Deleted Threads
why

Brownsville, TN

#28 Jan 10, 2013
how do you judge your own cause it wont let me you big dummy. i just tried to and it left it blank. you really need to grow up bronston boy.
gomer-ez

Somerset, KY

#29 Jan 10, 2013
I personally really like Bronston Man. His posts are always very insightful.

Glad to see more people are paying attention to his posts!

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#30 Jan 10, 2013
why wrote:
how do you judge your own cause it wont let me you big dummy. i just tried to and it left it blank. you really need to grow up bronston boy.
Sure it does, as I'm sure you know. All you do is log in with your registered account and judge it then.

That is also how you get two negative judge its. You judge it once greyboxing, then you do it again after you log in.

Or, even better, get some proxies. Then you can judge it dozens of times.

I laugh at the people who go through so much trouble. How hard is it to type out a reply saying "I disagree, and here is why..."
why

Brownsville, TN

#31 Jan 10, 2013
register so some body can hack my email address and then i might get spammed with hundreds of viagra ads. yeah i think i should just do that right now lol.
i dont want spam stacking up in my email you dummy.
you really need to stop these suspisious thoughts. they might be whats keep you awake at night. or do you take meds for that i wonder.
why

Brownsville, TN

#32 Jan 10, 2013
i just told you i tried to do it and it left it blank dummy. i guess you dont listen well neither. get registered so i can click judges on ppl aint gonna happen dude. sorry to bust your bubbles. maybe you are the one who likes to hack people who knows. seems like you want to keep pushing it awful hard for some reason

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#33 Jan 10, 2013
why wrote:
register so some body can hack my email address and then i might get spammed with hundreds of viagra ads. yeah i think i should just do that right now lol.
i dont want spam stacking up in my email you dummy.
you really need to stop these suspisious thoughts. they might be whats keep you awake at night. or do you take meds for that i wonder.
Yeah, right.... Now like you can't get a free email at Hotmail, Yahoo, hell use GuerillaMail.

"I won't register because I'm afraid of spaaaaaammmm!!!"

LOL, call the waaaambulance!

You have a registered account, maybe more than one. Now go back to your little fun with Judge Its!

=D
Old

Racine, OH

#34 Jan 10, 2013
Actually the Somerset Topix is the best in Ky and it's because of the mods killing trashy slanderous threads and posts. I prefer to discuss things and not just respond to hormones

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#35 Jan 10, 2013
Funny stuff wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lisa, didn't you say a while back that you are expecting? Hope you're doing O.K.

Sorry to get personal. I guess I'm having a "Hey Hatti" moment. It won't happen again, but I do hope evrything is going good with you all.
I am. About 23 weeks now I believe.
:-D
That wasn't anything too personal at all. All you have is to ask. I'll tell you if it's too much. I'm doing well, as I hope you are as well.
:)

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#37 Jan 10, 2013
"No one is arguing about the use of personal names or strong profanity. If you are not aware of the level of over moderating on the Somerset forum then you don't spend much time on the discussion side."

Exactly!

No one disagrees with those deletions. What really pisses me off is when I go to other towns and see the HS bullying, the strong profanity, the outright racism on display there with absolutely nothing being done about it.

I report a post, and it might, MIGHT, get taken down in 2 to 3 days.

Here in Somerset frivolous things are taken down at whim. Not profanity, not proper name usage, not cyber bullying.

Somerset is over moderated because they gave some local the power. Other towns are severely under moderated and no one seems to care.

The real issue concerns Topix's policy of "the invisible hand of moderation". Don't talk about it, don't discuss it. Don't even let people know when their post was removed or for what reason. Even better, try to fool them into thinking their post is still there!

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#38 Jan 10, 2013
I knew better than to quote that last one and simply copy/paste with quotation marks.
Sticks and Stones

Somerset, KY

#39 Jan 10, 2013
I started this thread about censorship of anything that states what is actually going on at the "bar" in downtown Somerset. It was post #1. Sooooooooooooo, the clock is ticking; let's see how quickly the censorship starts with this comment. Tick, tick!
Old

Racine, OH

#40 Jan 10, 2013
Funny stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stay tuned. Someone will ask the right question and this whole thread will disappear. See they don't like having attention drawn to the fact that this forum is heavily censored. If the censorship was justified then it wouldn't be a problem. But if they're wrong (and they are) then talking about it exposes them.
Watch you clock, cause this ones about to go "poof"
So you're saying that if all the complainers are anonymous then there is no reason to complain? What about if we don't trust you and know who you are?
Funny stuff

Lake Geneva, WI

#41 Jan 10, 2013
Old wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that if all the complainers are anonymous then there is no reason to complain? What about if we don't trust you and know who you are?
What???

Are you one of those points posters, trying to diguise yourself as a greyboxer? Stick to points posting, it's not necessary that you make sense when you do it.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#42 Jan 10, 2013
Appears to me that a banned user has returned on this thread. Meaning that if they weren't nervous about contacting the mods for their question(s), they'd have no reason to complain on this thread.. Instead, they'd send in feedback to get answers..
(Very interesting).

Secondly, I saw a couple comments somewhere on here about a local establishment. Although I can't remember what city forums they were in, there were one of two that I understand fully why they were taken off. So YOU are the same one who placed them? I could be mistaken, but didn't I read somewhere that you admitted to getting a warning or warnings?
(Again, interesting)..

Here's the kicker: Topix can do anything they want to do on THEIR web site.
"Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator." Etc....
(I'm assuming that we all understand the meaning of being polite)??

Bronston Man has used feedback before. He even stated that he got a reply which gave him the reason his comment came off. Made sense to me even though I didn't see the original comment itself, but he described the response he got in detail. Perhaps it was a copy/paste. I can't remember.. I don't recall where that comment is either or I'd link it.

So why some of you claim that things are being done shadily on here, I don't quite understand. You have feedback at the tips of your fingers. Using it would be the logical answer, in my opinion.
(Unless of course as I said before, you've got a reason NOT to contact them)??

_-_Nope_-_

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#43 Jan 10, 2013
Should I say hello, "Funny Stuff"? Or let you stay in disguise?
Funny stuff

Lake Geneva, WI

#45 Jan 10, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Appears to me that a banned user has returned on this thread. Meaning that if they weren't nervous about contacting the mods for their question(s), they'd have no reason to complain on this thread.. Instead, they'd send in feedback to get answers..
(Very interesting).
Secondly, I saw a couple comments somewhere on here about a local establishment. Although I can't remember what city forums they were in, there were one of two that I understand fully why they were taken off. So YOU are the same one who placed them? I could be mistaken, but didn't I read somewhere that you admitted to getting a warning or warnings?
(Again, interesting)..
Here's the kicker: Topix can do anything they want to do on THEIR web site.

"Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator." Etc....
(I'm assuming that we all understand the meaning of being polite)??
Bronston Man has used feedback before. He even stated that he got a reply which gave him the reason his comment came off. Made sense to me even though I didn't see the original comment itself, but he described the response he got in detail. Perhaps it was a copy/paste. I can't remember.. I don't recall where that comment is either or I'd link it.
So why some of you claim that things are being done shadily on here, I don't quite understand. You have feedback at the tips of your fingers. Using it would be the logical answer, in my opinion.
(Unless of course as I said before, you've got a reason NOT to contact them)??
_-_Nope_-_
Hello Nope, You answered a couple of my questions on Christmas Eve on the thread called "censorship", remember? Nothing inappropriate on that thread. Only questions about the nature of moderating on the Somerset forum. That entire thread was taken down shortly after I posted a couple of questions. I've never been banned because I've never registered. I'll give you a clue though, I started the Contact Topix HQ thread as deletable a couple of months ago. I'll be glad to register when they fix the problem with Somerset topix. I had about 15 posts removed at one time. No profanity, no names, just a strong, well thought out political arguement that someone didn't like but couldn't contend with, so they deleted the posts.

My problem with topix is if you're going to delete opinions then don't sell it as a discussion forum.
Here's my favorite exerpt from topix TOS:

"If it upsets you that the free expression of ideas is often heated and offensive, please do not use Topix."

Being impolite is not breaking the rules and does not qualify as abuse.

I think censorship, used as thought control is not only BS but a type of evil that this country was founded against.
The people who love censorship and the abilty to use it are usually too stupid to argue or have an evil agenda.
Funny stuff

Lake Geneva, WI

#47 Jan 10, 2013
One more thing, I'm not mammon. People on here have called me that, but it is incorrect.

Some folks place entirely too much confidence in their own assumptions. Know what I mean?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#49 Jan 10, 2013
I don't remember answering your questions. Quite a few weeks have passed since the Holidays...
(Sorry, I can get absent minded at times too, LOL).

I do vaguely remember a Contact Topix thread though. I've not seen it in ages.. I would have to look that one up again for reference.
(Was that in the Somerset threads? It would help to save me some time looking for it).

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#50 Jan 10, 2013
What the heck is "Cheese Dip" WiFi? ROFLMBO!!!

I have to go for a little bit. Need to put dinner on the table. I'll be back in about an hour or so probably.

Now I'm wanting some cheese dip, LOL!
(Thanks a lot, BM)
:)
Funny stuff

Lake Geneva, WI

#51 Jan 10, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Should I say hello, "Funny Stuff"? Or let you stay in disguise?
Yes, out me by all means, if you know my name. Then I'll start posting links to my website and try to drum up some business on here. lol. Not that I think the Hey Hatti crowd can afford my services. You may be surprised who uses this site. That's why I'd like to see it "fixed".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda messamore 17 min John whang 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 169,080
Holloween party 2 hr Butters 3
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 2 hr Ricky F 37,451
Marissa Keith 3 hr RET3 6
John Wang Okay Since Last Night 6 hr Butters 14
Lift Inc. pros and cons 8 hr Gina 17

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages