Wildcat liquor & Apples high prices

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lexbound

Gray, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2013
I hope they enjoy the crazy mark up on liquor while they can. When Liquor World comes to Somerset Ill never go to Wildcat or Apples again. Im actually proud of our city counsel for fighting to get liquor world to be able to come to Somerset. Every bottle i looked at had a 3 to 10 dollar mark up. yes 10$!!! Knob creek single barrel $35 all day in Richmond or Lexington.$45 at apples. Wildcat is the same way. Ill continue to drive to Richmond or Lexington before I give these crooks a dime of my money.
Greed

Somerset, KY

#2 Apr 7, 2013
Lots of folks in this area keep saying we should support local business men over "outsiders." Well, this is a great example of just how some local Mom & Pop stores will take advantage of their neighbors. I too will continue to buy up north until one of those dreaded "outsiders" brings fair and honest prices to Somerset.
no way

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2013
I would gladly support local businesses if they were actually doing something in Somerset/Pulaski County to improve the quality of life of its citizens. All alcohol has done for this area is increase the ease of access to an already poor population. Make jobs that pay more than just enough to cover the basic bills. Somerset will soon just become a row of Bars, liquor stores, car lots and second hand stores.
Although turning the Mall in to nothing but different bars with a 24 hour day care would sure bring in the customers bar hop inside out of the weather and get a babysitter to boot. Maybe include classes in how to make a safe meth lab. That should bring them in by the hundreds.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#4 Apr 7, 2013
no way wrote:
I would gladly support local businesses if they were actually doing something in Somerset/Pulaski County to improve the quality of life of its citizens. All alcohol has done for this area is increase the ease of access to an already poor population. Make jobs that pay more than just enough to cover the basic bills. Somerset will soon just become a row of Bars, liquor stores, car lots and second hand stores.
Although turning the Mall in to nothing but different bars with a 24 hour day care would sure bring in the customers bar hop inside out of the weather and get a babysitter to boot. Maybe include classes in how to make a safe meth lab. That should bring them in by the hundreds.
Did you bump your head?An adult person can make their own choices.Get off your high horse.Alcohol is legal,meth is a killer.Apples and strawberries.Jesus drank,and smoked dope.Cool dude.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#5 Apr 7, 2013
lexbound wrote:
I hope they enjoy the crazy mark up on liquor while they can. When Liquor World comes to Somerset Ill never go to Wildcat or Apples again. Im actually proud of our city counsel for fighting to get liquor world to be able to come to Somerset. Every bottle i looked at had a 3 to 10 dollar mark up. yes 10$!!! Knob creek single barrel $35 all day in Richmond or Lexington.$45 at apples. Wildcat is the same way. Ill continue to drive to Richmond or Lexington before I give these crooks a dime of my money.
You are right,they are high.I'll buy beer,and lime-a-Rita's in somerset,but for liquor.I will go to Danville,to the liquor barn.Cheaper booze,and the gas is 15 cents cheaper.So the price makes up for the trip.The wine my wife buys is $.69 cheaper at liquor barn,plus 10% discount per case.In Somerset only 5% discount.
I do like my "Knob Creek"single barrel 120 proof.In Somerset their Crown Royal Runs almost $8.00 higher.Whwn the prices come down,we will buy locally.
Some people are use to buying from a bootlegger.I would never pay those kinds of prices,just me.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 7, 2013
So many choices , taxes & car tags or beer & booze ??- Whattodo ?-
no way

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>Did you bump your head?An adult person can make their own choices.Get off your high horse.Alcohol is legal,meth is a killer.Apples and strawberries.Jesus drank,and smoked dope.Cool dude.
I never said anything about adults making choices. Although the Adult part is lacking in todays society. As for Jesus Please don't refer your comments to myth that just makes you look like one more of the brainwashed masses who believes in the invisible man in the sky but can't believe a wet paint sign and has to touch the wall. Alcohol should be illegal it. Kills and if weed were legal there would be no need of any other drug. Alcohol abuse leads to meth.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#8 Apr 8, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about adults making choices. Although the Adult part is lacking in todays society. As for Jesus Please don't refer your comments to myth that just makes you look like one more of the brainwashed masses who believes in the invisible man in the sky but can't believe a wet paint sign and has to touch the wall. Alcohol should be illegal it. Kills and if weed were legal there would be no need of any other drug. Alcohol abuse leads to meth.
Actually god was an astronaut.
Alcohol leads to meth,never heard that one before.Where did you get that,on one of your meth trips.
mother

United States

#9 Apr 8, 2013
gomer-ez wrote:
<quoted text>Actually god was an astronaut.
Alcohol leads to meth,never heard that one before.Where did you get that,on one of your meth trips.
I have never even seen meth other than pictures but see its effects daily. Check meth statistics no one started with meth all drank alcohol first. I personally would never put meth in my body although by chance if you believe me to be having a meth trip you must know what one is.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#10 Apr 8, 2013
mother wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never even seen meth other than pictures but see its effects daily. Check meth statistics no one started with meth all drank alcohol first. I personally would never put meth in my body although by chance if you believe me to be having a meth trip you must know what one is.
I have never seen the stuff,do not know anyone who uses,or has used.That I know of.
Oh by the way ,most of my post are dripping with sarcasm. Sorry if I got your blood pumping.
gomer-ez

London, KY

#11 Apr 8, 2013
mother wrote:
<quoted text>
By your logic,milk is a gateway to alochol.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12 Apr 8, 2013
Milk & whiskey dang near killed me -
jesus

Gray, KY

#13 Apr 8, 2013
way to stay on topic. Everyone has a vice. For Some its alcohol others meth...food...cars...sex....ev en religion. but ya, im not paying these liquor prices. I hope apples and wildcat go out of business when liquor world opens. They deserve it for ripping people off.
Old

Racine, OH

#14 Apr 8, 2013
And when will liquor World open? How many years will that take in red tape? Or with Burnside going wet will they apply there and build on the border of Somerset and Burnside?
gomer-ez

London, KY

#15 Apr 8, 2013
jesus wrote:
way to stay on topic. Everyone has a vice. For Some its alcohol others meth...food...cars...sex....ev en religion. but ya, im not paying these liquor prices. I hope apples and wildcat go out of business when liquor world opens. They deserve it for ripping people off.
I do not hope they go out of business,but I would like for them to be competitive.

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 8, 2013
I have been to both Apple's and Wildcat and I would say their prices on most things are pretty close or right on par with stores in Richmond, Lexington, and Lancaster. I've noticed a couple $3 or $4 discrepancies but for the most part, they have been pretty competitive. If you consider the time it takes to drive to those other places, not to mention the gas it takes to get there, I don't think you're going to be saving any money. Some people are just complainers, that's all they'll ever be, and they'll never be satisfied no matter what you do. So I will be shopping right here in Somerset, you can drive north if you want to, to each his own I guess......
Driver

Somerset, KY

#17 Apr 8, 2013
I think that they are counting on folks like you. Just as the gas stations here do. We don't need liquor in our house as much as most folks so we will probably still get ours when we make our monthly trip north to shop. At least until they bring their prices in line. I feel no need at all to support local.
pore old rodney king

Jamestown, KY

#18 Apr 8, 2013
It might be good, too, if you choose to leave your tax money in another town, to use their police and sheriff protection here, since these taxes paid here will help fund these things here.

I'm willing, if need be, to pay a little more here to help keep that part of the economy solvent.
Meatcat

London, KY

#19 Apr 8, 2013
mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Check meth statistics no one started with meth all drank alcohol first.
Also, no one started drinking alcohol first, they started with milk. Damn you gateway beverage milk!
Old

Racine, OH

#20 Apr 9, 2013
Knowitall9 wrote:
Milk & whiskey dang near killed me -
How do you mix them without getting the milk to curdle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min usa 151,622
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr gladthelakeisback 32,702
is boney ingram Bo cooks real Dad 9 hr willie 9
Mona 9 hr wiffle 1
How to get 100% PTSD Disability (May '12) 10 hr joan 101st 151
Steve Crabtree to run against Eddie Girdler and... (Jan '14) 10 hr Hawaiian Tropic 48
Need Work? We Want You, wait you're not a frie... 11 hr Hawaiian Tropic 7

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages