How to get 100% PTSD Disability
Charles0390

Somerset, KY

#135 Jun 12, 2013
George Patton wrote:
Looks like a bunch of pansies trying to whine their way to a check.
Have you ever served in the military and been in war?I have nam to be exact 2 back to back tour's,I'm already a disabled vet but My VA doc since 91 told me that he thought PTSD was causing a lot of my mental problems of which I'm being treated for,I'v been fighting to get the PTSD added to my disability for almost 10 years now,I took the VA's PTSd test and maxed it completely and they tried to say I had a personality disorder instad which is a total opposite as to what PTSD is plus it's a hereditary thing where PTSD is not,now I have a lawyer handling my case for me and I will get soon,plus now the VA will have to pay me the back pay from when I first started trying to get it added to my disability's plus they also have to pay for any pain,suffering etc on the part of my family etc so when it's all added up their going to have to pay me somewhere around 300,000 dollars including putting me at 100 percent of which I'm at 70 now so all they did was to cast themselves a hell of a lot of money and made me a very happy person in the end but I got my disability the hard way it wasn't handed to me on a platter,I fought to get it,I have war wound both physicaly and mentally so,it has nothing at all to do with trying to get a free check cause there's nothing free about it if you'r like myself.So when you say ignorant things like what you did you might want to stop and think before you open you'r pie hole and do some studying up on PTSD and how it's related to the military
melody

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#137 Jun 21, 2013
I have PDSD and it is bad I can not live my life I need help I don't know what to do. I'm 25 and this is bad I cant thank or talk to someone about it I need help with this I'm 20 weeks pregnant.
The Chaplain

Angier, NC

#138 Jul 12, 2013
What a bunch of bums does no make sense to me with the above story Mr. Clem. Were you in hostile combat? Had heads for friends explode all would pretty suit? Tell me my friend do know the power of brother hood and seen a refrigerated meat truck take 18 of you comrades away to be put on ICE until they come back home. You call these guys bums? Can you imagine being hanged for being an American....Yes, Yes that could happened if it not for us bums willing to give so you continue to enjoy in your property.
Big A

United States

#141 Jul 25, 2013
If you admit to being suicidal during a evaluation. Will your gun permit be taken away?
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#142 Jul 27, 2013
Sounds like some seriously screwed up priorities there
Big A wrote:
If you admit to being suicidal during a evaluation. Will your gun permit be taken away?
Joey Anderson

United States

#143 Jul 27, 2013
Most vets with genuine PTSD these days will get a SC fit from the VA. If you haven't keep tryibg, get a really good VSO to help you or an attorney if you need to appeal.

The incentives within VA are such that if an evaluator thinks a guy is faking or exaggerating, the evaluator has to spend 3 times as.much time on the eval, record reviews, write-up, etc. Especially if they have do 4 or more exams a day, it's a lot easier for them to just go ahead and give the vet a PTSD diagnosis and move on. A lot of guys who really don't have PSTD end up taking home $2000 or more a month tax-free but the VA figures that's ok as long as the vets with genuine PTSD get SC too.
ptlmarine

Vernonia, OR

#144 Aug 28, 2013
This thinking is why the va should stop paying vets for ptsd and offer counciling and see how many sign up.just buck up and move on with your life. i lost my right leg from a ied but u dont see me running down to the va looking for a hand out . semper fi
Crazy Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to get diagnosed with PTSD. However, if you act crazy enough you'll eventually get it. I beat my wife a few times, got a few DUIs, went crazy on a few people including police officers and I got me a big montly check. Now I hang out at the gym, drink beers in the evening and got to counseling every once in a while to prove that I'm still crazy. Since I am almost 100% PTSD people expect me to act crazy so I get away with a few things. Don't give up and you'll get your check.

Level 2

Since: Dec 09

United States

#145 Aug 30, 2013
wowwie
MSGMP_VANEWBIE

Highland, MI

#146 Sep 9, 2013
I've been in for 25 years now and deployed twice, once to Iraq in'03 and to Afghanistan in'08. I was having problems after the first deployment and went to the VA. After one visit I was told that my symptoms were "NORMAL" and would go away. They never did... I still have nightmares and and trouble sleeping, anger issues always seem to be on guard. I've just started seeing a counselor. What is a "SC" ? What treatments are there for it all? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks to all of you that served, brothers and sisters...
Joey Anderson wrote:
Most vets with genuine PTSD these days will get a SC fit from the VA. If you haven't keep tryibg, get a really good VSO to help you or an attorney if you need to appeal.
The incentives within VA are such that if an evaluator thinks a guy is faking or exaggerating, the evaluator has to spend 3 times as.much time on the eval, record reviews, write-up, etc. Especially if they have do 4 or more exams a day, it's a lot easier for them to just go ahead and give the vet a PTSD diagnosis and move on. A lot of guys who really don't have PSTD end up taking home $2000 or more a month tax-free but the VA figures that's ok as long as the vets with genuine PTSD get SC too.
Joey Anderson

Hickory, NC

#147 Sep 9, 2013
SC = Service Connection

This has some good info to get you started:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_benef...

Thank you for your service!

Keep asking for help - you deserve all the support our country has to offer.

Joey
Phil

Virginia Beach, VA

#148 Sep 18, 2013
I don't think its that hard to get 100% disablilty I have a friend who just told the VA he has nightmares and cant sleep they gave him some pills and he filed his claim and got 100%. Go through DAV (disabled veterans of America) they are a huge help, they will ask you to sign a power of attorney so they can file on your behalf. They have you submit your paperwork to them first so they can look over it and tell you what you need to say and everything. I currently have serve PTSD, Depression and Anxiety. My DAV rep told me I should get 100%. According to the VA standards in there regulation I qualify for 100%. I went into the VA unshaven didn't take a shower and really had a break down started crying and everything( that part was actually real) its just the waiting that makes it hard. I filed a claim in 2011 and didn't do anything with they had to reopen it. I was told that's a good thing because vets with PTSD will often get discourage and not go through with the whole procedure multiple times and thats what I did. Went to 3 different VA hospitals they gave me medication and all. My advice just stick with it and if you get denied get a lawyer to appeal but check there appeal right first.
totty

Manama, Bahrain

#149 Oct 2, 2013
my brother is suffering from PTSD, gets a significant amount each month from the government. He is now seeking 100% disability so he can get more money. I agree that PTSD sucks, but I also agree that you have to be seriously messed up to receive 100% After he completed his service, He has managed to stay married, have 3 kids get a Bachelors, Masters and working on a PHD. He has written two books. But he can't manage to find "any" work-so he feels he deserves 100% to ensure his kids get to go to college. While I appreciate what he and so many have done for this country, clearly he is not 100% disabled and in fact a fully capable adult. And why cant his wife work-he didnt even know her went he went to the war.
alpha

San Francisco, CA

#150 Oct 10, 2013
that one post is true. dont bother or waste time with the VA. trying to get money from them. good luck. they owe me thousands. back pay, gi bill and 2 examples. for example every time i file for my back pay that i prove to them and have the documentation for, all they do is deny my claims and send them back to me.

as if that is not enough. they ask me, in their return letter, to send them the very documents i had already gave them.

the department i was working with, no against is so bad. but hey, the governments broke, defaulted, collasped, etc. so hey, they dont have money either.

anyway so the department i was dealing with. they dont answer their phones, return your messages or respond to your emails. oh and with budget cuts, sequester, government shutdown etc theres no one there anyway.

what a bunch of piece of shit government. oh, and this tops them all. so i go to a law firm and give them all my documentation and paper work to back up my case, because i'm going to sue them right? guess what, the court threw me out because of sovereign immunity
Anonymous

Bremerton, WA

#152 Oct 16, 2013
There are many ways to get a 100% rating. Getting a 100% "scheduled" rating for PTSD alone would be very difficult indeed. HOWEVER, if it truly does effect your ability to work you may be able to get 100% IU. Also, chances are if you've got PTSD you have other ratings as well which can combine to make 100% either scheduled or IU. The bottom line on this or any VA claim is, don't listen to blowhards or the VA. Educate yourself and advocate for yourself. This is the only way to ensue you get the benefits you deserve. Don't leave it to others to do this for you but do use a service organization to represent you, your claim carries more weight if you do. Finally for those who think they can fake PTSD....good luck with that.
gdog

Westland, MI

#153 Oct 16, 2013
This is very interesting reading so many different points of views regarding ptsd. One can live with ptsd mainly because you dont have a choice. Not only must we practice mental excercises taught from phsyciatrist but we should also strengthen our personal relationship with the Lord.
frank

Lexington, KY

#154 Oct 22, 2013
Suck it up and ho to work...
frank

Lexington, KY

#155 Oct 22, 2013
Go*
theloneredneck

Chicago, IL

#156 Oct 25, 2013
PTSD is very serious for those of us really suffering from it, it changes every aspect of your life. those of you making the 'bum' and 'pansie' comments can go to hell. You have no idea what youre talking about.
cant say

Coral Gables, FL

#157 Oct 28, 2013
infantry vet wrote:
Id give up man. You cant get anything out of the va. My friend i have served with for 3 yrs now hit a ied and will never wlk right again and they will only pay him a lump sum of 12000 for the rest of his life. We all have some short of ptsd so its not priority for them. They got what they want from you and now your on ur own. Same as me forcing us all out and its all most of us know. Im out next week proud to have been infantry but realized i have been used. And will nv see anything from it im not even gonna bother with maken a claim.
NO please do not give up I'm an Infantry vet my self and after over 30 years this April I filed for ptsd/mst I'm so ashame and for the first time I'm gething help one on one theraphy.
Nowiknowbetr

Versailles, KY

#158 Oct 28, 2013
Please have someone check out your breathing. People who have been under severe stress long term other develope chronic hyperventilation. Suffers of PTSD often breathe at twice the normal volume of 6liters of air per minute.

The rate of breaths per minute may be accelerated or not. Sometimes they have a normal rate, but breathe a larger volume from using accessory muscles.

Chronic hyperventilation can exascebate symptoms of PTSD and can even cause a whole constellation of similar symptoms by itself.

Chronic hyperventilation lowers the normal concentration of carbon dioxide in plasma and this blocks hemoglobin from functioning nomally. This phenomenon is called the Bohr Effect
Marine Veteran wrote:
I have been seeing a counselor for 2 years due to PTSD issues, but have been denied disability over and over because I work. I work because I have to eat, but day to day tasks are becoming an issue. I won't go into detail, but getting 100% PTSD Disability seems impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Mickey402 149,527
anyone know mark vitoe 1 hr just maybe 18
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr gladthelakeisback 32,224
adam stamper 1 hr Boney Ingram 38
Micheal Thurman 1 hr Truth teller 1
Stay out of fountain. 1 hr Iseehu splashing 1
Federal Prison 2 hr UncleSam 11

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Somerset Mortgages