missing my tribe

Whitley City, KY

#108 Jun 26, 2009
Is there anyone legit out there who does ceremonly locally? I want to be involved in something real again
Anonymous

United States

#109 Jun 27, 2009
I am in KY. My father & his mother's side were of Cherokee blood, from the Scott County, TN area. I, too, long to find a true tribal people to belong to.
wolf clan wrote:
Anonymous,
Are you located in Ky, or Ohio. What town.
Anonymous

United States

#110 Jun 27, 2009
missing my tribe wrote:
I had the "pleasure" of meeting this man- I was of all places at the Dr's office. I was blessed to have been allowed to participate in ceremony with native cherokees on the res in NC it was a beautiful. I am not sure if I can claim bloodline or not but I am a true believer and fully respect the Red Road. This was the one spiritual belief that I could truly understand. I miss it See I have moved away from my family and don't get to see them to pray in ceremony with them anylonger. Well upon meeting this Perkins person I was invited to come to his place but Tunkashila was taking care of me even in being so lonely for my people I knew the things he was saying were BS. I still long to find somewhere to belong the pipe and prayers are in my heart and the will not go away but it is a lost place with no family.
The "Perkins" person you met at a doctor's office must be another Cherokee "wannabe." He's not the same Jerry Edwards (supposed Uku Yona) that's been discussed here. So, now, there are TWO Indian wannabees being discussed here.
missing my tribe

Jenkins, KY

#111 Jun 27, 2009
how do you know it was not the same man? He introduced himself as jerry edwards, he spoke of being a cherokee chief locally he stated he lived in b-side and that he was of the bear tribe. the funny thing was though when I made specific reference to certain beliefs or talked of different ideas on the red road he would quickly change the subject by trying to hit on me and tried to make me question myself and my teachings
Anonymous

United States

#113 Jun 28, 2009
Can you tell me what this man looked like? Was he a very round man with gray hair in a short ponytail?

Or, was he of average height and build, with really long wavy hair in a ponty tail, maybe wearing a straw hat?
missing my tribe wrote:
how do you know it was not the same man? He introduced himself as jerry edwards, he spoke of being a cherokee chief locally he stated he lived in b-side and that he was of the bear tribe. the funny thing was though when I made specific reference to certain beliefs or talked of different ideas on the red road he would quickly change the subject by trying to hit on me and tried to make me question myself and my teachings
lol

Middlesboro, KY

#114 Jun 28, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
But, you called him "Perkins." If it's the same man, his name is not Perkins; it is Jerry Ray Edwards, of Burnside,kY, also known as Uku Yona (or Yonv). I don't know of a Perkins. However, what you say about the conversation that went on between the two of you sounds SO LIKE YONA!!!!!
I will say this, bewareof him. He is major deceitful!!!!!!
<quoted text>
his name is jerry perkins ,he talk to my husband yester at the shell station in burnside,and hetold us PERKINS because we know him from greenwood
wolf clan

Oakland, CA

#115 Jun 28, 2009
Know it all, The Blue people in Eastern Ky are The Fuggets. Search the web The Blue Fugates, Fuggets of Ky. Although there are more.
wolf clan

Oakland, CA

#116 Jun 28, 2009
Anonymous,

What town in Ky.I'm asking these questions because My roots also come from around Scott Co.
Anonymous

United States

#117 Jun 29, 2009
It shows on here some other city/state next to my name because I haven't signed up on here. I do this for privacy and protection.
I currently live near Somerset, in Wayne County. My father's grandparents, from Oneida, Tennessee (Scott County), had the last names of Slaven and Boyatt. The Slaven's were of Cherokee heritage.
wolf clan wrote:
Anonymous,
What town in Ky.I'm asking these questions because My roots also come from around Scott Co.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#118 Jun 29, 2009
wolf clan wrote:
Know it all, The Blue people in Eastern Ky are The Fuggets. Search the web The Blue Fugates, Fuggets of Ky. Although there are more.
Thanx , I've heard that from a very good friend and Brother from Hazard , that , back in the day , those with money were "Fugates" , and the more common , broke relatives were "Fuggets" -The "Blues" and the Melungeons are intertwined thru blood and marriage - Myself , being a convuluted mixture of Black Irish , common white , Native American , Native African American , Hard earned oneriness , Republican,(time being), and being sometimes called "not too handsome" ,(butt ugly), any family reunion that I would sponsor would surely be most interesting - Peace -
missing my tribe

Jenkins, KY

#119 Jun 29, 2009
he went by both names so he said he introduced himselp by one name and they called him another-- he was quite round and I do believe he had a ponytail he also spoke of riding motor cycles. he was a very creepy man who kept trying to touch me(which I wouldn't allow) and told me his wife didn't mind that she was very 'understanding'
Anonymous

United States

#120 Jun 29, 2009
To "Missing My Tribe" and to "Wolf Clan:"

If you DO find some good people to belong to, I would sure love to know. I read about The Ambers Village -- just north of Science Hill, KY, on Route 27. Perhaps they are where we should be looking???

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#121 Jun 29, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
To "Missing My Tribe" and to "Wolf Clan:"
If you DO find some good people to belong to, I would sure love to know. I read about The Ambers Village -- just north of Science Hill, KY, on Route 27. Perhaps they are where we should be looking???
That's a good place to buy stuff - Don't believe I would go there searching for inner peace , light , or a path to follow to better understand the ways of the elders - Curios wont guide you to the other side -(IMO)

Level 2

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#122 Jun 29, 2009
I know nothing about the village but their is a group that meets there. They are called Four Feathers Native American Descendants Tribe. I know nothing about them either but here is a link with more info if you wish.
http://www.walkswithhawksherbs.org/FourFeathe...
wolf clan

Oakland, CA

#123 Jun 29, 2009
I know who owns the place. I have heard of only one thing of this place. The fact is, this is right on US 27 and right next to a mini mall. Where is the creek, where is the mountains, The Cherokees were the guardians of the cave. I am the Swift Arrow. I do not wish for profit or money. I wish to all peace of spirit. I'm not commercial. I do not wish to make money on my fathers pains. Forgive us all great spirit, we are lost from thee.
The Swift Arrow

Oakland, CA

#124 Jun 29, 2009
your father was a driver.your parents split. You are separated from the father of your child. You went to school, bought a car and quit.

I have prayed for you, please go love your self.Believe you can because you will.

just ask for forgiveness from the mighty spirit,He will love thee.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#125 Jun 30, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
My wife had an Uncle that was thought to be Melungeon - She is also related to the Blue people of Eastern Ky- Her 3rd or 4th g-mother was also Cherokee - Tribe and clan unknown - Do have pics -
In addition , my wife had a (Cherokee) relative by name of " Blossom Eye" - Strange name for a man - Still searching -
The Swift Arrow

Oakland, CA

#126 Jun 30, 2009
Adsila Higatuli, (Blossom Eye), The name is Cherokee. Could be either sex. Like Chris, Jackie or etc. You are related to The Great Thunder Warriors. They were unbelievably Blessed. Ther were five that could catch an arrow in mid flight. One could run a deer down and slice his neck. They played mind games on people trying to enter there area's. They still do.
The Swift Arrow

Oakland, CA

#127 Jul 1, 2009
The line you mention comes from the mediterannian(can't spell) area. The eyes overlap in the corner. That is why he probably got the nickname Blossom Eyes. Here is some of the reading I have done. Some Melungeon descendants have what is called an Asian eye fold. This is rather difficult to describe. At the inner corner of the eye, the upper lid attaches slightly lower than the lower lid. In other words, it overlaps the bottom lid.

If you place your finger just under the inner corner of the eye and gently put ll down, a wrinkle will form which makes the fold more visible. Some people call these eyes,“sleepy eyes, dreamy eyes, or bedroom The newcomers wanted the rich valley lands occupied by the Melungeons they found residing there. They discriminated against the Melungeons because they were darker skinned than their own anglo-saxon ancestors and because this helped them obtain the lands they coveted.

This discrimination carried into the 1940’s-50’s and perhaps even longer because of the work of a man called Plecker who was the state of Virginia’s Director of Vital Statistics and an avowed racist.

He labeled the Melungeons, calling them mongrels and other worse terms - some were labeled FPC - Free Person of Color in Virginia. This in turn led to their children being labeled as Mulatto (M) and both of those terms came to mean BLACK.

BUT, if you find such a term for any of your ancestors, it does not necessarily mean that they actually WERE black. Some Melungeon families married white, some black, some Indian, some a combination.

For all of them, the terms led to rulings in which they couldn’t own property, they couldn’t vote, and they couldn’t school their children. As a result, they hid their backgrounds with the Indian myth, with the orphan myth (my family are all dead), and the adopted myth, and they changed either the spelling of their surnames or they picked an entirely new name, moving many times, anything to distance themselves from their Melungeon heritage.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#128 Jul 1, 2009
The Swift Arrow wrote:
The line you mention comes from the mediterannian(can't spell) area. The eyes overlap in the corner. That is why he probably got the nickname Blossom Eyes. Here is some of the reading I have done. Some Melungeon descendants have what is called an Asian eye fold. This is rather difficult to describe. At the inner corner of the eye, the upper lid attaches slightly lower than the lower lid. In other words, it overlaps the bottom lid.
If you place your finger just under the inner corner of the eye and gently put ll down, a wrinkle will form which makes the fold more visible. Some people call these eyes,“sleepy eyes, dreamy eyes, or bedroom The newcomers wanted the rich valley lands occupied by the Melungeons they found residing there. They discriminated against the Melungeons because they were darker skinned than their own anglo-saxon ancestors and because this helped them obtain the lands they coveted.
This discrimination carried into the 1940’s-50’s and perhaps even longer because of the work of a man called Plecker who was the state of Virginia’s Director of Vital Statistics and an avowed racist.
He labeled the Melungeons, calling them mongrels and other worse terms - some were labeled FPC - Free Person of Color in Virginia. This in turn led to their children being labeled as Mulatto (M) and both of those terms came to mean BLACK.
BUT, if you find such a term for any of your ancestors, it does not necessarily mean that they actually WERE black. Some Melungeon families married white, some black, some Indian, some a combination.
For all of them, the terms led to rulings in which they couldn’t own property, they couldn’t vote, and they couldn’t school their children. As a result, they hid their backgrounds with the Indian myth, with the orphan myth (my family are all dead), and the adopted myth, and they changed either the spelling of their surnames or they picked an entirely new name, moving many times, anything to distance themselves from their Melungeon heritage.
Could this name branding also be responsible for calling some of the French Creole people by the name of high yellows ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 min Rose of Tralee 24,542
new hotel in somerset? 6 min gladthelakeisback 18
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Jamona 134,368
Do you support Chris Girdler's SB 130? 3 hr Milliscent 70
Relocation to Somerset?? 4 hr From Knott County 11
Malone staffing 5 hr chris mink 1
orthopedic surgeon 16 hr Kathy 1

Winter Storm Warning for Pulaski County was issued at March 05 at 4:45AM EST

Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 pm PST

NFL 4:12PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
NFL 6:04 AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Top Free-Agent Targets
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors