|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

River Tam wrote:
"Try not to piss me off."
That was how I greeted people at Starbucks when I worked there. According to the SOP it was supposed to be:
"HI, My name is River. What can I get for you today?"
I'd like a hot cocoa with marshmallows and a straw with no less than three loops in it.

:)
agreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

gomer-ez wrote:
Give me a brake.Sugar free? It is a fat shop.You do not go to a donut shop for sugar free .
I agree but also thinks krispy creams is better but im more then satisfied with what we got and pleased that somersets gtowing and anyone that dont like it Move have a nice day
Grady

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jared D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you are so wrong. Dunkin is a threat to any other competitor in their market. Baxters, Amon's, etc. they will all survive they will just get a smaller piece of the pie.
I don't think it will hurt Baxter's as much as it will Amon's. I hope DD doesn't hurt either one of them to be honest. So far my friends who are big coffee drinkers (I'm not one) only like DD because they stay open later than Baxter's so they can get coffee now in the evenings.

When Orange Leaf opens next to them later this month I'm afraid it will really hurt Twisted Pineapple...different subject I know but it's true. TP is out of the way compared to Orange Leaf.
Community

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

For a community that considers itself to be a model of virtue and morality, there sure are a lot of people on here who go out of their way to be spiteful. Having a preference is one thing. Setting out to trash a business or person is a whole different ball game and shows just how many emotional bottom feeders live in this area. Perhaps the local preachers should spend less time lecturing their congregations on the evils of alcohol and more time talking about the virtues of kindness and respect.
SinD

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

hi all!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Mornin' -
comare

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

WOW, all the refined citizens of Somerset are speaking their minds! I joke of course... First and foremost, the people working there are all NEW at what they are doing (at least they are working at something). Secondly, they are just opened and LEARNING the "ropes" so to speak. It's called a learning technique. If, after a reasonable amount of time goes by and you are still not satisfied, by all means, move along. Until then, shut up! Seems to me that for people who live in one of the poorest states in our Country, you might give a world wide franchise at least a chance. It's only as good as its employees and their all of HERE!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Donuts can't suck -They got a hole on both sides - Creates a vaccum -
Grady

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Community wrote:
For a community that considers itself to be a model of virtue and morality, there sure are a lot of people on here who go out of their way to be spiteful. Having a preference is one thing. Setting out to trash a business or person is a whole different ball game and shows just how many emotional bottom feeders live in this area. Perhaps the local preachers should spend less time lecturing their congregations on the evils of alcohol and more time talking about the virtues of kindness and respect.
So it's only the church goers that are trashing a business or person? And it's the church goers that are causing the model of virtue and morality to decay because they are emotional bottom feeders? I find it funny that a 7yr old kid this past weekend was nearly suspended from school for playing an imaginary game of save the world where he pretended to throw a grenade (complete with whoosh sound effects) because our society won't allow that type of play but over the top, gratuitous, blatant sexuality that was displayed during the super bowl commercials was all in good fun and shouldn't be an issue.

It's not cool for that kid to act as though he is saving the world but it should be ok for schools to give abortion pills and contraceptives behind parents backs, as it's being discussed else where. Yeah that is the church's doings alright. If you go to church you would know that most speak less about the ills of alcohol and more of moral decay our society is seeing....at least they should be seeing it.

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Their food tasting horrible, and the availability of said food doesn't reflect on the employees, but the company. Those things obviously aren't their faults.

The service is a different thing. I was being polite. I've worked in retail and I know that it makes life a lot easier when all are good to each other. Anyways, the woman taking my order acted annoyed that I was asking questions. That reflected on her. I will return after a long while to check it out again I think.
Joeyjoejoejoerso n

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

It is not the employes fault, it is the uppity ups who trained them. I will say the place is ran terribly and I hate Amons doughnuts. When I want a doughnut i will get them for half the cost at walmart or from Krispys in Lex. I really hope this place is not owned by Iraqis/Iranians..I..I...I... I dont think they are Americans or whatever.
DirtGuy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I'll have to go back and see waht is going on. When I was there on Saturday the workers were polite and efficient even though thay were very busy. There wasn't a big selection of donuts available, but people were sure buying them. What we got were pretty good. I do like Baxter's coffee better than Dunkin Donuts' though.
J-Boy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

They must be doing something right there are over 10,000 Dunkin Donuts.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

J-Boy wrote:
They must be doing something right there are over 10,000 Dunkin Donuts.
10,000 donutz ?- That wouldn't feed a single police dept.-
J-Boy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The great thing about living in our little, mostly over weight town, is there will be enough customers for all. I think Amons business will actually go up and Baxters will probably suffer a little.
With Dunkin Donuts name in your face every time you get on 27 it reminds you of Donuts. May not want Dunkins but may want Amons. Not sure where Baxters fits in long term but I'm sure they will survive too.
Paul Revere

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Wait a minute!!!
What happened to all the "buy from Mom & Pop first" crowd???
How many times have I come to this board and read a thread absolutely trashing Walmart because they put mom & pop stores out of business?
Yet, in this thread you have people singing the praises of DD and accusing the OP as someone with a vested interest in a local "mom & pop" shop!
Buddha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

What kind of person gets angry about donuts?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Buddha wrote:
What kind of person gets angry about donuts?
Another local owner who's scared of loosing business.. Or one of their employees.. LOL!

There's enough "Donut" business for everyone around here in my opinion.
(SMH)

Maybe I'll stop by there today to see what they have left. I've not had DD's in a few years. I used to LOVE their bagels.
Gotta Laugh

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to make a similar claim about me when I posted about a bad salad I had at a local restaurant. You were wrong then and you're probably wrong now.
Some people put way to much confidence in their own assumptions.
So it's not just Dunkin' Donuts and Orange Leaf that offend your refined pallet. Sounds to me like there is a chronic complainer in the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Somerset Forum right now

Search the Somerset Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ronnie garland 53 min russian-italian-babe 1
Donnie garland (Dec '08) 1 hr russian-italian-babe 8
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr blahblah123 917
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr blahblah123 25,960
Where to streak 3 hr Streaker 1
Are you a Republican or a Democrat? 3 hr Tyler 23
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr curious 122,602
Todd Wood - Why the Hate? 5 hr Plain to see 91
•••

Freeze Warning for Pulaski County was issued at April 17 at 2:52AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Somerset Jobs

•••