Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6141 Jun 12, 2012
In The Know wrote:
Saw in the Commonwealth-Journal for June 10, 2012 that the Class of 1962 had a 50th reunion at Golden Corral on May 26th. Congrats y'all!! Attending were: Mary Lou (Johnson) Cheney; James 'Jimbo' Hughes; Lillie Mae (Redmond) Stevens; Reba (Phelps) Hatfield; Fred Stevens; Howard Hunt; Bert Minton; Judy Muse; J.P. Kennedy; Gerald Nicholas; Jim 'Pinky' Ferrell and Kenny Cowan. Part of the class but absent from the reunion were Mary Sue (Cox)Baker; Randall Wheat; Larry Norfleet and Pearl (Hardwick) Gearhart.
Randall Wheet was absent because he passed away about a year ago -
Hot Dog

Chicago, IL

#6142 Jul 18, 2012
Glasspac wrote:
I have a photo of Nancy when she was in high school. I paid Vernon Norris a dollar for it and have kept it in my Ferguson yearbook ever since. She was drop dead gorgeous in high school. Last time I saw her she looked like she could have been my daughter instead of a year or so older than me. She's still gorgeous.
Nancy was the prettiest girl at school. What amazes me, is the jealousy that still eats at some peoples gut about her. Haven't saw her in years but she must still be beautiful. otherwise there wouldn't be so much negativity toward her. Grow up crones, it's way past time,
Belt Fed Bob

Apo, AE

#6143 Sep 17, 2012
I Remember wrote:
<quoted text>Bert Young and his wife are regulars at the Harbor.My daughter is an employee there, but Bert didn't know who she was.Bert told her she looked just like a girl he had attended school with.When she asked the girls name and he said Nancy Atchley,she almost fell over.
From the things she says about him he hasn't changed an awfully lot.Christian told him about this thread,so maybe he is one of the posters.
Is Peaches still alive?
Does anyone have a Ferguson High School Yearbook?
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6144 Oct 1, 2012
Belt Fed Bob: Depends on what year of the yearbook you are looking for. I have several years scanned and on disk available. I don't want to put my email addy on here, but, if you know any of the home-coming organizers, they can probably refer you to me or tell you how to get my phone number. I am Cecil from Class of '61. I check in here every once in a while to see if anyone has dropped by.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6145 Oct 1, 2012
I got a '66 -
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6146 Oct 1, 2012
Hey KIA9, still hanging in there, I see.

As to the yearbooks, I have 1939 (the first one issued at Ferguson) and also,'52,'56,'57,'60,'61,'62,' 63,'66, and '68.

Would like to have access to some other years to scan and work out a trade or something.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6147 Oct 1, 2012
In The Know wrote:
Hey KIA9, still hanging in there, I see.
As to the yearbooks, I have 1939 (the first one issued at Ferguson) and also,'52,'56,'57,'60,'61,'62,' 63,'66, and '68.
Would like to have access to some other years to scan and work out a trade or something.
I'll trade you my '66 and throw in my maw in law for that Mustang - Even up -

Level 8

Location hidden

#6148 Oct 1, 2012
Btw , Big Malcolm has a picture of (maybe)?? a 3rd grade band at Ferguson - Iffen any body can scan it on to this or the school web site , give him a call -(Sorry , Malcolm , I just remembered , after 4 months)-
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6149 Oct 1, 2012
Don't know who Big Malcolm is, but there was indeed a 3rd grade "Rhythm Band". I know that, because I was the bass drum player. I have the photo also, as well as several snapshots of me in my band uniform. If you can remember it, give brother Doug a phone number and I will give Malcolm a call sometime. Getting ready to go to church (revival) really soon tonight, but sometime soon. I sent several other photos to the Ferguson web site but the emails were rejected. Someone said there was a Ferguson facebook page. Know anything about that?????????

We don't either one have enough money to buy that 1965 Mustang ragtop. Gave it to #1 son awhile back.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6150 Oct 2, 2012
In The Know wrote:
Don't know who Big Malcolm is, but there was indeed a 3rd grade "Rhythm Band". I know that, because I was the bass drum player. I have the photo also, as well as several snapshots of me in my band uniform. If you can remember it, give brother Doug a phone number and I will give Malcolm a call sometime. Getting ready to go to church (revival) really soon tonight, but sometime soon. I sent several other photos to the Ferguson web site but the emails were rejected. Someone said there was a Ferguson facebook page. Know anything about that?????????
We don't either one have enough money to buy that 1965 Mustang ragtop. Gave it to #1 son awhile back.
# 1 son need a # 2 maw in law ??-
CoachO

Princeton, IN

#6151 Oct 5, 2012
In The Know : Your emails were rejected??? Send them again. Send them to Omlordw@aol.com. As far as I know, the email address is working fine. We receive emails all the time, some of which include photos, which we post.

By the way, I still have the 1966 Mustang ragtop I had at Ferguson. It still runs fine at 363,000 miles.
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6152 Oct 5, 2012
Coach: Glad to see your message. Rather busy today, but maybe early next week I can get some of the things together that KIA9 and I were discussing. I have found several of the older photos that I had been searching for when you and I first were discussing this stuff. Will be glad to get it out there so others can enjoy it.
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6153 Oct 19, 2012
For those who are still following this thread, I am sorry to say that we have lost another Ferguson alum.
James Russell Nelson, Grad of 1960 has passed.
Rest in peace James.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6154 Oct 19, 2012
In The Know wrote:
For those who are still following this thread, I am sorry to say that we have lost another Ferguson alum.
James Russell Nelson, Grad of 1960 has passed.
Rest in peace James.
Frankie's brother ?-
InThe Know

Somerset, KY

#6155 Oct 20, 2012
Yes. I had forgotten Frankie. He was much younger than I was.

James and family lived in the big 2-story white house just south of the "gym entrance" of the school.
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6156 Nov 16, 2012
KIA9: I am sorry for your loss. Ferguson alums are leaving all too quickly. Cec

Level 8

Location hidden

#6157 Nov 17, 2012
In The Know wrote:
KIA9: I am sorry for your loss. Ferguson alums are leaving all too quickly. Cec
Thanx - 2 gone -
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6158 Mar 23, 2013
Anyone still checking in on this site???????

I have yearbooks on DVDs if anyone is interested. I have 1939 (the first one issued at Ferguson) and also,'52,'56,'57,'60,'61,'62,' 63,'66, and '68.

I also have a DVD of a Ferguson reunion basketball game and a home movie from the 1961 Senior Trip to Daytona, FL on DVD.

If anyone would like a copy, get in touch w/me through this site. Mostly just want to recover postage and other costs, not make money off them.
In The Know

Somerset, KY

#6159 Jun 14, 2013
Does anyone know who maintains the records where everyone who attends the reunions signs the book each year at the old school grounds?

Level 8

Location hidden

#6160 Jun 14, 2013
Maybe one of the park board members - Iffen I see one of them shortly , I'll ask -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Chaos of Madness 135,027
Signs; that your Neighbor is a Drug Dealer ? (Feb '09) 3 hr Arianak 133
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 hr Hatti_Hollerand 25,004
wondering indictments 8 hr wondering 1
Poll What is Obama? 8 hr Ex-Democrat for M... 80
Total Wireless 8 hr CellPhone 1
Review: Best Choice Supply 8 hr Happy happy 1
new judge steve kelly Wed Buddah 88
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE