grand central apartments

grand central apartments

Posted in the Somerset Forum

Level 1

Since: May 12

Liberty, KY

#1 May 7, 2012
PROS & CONS ABOUT GRAND CENTRAL APARTMENTS BEHIND KROGER... THEY USE TO BE ALL DRAMA & DRUGS... HOW ARE THEY NOW?

& I heard they were "remodeling".
i know

Somerset, KY

#2 May 7, 2012
proudmommy2011of2 wrote:
PROS & CONS ABOUT GRAND CENTRAL APARTMENTS BEHIND KROGER... THEY USE TO BE ALL DRAMA & DRUGS... HOW ARE THEY NOW?

& I heard they were "remodeling".
They are still somewhat drama, but they have new owners now so they are changing things alot, remodeling and evicting which is a great thing

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

London, KY

#3 May 7, 2012
Lived here in 2006. Full of grossness. Only good thing was rent based on income. I lived in a townhouse that I liked but the landlord never took care of problems. Lots of drugs around too.

Good luck :)
proudmommy

Liberty, KY

#4 May 7, 2012
Thanks! I know the previous owners would close the pool 24/7 over people not obeying his rules. Keeping option open but still worry about the drugs in that area. An rent will now be 450 due to remodeling.
i know

Somerset, KY

#5 May 8, 2012
Rent is definitely not based on income, it is $450.00 for two bedrooms and there are pet deposits. And there are alot if rules there but that is for the best and they are getting rid of the riff raff currently.
proudmommy

Liberty, KY

#6 May 8, 2012
Do you still live there? Have they cleared the druggies out yet?
Anonymous

Somerset, KY

#7 Sep 7, 2012
Could sum1 plz tell me..do they charge a deposit or how does that work at grand central...im desperate right now i dont hve a lot of money pretty much paycheckto paycheck.....i need to move somewhere besides where im at..thank you

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

Hazard, KY

#8 Sep 8, 2012
paperchaser99 wrote:
Could sum1 plz tell me..do they charge a deposit or how does that work at grand central...im desperate right now i dont hve a lot of money pretty much paycheckto paycheck.....i need to move somewhere besides where im at..thank you
Yes they do. Around the same ad rent. Just call and talk to them. They're nice.
Anonymous

Somerset, KY

#9 Sep 8, 2012
Judge-Me-Not wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. Around the same ad rent. Just call and talk to them. They're nice.
Ok thank you so much..
dear girl

Murray, KY

#10 Sep 8, 2012
paperchaser99 wrote:
your only 19 and i know that your mad because your parents are charging you rent but you cant afford to live on your own yet. i know i am going out on a limb but i would say that they are buying your food and paying for the internet your on right now to. your not unlike every other young adult out here who thinks its easier on the outside but your not gonna make it on your own yet. i also get the impression that your working in a restaurant or some other minimum wage job. you need to stay at your parents house for now and get a college education while you can do it. a life out side of there house is not going to be any easier and you are going to waste money to move only to find out that you will get kicked out in just a few months cause you cant pay rent for an apartment along with ever thing else that comes with it. you will have to buy your own food, insurance on your car, gasoline to go to work, pay for the water and electric, and if you want cable you will have to pay for that to. its not going to be any easier if you move out. i would also imagine that your parents still have insurance on you, so if you are planning to move out and get put on a check and stamps then you are already on the wrong road. you are only going to throw away what money you already have saved if you move out right now honey. trust me cause we have all been there. what you need to do if you dont want to go to college is get a second job and save ever penny you can and then move in about a year. i dont mean to sound rude but life is what it is and its not easy out here. i feel bad for you i really do cause i remember what its like and i sure would like to be able to live back at home where my parents paid for ever thing else. i would gladly give them half of mycheck so all these troubles wouldnt be on my mind. its so hard to get by out in the real world. dont try to grow up so fast and dont be mad because your parents are trying to show you that its a dog eat dog world. keep on working and please try to think about going to college so you can get a really good job. there are so many grants that you can apply for here for your education. then you wont ever have to depend on any body else.
caution

Harrison, AR

#11 Sep 11, 2012
paperchaser99 wrote:
Do not recommend Grand Central apts. They will tell you anything to get you to sign a lease. Be very sure to read the lease and don't take anything said for facts get everything in writing. The remodeling isn't much they are very run down for what they ask. Look elsewhere in my opinion that's what I did there is no way I would sign there lease after reading it. The rent is way to high for what they are you could definitely find better for the price.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#14 Mar 13, 2013
Extreme Caution wrote:
A lot of druggies around, I wouldn't live there.
NO there are no longer alot of druggies around! RUMORS are what you are spreading! From my understanding at one time there were lots of druggies here but times and things change! The SLANDER needs to stop immediately!
Extreme Caution

London, KY

#15 Mar 13, 2013
Did I say around GC apts? I just said around... Around the community, around the city, around county, around the state, around the country, around the world... Don't misconstrue my statement please..

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Mar 13, 2013
Extreme Caution wrote:
Did I say around GC apts? I just said around... Around the community, around the city, around county, around the state, around the country, around the world... Don't misconstrue my statement please..
you said "I wouldn't live there" so I did NOT misconstrue it. Just be careful what you say....
Citizen

London, KY

#17 Mar 13, 2013
It's not slander by saying they wouldn't live there. That's an opinion. Heck, I wouldn't live in Antarctica. Oh no, I hope I didn't slander Antarctica.

Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Mar 13, 2013
Citizen wrote:
It's not slander by saying they wouldn't live there. That's an opinion. Heck, I wouldn't live in Antarctica. Oh no, I hope I didn't slander Antarctica.
The slander is talking about nothing but drugs being here and what not....I know slander is not about opinion. I am just saying that people need to be careful what they say about people/and or places if it is not fact because there are laws in place to protect those who are being faced with "rumors" etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,636
I need help with Government service question ASAP 58 min Thelma 5
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Ricky F 37,199
The men in this forum are cowards! 2 hr Thy LORD 8
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 13,730
Kingsford 6 hr Union man 66
Lift Inc. pros and cons 6 hr curious 1

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages