesting. I got there late, but at least I got there. Picked up a couple of things I needed in the way of info about some older yearbooks, etc. Hope to get in touch with some other alums. Trying to access some copies of yearbooks that I don't yet have. I have picked up several, including a 1939 copy of the yearbook. That was the 1st year that Ferguson put out a yearbook. See you later.
Knowitall9

Somerset, KY

#6165 Sep 1, 2014
I hear you're gonna be a great uncle- Yo is gittin mighty old -
In the Know

Campbellsville, KY

#6166 Sep 1, 2014
News to me, but that's not unusual. I'm always bringing up the rear.
Knowitall9

Somerset, KY

#6167 Sep 3, 2014
In the Know wrote:
News to me, but that's not unusual. I'm always bringing up the rear.
Almost here and news to me too - Weun's not in the inner circle anymore , I guess -
Mike

Somerset, KY

#6168 Sep 4, 2014
Wow, what an interesting thread. I def. did NOT have time to read through the entire thing, but I guess I read through a good 100 pages or so of it. I'll try to get around to reading through the rest of it. I saw the Isaacs mentioned. Me and the youngest son, Matthew, were best friends from maybe 6th grade through our Junior or Sr. yr. in high school. I'm sad to say that me and him drifted apart just prior to me getting my first car (my god, we had SO many future plans as to what we were going to do once we could drive). We were the crazy assed kids that you saw running around Ferguson from 91 - 93 or so with the big tall mohawks. People thought that we were bad news, but we were about as harmless as they came. Unless I am WAY off base here as to who "knowitall9" truly Is? I'm pretty certain that me and Matthew & his oldest and youngest sons all hung around and got into some (incredibly harmless, so far as I am aware of), mischief back in the day. I still remember, there was a pay phone outside of what was once the pool hall in the same building as the post office (by this time, I think instead of a pool hall it was a church of some sort?- I remember one of the "preachers" or <something> there named Teddy - ring a bell Knowitall9?)...anyhow, to pull a prank on Knowitall9's oldest son, me and Matthew lined the ear piece of the pay phone with mustard! Then, we had someone call it when he was nearby, he answered and we proceeded to LOL for a good ten or fifteen minutes!!! My god, I miss those simple times. This was prior to driving. Walking to Campbell's store and buying their leftover doughnuts of the day for a buck or two. Hanging out at the pay phone by the old Quick Stop store/Post Office complex. Sitting atop that back steps at the Baptist church and just innocently talking about punk rock music and looking crazy! Again, we were SO innocent, but the older folks thought we were possibly "dangerous" (god knows, we were anything BUT "dangerous", haha).--- BTW, those same "punk rock bands" that we were SO into back then and whom were SO "underground" in the late 80's/very early 90's? I hear many of them on commercials nowadays. I just can't believe how time passes by and what is once considered shocking and "over-the-top"? 15 - 20 - 25 yrs. later? It assimilates itself into mainstream culture. So strange. BTW - my father was,(I think), a '67 graduate of Ferguson High School. His name is Jim. I looked at one of his yearbooks and he was voted "best looking" (along with a lovely lady named Judy Gorham....unfortunately? My father told me that Judy passed away many years ago from an asthma attack...I think that that is SO sad. She looked SO lovely in the picture of her and my dad). I've picked on my poor ole dad for years now for being the "best looking" in high school, HAHA! He has received HELL for that nomination from his only son (why couldn't *I* have been the "best looking" in MY high school senior year dammit!!!:))! It has been very interesting reading all of these posts (that I have thus far read) and going down memory lane!
Knowitall9

Somerset, KY

#6169 Sep 5, 2014
Mike wrote:
Wow, what an interesting thread. I def. did NOT have time to read through the entire thing, but I guess I read through a good 100 pages or so of it. I'll try to get around to reading through the rest of it. I saw the Isaacs mentioned. Me and the youngest son, Matthew, were best friends from maybe 6th grade through our Junior or Sr. yr. in high school. I'm sad to say that me and him drifted apart just prior to me getting my first car (my god, we had SO many future plans as to what we were going to do once we could drive). We were the crazy assed kids that you saw running around Ferguson from 91 - 93 or so with the big tall mohawks. People thought that we were bad news, but we were about as harmless as they came. Unless I am WAY off base here as to who "knowitall9" truly Is? I'm pretty certain that me and Matthew & his oldest and youngest sons all hung around and got into some (incredibly harmless, so far as I am aware of), mischief back in the day. I still remember, there was a pay phone outside of what was once the pool hall in the same building as the post office (by this time, I think instead of a pool hall it was a church of some sort?- I remember one of the "preachers" or <something> there named Teddy - ring a bell Knowitall9?)...anyhow, to pull a prank on Knowitall9's oldest son, me and Matthew lined the ear piece of the pay phone with mustard! Then, we had someone call it when he was nearby, he answered and we proceeded to LOL for a good ten or fifteen minutes!!! My god, I miss those simple times. This was prior to driving. Walking to Campbell's store and buying their leftover doughnuts of the day for a buck or two. Hanging out at the pay phone by the old Quick Stop store/Post Office complex. Sitting atop that back steps at the Baptist church and just innocently talking about punk rock music and looking crazy! Again, we were SO innocent, but the older folks thought we were possibly "dangerous" (god knows, we were anything BUT "dangerous", haha).--- BTW, those same "punk rock bands" that we were SO into back then and whom were SO "underground" in the late 80's/very early 90's? I hear many of them on commercials nowadays. I just can't believe how time passes by and what is once considered shocking and "over-the-top"? 15 - 20 - 25 yrs. later? It assimilates itself into mainstream culture. So strange. BTW - my father was,(I think), a '67 graduate of Ferguson High School. His name is Jim. I looked at one of his yearbooks and he was voted "best looking" (along with a lovely lady named Judy Gorham....unfortunately? My father told me that Judy passed away many years ago from an asthma attack...I think that that is SO sad. She looked SO lovely in the picture of her and my dad). I've picked on my poor ole dad for years now for being the "best looking" in high school, HAHA! He has received HELL for that nomination from his only son (why couldn't *I* have been the "best looking" in MY high school senior year dammit!!!:))! It has been very interesting reading all of these posts (that I have thus far read) and going down memory lane!
That would've been Teddy Brooks -Back then , Judy Gorham was Judy Hamm , now deceased -
Mike

Somerset, KY

#6170 Sep 6, 2014
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would've been Teddy Brooks -Back then , Judy Gorham was Judy Hamm , now deceased -
Yeah Teddy Brooks, that was it. That's sad about Judy. How are your sons doing these days?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6171 Sep 8, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Teddy Brooks, that was it. That's sad about Judy. How are your sons doing these days?
Youngest is a survivor , bad bike wreck , 21/2 years ago , doing great , big bucks , getting close to possible retirement , works for the gov't - Oldest is closer , gonna be a g-pa soon - I'm just gittin' old -
Mike

Somerset, KY

#6172 Sep 12, 2014
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Youngest is a survivor , bad bike wreck , 21/2 years ago , doing great , big bucks , getting close to possible retirement , works for the gov't - Oldest is closer , gonna be a g-pa soon - I'm just gittin' old -
Good to hear that they are doing well. Good that you're doing well too. Another question that you might know the answer to: Do you remember when/what year Pete and Ruby passed away? I used to go see them all the time and, like often happens, as I got older and my time became more constrained, I just sort of stopped going to see them. Wish I had made the time to do so now. Anyhow, I might have been living out of town at the time, but I honestly do not remember ever seeing their obituaries, so I got to wondering about that as I was thinking about old times....

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6173 Sep 15, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear that they are doing well. Good that you're doing well too. Another question that you might know the answer to: Do you remember when/what year Pete and Ruby passed away? I used to go see them all the time and, like often happens, as I got older and my time became more constrained, I just sort of stopped going to see them. Wish I had made the time to do so now. Anyhow, I might have been living out of town at the time, but I honestly do not remember ever seeing their obituaries, so I got to wondering about that as I was thinking about old times....
Ruby passed 1st , long ago , Pete remarried , to a great lady , then she also passed , then Pete also went on to the hereafter - He was the same old Pete to the very end , except he got lost very easily -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 307
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 149,522
adam stamper 23 min Truth 37
Federal Prison 26 min UncleSam 11
hillary or Trump and one reason why. 26 min wormwood 46
armstrong closing (Mar '12) 46 min Oh Well 80
PC Park 2 hr CCCS 30
anyone know mark vitoe 3 hr formercoworker 17

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages