Mr.Moore Principal At Ferguson School
Blondie9

London, KY

#4108 Jan 7, 2009
Ferguson Proud wrote:
MMM, Atchley, Jones, mmmm Spencer I think ran across Murphy as well....I need to drive down to Ferguson and try and remember who lived in which houses. Did Tucker's live on Spencer or was their house actually on Murphy? MMM. You got me thinking.
Their house was facing murphy but seems like they lived on the corner of another street that come down beside their house.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4109 Jan 7, 2009
I Remember wrote:
<quoted text>Hometown Girl:
It is always good to hear, that even though some may not post as regularly as others, that this thread is viewed and enjoyed by many.Please join us in what you do remember.
Note - when you become addicted , please seek admission to the Topix addicts site - I , for one , am now a T.U.R.D.- and a proud sponsor of C.R.A.P.-
Blondie9

London, KY

#4110 Jan 7, 2009
Ferguson Proud wrote:
You don't want to know who I am...I am a nobody...not even worth wasting your time on. But I will give you one more clue...I am divorced with grown kids.
I no you said you were a male Would you be LD?
Coach O

Lexington, KY

#4111 Jan 7, 2009
QVC :
I didn't mean I would try to whip them back into shape at their current ages. I meant, if we could use a time machine and bring that same group forward to today, practicing and playing with the same intensity they had back in 1966, they would be much more successful, because the quality of play by everybody else has deteriorated. The quality of coaching has declined, too. You don't have the Denton Pings (Eubank), Doug Hineses (Somerset), Bill Mauneys (PC), Ben Fitzgeralds (Burnside), Danny Trents (Pine Knot), and Allen Feldhauses (Russell County). Those guys were crafty foxes, designing offenses and defenses to exploit weaknesses in the opponents. Coaching back then was like a chess match, a battle of wits. It was also a matter of creating talent, taking what you had and developing it. Today, coaches still work hard, but they work hard at finding talent and, often, recruiting it. They work hard at keeping egos in line, keeping kids eligible and out of disciplinary trouble, dealing with parents. Back in the sixties coaches spent our efforts developing potential and tinkering with offenses and defenses.
I Remember

London, KY

#4112 Jan 7, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>He is now employed in Lex.- Southland Dr .- Guess he needs the money - Was going to Lex. today , but mommy got called in to work - Benefits of being the Boss -
Yeah - OK - he needs money like we need another bank in Somerset.What has he done with his house? Did he get a divorce? None of his property was in his name until after his mother died.Which was just a couple of months ago.He now owns a vast amount of property all over Pulaski Co.He has remained very close friends with a former wife who lives in Science Hill.Upon her demise all her property goes to him.There are some people, who come out smelling like a rose, no matter what they do.Our friend is one of those people.{ Good Karma }
I Remember

London, KY

#4113 Jan 7, 2009
Blondie9 wrote:
<quoted text>Their house was facing murphy but seems like they lived on the corner of another street that come down beside their house.
The Tuckers house did face "Murphy" the side road was " Spencer"
Blondie9

London, KY

#4114 Jan 7, 2009
Ferguson Proud wrote:
Who remembers the Jimbo's, there was Jimbo Rutherford and Jimbo Hughes. I talked to them from time to time, I seen Jimbo Hughes in WalMart a while back. I used to see Jim Rutherford walking at Rocky Hollow....my goodness for an old guy he can walk fast, very fast.
When Jim Rutherford had his car lot on Murphy we used to sneak down and put a sign over his that said Rutherford's used junk. All the Tecumseh and Crane workers got a great laugh out of that.
I remember Jimbo Hughes also Jimbo Rutherford.Why can i not remember any of the girls.
redfox

London, KY

#4115 Jan 7, 2009
what ever happened to Eddie Tucker. always thought Margaret was stuck up
Blondie9

London, KY

#4116 Jan 7, 2009
Blondie9 wrote:
<quoted text>I no you said you were a male Would you be LD?
No i don't think FERGUSON PROUD is LD. after i've been thinking about it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4117 Jan 7, 2009
Anybody recall when----when -- what ?- dang memory - sorry - forgot - getting old , again -
I Remember

London, KY

#4118 Jan 7, 2009
redfox wrote:
what ever happened to Eddie Tucker. always thought Margaret was stuck up
RedFox:
Eddie lives in Louisville, to the best of my knowledge he doesn't come to Somerset often.Now that both his parents are deceased he probably has no reason to return.If you knew Margaret,did you know me too?
Coach O

Lexington, KY

#4119 Jan 7, 2009
Nancy and I need your help once again. Please go to her website, go to Photos, scroll down to the bottom and notice the pictures of the school board, yearbook staff and cheerleaders. The xxxs are people we need identified. Your help is appreciated.
redfox

London, KY

#4120 Jan 7, 2009
I knew all the Tucker family but i didn't know you. I use to see Margaret at Brithaven a lot until she left.
redfox

London, KY

#4121 Jan 7, 2009
The first board member standing could be Dudley Yahning
scarlett ohara

Somerset, KY

#4122 Jan 7, 2009
redfox wrote:
The first board member standing could be Dudley Yahning
second on back row is Jerry Muse and third is John Thomas Burton.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4123 Jan 7, 2009
scarlett ohara wrote:
<quoted text>second on back row is Jerry Muse and third is John Thomas Burton.
ain't got my book infront of me but - Higgins-John Minton - Bill Sewell - John Burton -Jerry Muse - Dudley Yahnig -
scarlett ohara

Somerset, KY

#4124 Jan 7, 2009
scarlett ohara wrote:
<quoted text>second on back row is Jerry Muse and third is John Thomas Burton.
after that picture is coach ?, next picture is standing: margaret t., brenda new?xx,karen? then to the 65-66 year book;
5th from left is cecil phelps, lawrence abbott, pauline waddle. the jv cheerleaders are:jw,?, patty duncan, phyllis jennings, doretta miller;?
How did I do?

Level 8

Location hidden

#4125 Jan 7, 2009
scarlett ohara wrote:
<quoted text>after that picture is coach ?, next picture is standing: margaret t., brenda new?xx,karen? then to the 65-66 year book;
5th from left is cecil phelps, lawrence abbott, pauline waddle. the jv cheerleaders are:jw,?, patty duncan, phyllis jennings, doretta miller;?
How did I do?
Kathy - Patty didn't cheerlead -
lucky ferguson graduate

London, KY

#4126 Jan 7, 2009
I have been reading this since it started and I hope that we can continue this and not get any feelings hurt It has been a joy to me to read and remember old times at Ferguson School. I went there through the 12 grade and wouldn't change a single thing. Keep the good posts going
scarlett ohara

Somerset, KY

#4127 Jan 7, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Kathy - Patty didn't cheerlead -
MY BAD!!!WHAT ABOUT THE REST?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min usa 158,124
Keep Ashley judd out of ky 2 hr guest 2
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 3 hr Ricky F 34,760
Jennifer Neal 10 hr Tammy 1
Anyone have a dryer? On layoff have children a... 12 hr Lordsblessings 4
haunted houses (Jun '08) 13 hr Casper 97
Best Guitarists In Somerset (Aug '08) 14 hr Paul 209

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance