homeless desert storm veteran needs a...

homeless desert storm veteran needs a hand up

Posted in the Somerset Forum

jules

Whitley City, KY

#1 May 12, 2013
I'm a 40 year old veteran with a class d felony. I'm not on parole. I'm homeless and unemployed. I have excellent autobody skills among other skills. I don't have any family to turn to or any friends. Except my dog. If anyone can help me with an employment oppurtunity I would be very thankful. I don't want any handouts or pity. I just need a chance. Thanks for your time.
i am really sorry

Middlesboro, KY

#2 May 13, 2013
i dont want to sound rude so please dont take this wrong but its after 3 oclock in the morning and you said you are homeless with a dog. how is it then that you are on topix and able to get on the internet if you are homeless with your dog but you have no friends either? where are you at right now? the library isnt open this late so where are you? i would like to see you get the help you need but these are the first questions that came in to my mind if you would be honest and answer me. there are so many scams these days and people try any way they can to rob other tender hearted people with sad stories like this. so how are you on here in the middle of the night at 3 oclock in the morning to ask for help? it just doesn't feel right to me.
jules

Whitley City, KY

#4 May 13, 2013
Fyi, I have a beat up old blackberry with no talk or text, only mcdonalds wifi. I sleep in a mummybag, no tent or shelter. I'm not a scammer or a crook. I'm a person at the end of their rope. I know this is hard for you people to believe, but you should try it from my side sometime.
helper hand

Holton, IN

#5 May 13, 2013
There are some farms down towards Wayne and Clinton counties that use Mexican help in the fields but I have no idea whom to contact.
Info

Somerset, KY

#6 May 13, 2013
Maybe the pallet mills in Eubank- Try Barron Pallet or tge pallet place on old 27.
Stealth ninja

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 May 13, 2013
jules wrote:
Fyi, I have a beat up old blackberry with no talk or text, only mcdonalds wifi. I sleep in a mummybag, no tent or shelter. I'm not a scammer or a crook. I'm a person at the end of their rope. I know this is hard for you people to believe, but you should try it from my side sometime.
mcdonalds will hire you.i used to be in your shoes.i slept wherever I could find a patch of trees in Somerset.i bathed in the lake with soap.a veterans rope has no end. I got a job closing at McDonald's.i bought an old chevette for 125.00 and fixed her up.then I met this woman and she took me home.that was 23 years ago.you can also call on the VA for help brother.they have programs to help .
worried

Corbin, KY

#8 May 15, 2013
the docks are hiring now. some of them have campsites,so this might solve all your problems for now. a job, a place to lay your head, and a place to shower. hope you find something soon
i am really sorry

Middlesboro, KY

#11 May 15, 2013
jules wrote:
i understand now. thank you for not being mad at me for asking. i have been homeless before but at least i had an old car to sleep in. it usually didnt have enough gas in it to even turn the motor over but at least it kept me dry and i was able to park it in a place that they didnt tow me away. i tried to stay clean by walking to a gas station near by and using their bathroom sinks and even washed my undies in those same sinks and rarely ever had enough food but if you can believe it or not i was oh so thankful to have that beat up old car. finally a friend found out where i was and helped me by letting me stay at his house for free till i got back on my feet and could pay him some rent. if i hear of anything i will put it on here for you. i will also pray for you. there is an old saying that i hold dear. it says that once you hit rock bottom you soon realize that god is your rock at the bottom. times will get better for you because god loves you! you just hang in there okay?
hey

United States

#12 May 16, 2013
Why do people these day tell they were a veteran as a guilt card there is so much of this anymore people stealing from hard working people cuz they r too lazy to work

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2013
hey wrote:
Why do people these day tell they were a veteran as a guilt card there is so much of this anymore people stealing from hard working people cuz they r too lazy to work
A war veteran deserves the utmost respect. How dare you even try to underestimate the service they have done for our country. Just how dare you.

I doubt your air filled skull has ever even seen a night without a pillow underneath of it. Our military vets have gone without sleep for days while your ass slept like a baby, with your freedoms being protected while you dreamt like a little angel, oblivious to what was happening half a world away.. Many of them die while you're in your little self induced happy-happy joy-joy bubble, with your belly full and your bed nice and warm. I won't even mention some of the horrors that they've witnessed with their own eyes..

Our vets are thrown aside whenever their services are no longer needed. Wounded or not, they are treated worse than anyone else in society when it comes to medical care, housing, etc.

We have veterans sleeping in boxes in alleyways, while our government sends billions over seas..

We also have women in this very town alone who have houses full of children, while for all intents and purposes they claim to be a single parent. Food stamps, WIC, subsidized housing. The list goes on, but I doubt you'll even read far. But in case you do: These women have not and will not ever work for a paycheck during their "reproductive years", right up to their youngest childs last month of paydays on that infamous 18th birthday. They willingly birth for a "gimme" check. Our service men and women do it for us, our freedom, and our soul survival from those who want to see our country fall.

And you want to diminish the honorable services that our military men and women provide?

Get real. Better yet, go and let yourself get lost up in the Red River Gorge for a few days. Allow yourself to experience just a 1% taste of what they have felt and gone through for you and I. Loose yourself really well so that it takes rescuers at least 2 or 3 days to find you. Maybe you'll get a slight feel for what they've gone through for months at a time..

You repulse me.
jules

Whitley City, KY

#14 May 16, 2013
Thanx to all you good ppl for the job info. If I can catch a ride tomorrow, I'll be on the scene. I guess its true what they say, "the darkest hour is just before dawn". As for the entity known as "hey", you had better pray to your god that I don't find ot who you are. Thanx again to all the fine folks for their positive input. I don't forget ppl that help me, by the same token I damn sure don't forget ppl that try to screw with me. Super69 out.
mummy bagger

Helenwood, TN

#15 May 17, 2013
jules wrote:
As for the entity known as "hey", you had better pray to your god that I don't find ot who you are.
Good luck in finding a job, maybe you could work for the government, you already have the credentials.
Smart

Somerset, KY

#16 May 17, 2013
jules wrote:
Thanx to all you good ppl for the job info. If I can catch a ride tomorrow, I'll be on the scene. I guess its true what they say, "the darkest hour is just before dawn". As for the entity known as "hey", you had better pray to your god that I don't find ot who you are. Thanx again to all the fine folks for their positive input. I don't forget ppl that help me, by the same token I damn sure don't forget ppl that try to screw with me. Super69 out.
So, now you are a convicted felon on a public forum threatening folks...smart...
hey

United States

#17 May 17, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
A war veteran deserves the utmost respect. How dare you even try to underestimate the service they have done for our country. Just how dare you.
I doubt your air filled skull has ever even seen a night without a pillow underneath of it. Our military vets have gone without sleep for days while your ass slept like a baby, with your freedoms being protected while you dreamt like a little angel, oblivious to what was happening half a world away.. Many of them die while you're in your little self induced happy-happy joy-joy bubble, with your belly full and your bed nice and warm. I won't even mention some of the horrors that they've witnessed with their own eyes..
Our vets are thrown aside whenever their services are no longer needed. Wounded or not, they are treated worse than anyone else in society when it comes to medical care, housing, etc.
We have veterans sleeping in boxes in alleyways, while our government sends billions over seas..
We also have women in this very town alone who have houses full of children, while for all intents and purposes they claim to be a single parent. Food stamps, WIC, subsidized housing. The list goes on, but I doubt you'll even read far. But in case you do: These women have not and will not ever work for a paycheck during their "reproductive years", right up to their youngest childs last month of paydays on that infamous 18th birthday. They willingly birth for a "gimme" check. Our service men and women do it for us, our freedom, and our soul survival from those who want to see our country fall.
And you want to diminish the honorable services that our military men and women provide?
Get real. Better yet, go and let yourself get lost up in the Red River Gorge for a few days. Allow yourself to experience just a 1% taste of what they have felt and gone through for you and I. Loose yourself really well so that it takes rescuers at least 2 or 3 days to find you. Maybe you'll get a slight feel for what they've gone through for months at a time..
You repulse me.
I spent 16 years in the navy and most of that was over seas. I dont say oh pitiful me i seen many give there life and somehow lived to tell about it there is just so many using that as a way to get people to feel sorry for them im tired of it... i agree that we dont get the healthcare etc we deserve but using it as a guilt card to get people to feel sorry for you is just pathetic
hey

United States

#18 May 17, 2013
Btw i still work for a living never drawn anything from the goverment and never been to jail i have been down to nothing but instead try to make people feel sorry for me i did something about it now i own my house car everything

“We Are Family”

Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#19 May 18, 2013
http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel

New VA Grants for Homeless Vets
Washington (May 17,2013)
The Department of Veterans Affairs has announced two new grants to support Secretary Eric K. Shinsecki's goal of ending Veteran's homeless in 2015. Under these new programs, homeless providers can apploy for funding to enhance the facilities used to serve Veterans, and aquire vans to facilitate transportation of this population.
Additional information is available at:
http://www.va.gov/HOMELESS/GPD.asp
lovingmommy

Hazard, KY

#22 Jun 6, 2013
there is a wonderful place in somerset that provides meals and maybe able to help u out they are really great people.
you can contact them on this website www.livingbreadsoupkitchen.webs.com good luck
lovingmommy

Hazard, KY

#23 Jun 6, 2013
since u are at mcds beside biglots is a somerset mission center that is on here that says they give away meals 5-7 pm. at least you will get a hot meal.
FYI

Livingston, KY

#24 Jun 7, 2013
There is a place named Veterans Essentials about a half mile out W 80 on the right. Their purpose is to help homeless Veterans.

Since: Mar 13

Somerset, KY

#25 Jun 15, 2013
I am a vet also and have found myself on my last leg I called the dav and they helped me with a free place to live plus $50 a week for food fully furnished apartment they help u find jobs but.... The woman did a background check on me I don't think that u can have a felony to get that help but call any way are u a disabled vet or just a vet? Bc u can always get a way up to the va in lex tell them ur on the street and they will put u up in the psych ward until they can place u somewhere

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Theater 1 hr Becky Baker 2
New stores 2 hr Builder Bob 2
Mikey burton 2 hr Kathy 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 174,892
Mayors Race 3 hr Madison 2
Got abducted by aliens 4 hr Tina 4
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 4 hr Rickster-- 39,453

Somerset Jobs

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages