Mama's Porch BBQ
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BBQ fan

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 5, 2009
We just came back from eating there for our first time.

Mama's Porch is hands down the best BBQ in town.
The best slaw and the best potato salad too.

I've eaten the BBQ from Georgia and Alabama but I've never had any better sauces than right down in Bronston.

When you cross the bridge there going to Bronston start looking to the left for the BBQ sign on the roof. It's back off the road alittle but you'll see it.

I heard about them here on topix and told them I'd give them a good word on here myself.

Go check them out and then get the word out. I'd hate to lose a restaurant this good.

observer1

Harrogate, TN

#2 Dec 5, 2009
Love that sauce running down my shirt. YUM!!! Gimme some BBQ
needs to know

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Dec 5, 2009
What was the cost per person
Oh yeah

Ashburn, VA

#4 Dec 5, 2009
$7.00 a tray. Thats right, a tray not a plate. That included the drink.

We had pulled pork, cole slaw, potato salad, dinner roll and drink. All in good portions. Left full. The bourbon bbq sauce was excellent.
carsalesman

London, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2009
prices are any meat 4.00 regular size,5.00 large. sides and drink 1.00 each. yum yum
knight in white satin

Brownsville, TN

#6 Dec 5, 2009
By far the best BBQ within atleast a 5 hour drive. Better than anything in Owensboro. Sad thing is the majority here likes,"fried tators, fried ckicken,fried whatever else." It is truly a shame people can't appreciate great food around here. Peeps here will unload their wallets at Sonny's, Golden Corral etc, let alone other places in town for VERY inferior food. I Feel for Momma's Porch. If you were in Louisville, Knoxville, etc. you would thrive!! People here won't stray from where Grandpa ate. No doubt Momma's Porch best place to eat around here by far. If you eat at Sonny's you better try Momma's Porch. NO COMPARISON! You won't be disappointed.
boonieb

East Bernstadt, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2009
I have yet to figure what people are calling BBQ around here??....seems they get some smoked meat, and splash a little bbq sauce on it, and call it a bbq??
They also do this out in the western part of this state, but I've never, in my lifetime, heard it being done in this area, and I am 58 years old.
The only way to 'bbq' is slow cook the smoked or other meat IN the sauce for a while, whether on a grill or in a cooker!
Then the meat has absorbed the flavor it needs to be called bbq'd.
It's no wonder most places close before they open.
But it takes all kinds, and not all have same tastes, huh?
I think Johnny B's was the best so far...too bad they closed.
dude

Ashburn, VA

#8 Dec 8, 2009
boonieb wrote:
I have yet to figure what people are calling BBQ around here??....seems they get some smoked meat, and splash a little bbq sauce on it, and call it a bbq??
They also do this out in the western part of this state, but I've never, in my lifetime, heard it being done in this area, and I am 58 years old.
The only way to 'bbq' is slow cook the smoked or other meat IN the sauce for a while, whether on a grill or in a cooker!

Check this place out in Bronston. We went down today and if I get the chance will go again tomorrow.
whos is it

Louisville, KY

#9 Dec 8, 2009
who owns this place?

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 8, 2009
boonieb wrote:
Johnny B's still around - Oven's hooked up and resting - Don't know what he's doing since retirement - I drive past the machine at least once a month and start licking my lips -
FATMANS AND THE PORCH

Manchester, KY

#11 Dec 8, 2009
TRY FATMAN'S WAS THERE TODAY AWESOME , WE LIKE THE PORCH TO , BUT FATMAN'S IS SLOW HICKORY SMOKED OUTDOORS AND REALLY GOOD , GREAT SAUCE TOO . THEY ARE BEHIND THE BP GAS STATION IN BURNSIDE .
BBQ DONE RIGHT . BOTH GREAT BBQ SHOPS .
Sorry Fatmans

Kittanning, PA

#12 Dec 9, 2009
I have had mamas and fatmans multiple times. I didnt think anyone in their right mind would like fatmans better. But Mamas is slow hickory smoked too just they built theyre own indoor smokers.
HungryMAN

London, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2009
What is the price for the all you can eat thing at Momma's now? It was $10 a person and included your drink back in the early spring-summer but I heard it went up. I was thinking of heading that way this weekend but was curious if the prices went up.( I will make the old lady stay home if they did lol)

Thanks!
Crystal

Somerset, KY

#14 Dec 11, 2009
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Momma's Porch BBQ, and the price is perfect for me and my family on a tight budget!$8 a person and that's for your choice of pork or ribs, two sides a roll and a drink! I ate there when I moved to Bronston early Summer this year and I've been back numerous times and don't plan on moving any time soon, I'm close enough to walk if I had to and I would it's soooo good! I recommend it to ANYONE who likes BBQ, and it definetly has Sonny's beat hands down, and that used to be my fave place in Somerset to eat BBQ! You gotta check it out!!! Great place, and great people! If you haven't been yet, GO!!!!
BBQ fanatic

Somerset, KY

#15 Dec 11, 2009
If you like Sonny's don't waste another dime there. The BBQ at Mama's is far superior for a better price. In these hard times we should focus more on our locally owed restraunts instead of franchises like Sonny's. It's going to be up to us to keep Somerset's economy alive. Please support our family owned businesses instead of some corporate CEO in New York.
F Sonnys

Somerset, KY

#16 Dec 11, 2009
I worked at sonnys and they bake their meet for 6 hours then only smoke it for 1. Its the mcdonalds of bbq
yummy

Liberty, KY

#17 Dec 15, 2009
i ate there and loved it. everything was yummy. the potato salad and coleslaw were excellent as well. im craving some right now as i write.
Ashlee

Brownsville, TN

#18 Dec 15, 2009
Does anyone know the hours they're open or what their phone number is? Thanks!
bbq ninja

Harrison, AR

#19 Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the great comments. Hours are 11 to 7 through the week,11 to 9 fri and sat. 11 to 3 sunday
DAV

Stanford, KY

#22 Dec 16, 2009
DELILAH wrote:
Where is this place at???Is the ribs good?
Ward says they're good. He'll take you there sometime if you'd like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Wisdom of God 170,584
zionism = racism (Jun '09) 22 min USS LIBERTY 43
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 36 min Gunslinger45 13,903
Psychy mikey chandler at prairie farm 1 hr He steals 1
Jonathan Ridner 1 hr He steals 23
Jonathan Ridner 1 hr He steals 1
whang John whang 2 hr Jimmy whang 5

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages