look

London, KY

#104 Nov 26, 2012
I respect anyone who has served in our armed forces and I'm so sorry you are going thru what you are. I have never been in the service but have been diagnosed with ptsd due to an assault when I was younger. Also depressive disorder and dementia due to head trauma (during the assault). Educationally, I'm still intact, mentally, no & I'll never be. I'm honestly glad that I at least have diagnosises now. I am in my mid 30s, I work 28 hrs a week when I'm able, but not in the field I trained in. I was told that my mental state would not allow it. Crazy? No. I'm still me, but the assault left me forever changed.
Med Retired InfantryAaron

United States

#105 Dec 22, 2012
B1D 19k wrote:
I was In iraq for 15 months in ar ramadi iraq. lost alot of freinds and seen alot of deaths, Ive been out of the amry since 2007 resided in germany because facing the fact of our goverment and the way people are created to beleive and so called support for our troop with a damn bumper sticker just makes me sick. I was hit in the neck from a sniper in 2006, blown up twice in a tank, end of 2006, blown up and flown into a tank 2007 got out of the army and lived with it. I thought that i was a freak and didnt know what was wrong with me, until this year i moved back to the states and joined the reserves, a few months later they sent me back home and told me i was incapable to serve andymore. They sent me for my first time to the Va in palm beach florida, i was than explained i had a shit load of issues,Treatment medications and so on . I than met up with a group if veitnam vets, spoke with them shared thoughts and reliesed we are not at all differnt in our problems or ways of thinking. the difference is only that they have been dealing with there problems for over 40 freaking years. i was sad but at the same time enlightend. PTSD is a part of my life along with all the issues i have physically. i live with it and try as little as possible to deal with it, for me all i needed was to understand it, medication and councululing bakes everything worse. i have 12 claims in right now and have know idea how long it will take for something to happen if something happens at all. i have 3 kids been married for 7 years and im 26 years old. I have a long life ahead of me and i plan to live it with or without toe VA. If anyone needs some important phone numbers of help of anykind feel free to contact me with anything. sometimes just talking to another vet with similar problems helps with moving on. thanks to all who have given what they have gaven...
I am at 100% disability for PTSD and as everyone else here just trying to figure out where to go from here. Life seems like hell everyday and I'm 28 and would still like to have an actually life again. And as I see in most posts here as well as my own VA is worthless, I also was stabbed in the right knee and had every ligament torn from another close combat incident in Fulujah. I would like the numbers you have for contacts that may help better. I just as most just want them to give us the help we need and get to were someone will give us a chance to work again and be able to take back the happiness and joy from life that most here I'm sure use to have before we spent those 3,4 or 5 tours for 15-18 months.
Just Human

Enid, OK

#107 Jan 11, 2013
My experiences in Iraq 2003-2004 left me initially inanely to comprehend what was wrong with me, since 2004 I have tried to kill my self multiple times, and the only reason I'm still alive is I had a vet buddy that checked on me one evening and found what I had done to my self, some days I am thankful other days I wish he didn't, everyday is different, I smile at work and people don't know what it like in my head but as soon as I get home it's different, I cry a lot don't eat or sleep and any emotionial encounter I could have is numb, I want help but the nearest va facility to me is over 100 miles away, I tried to go one day and can't ride in a car that long, I start to panic and pass out from anxiety, I wish there was an easier way to find help
IraqiVet

Modesto, CA

#108 Jan 16, 2013
Cool Hand Clem, I was in Iraq for 7 months. I endured pains and fears that no man who sits on his rear can understand. These bums fought and will experiences that you will never understand. Now apologize.

“We Are Family”

Level 8

Since: Aug 12

Here, There and Everywhere!

#109 Jan 17, 2013
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
What a bunch of bums!
Who put a burr under your saddle?
bum lol ur a joke

United States

#110 Mar 23, 2013
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
What a bunch of bums!
us war vets are bums im 100 % ptsd i here a loud noise i hit the deck lock and load. I have nightmares every night of the shit i had to do. I feel like a monster. And you wanna call us bums. I cant even go out into public places because of that shit. Your a joke and how dare you speak about a vet that way. Wish you were in mi so i could show you the shit we gotya gi threw...
stealth ninja

Magnolia, KY

#111 Mar 27, 2013
Marine Veteran wrote:
I have been seeing a counselor for 2 years due to PTSD issues, but have been denied disability over and over because I work. I work because I have to eat, but day to day tasks are becoming an issue. I won't go into detail, but getting 100% PTSD Disability seems impossible.
you need a lawyer.i havnt worked in over a year.my disability case is pending.i was told by an attorney earlier this month that our commander in chief sent all the disability judges tu florida last year to try cases down there.florida is obama .ky was a romney state .cause of that ky is 9 months behind in setteling disability cases.my case was suppose to be heard in january.thats what the attorney told me.we had a saying in the Army."hurry up and wait".

“speak your mind!”

Level 3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#112 Mar 31, 2013
thanks to all for your service! hope you all get better.hope you find your answers!
hmmmm

Sheridan, AR

#113 Apr 2, 2013
I would like to talk. I to have PTSD although not from combat. 6zero6 two7eight 3three7two text only please. I'm on 100% disability approved just recently. I feel as though I have no life at this point. I'm 39 yr old. Looking to find someone just to talk to. thanks.
Med Retired InfantryAaron wrote:
<quoted text>
I am at 100% disability for PTSD and as everyone else here just trying to figure out where to go from here. Life seems like hell everyday and I'm 28 and would still like to have an actually life again. And as I see in most posts here as well as my own VA is worthless, I also was stabbed in the right knee and had every ligament torn from another close combat incident in Fulujah. I would like the numbers you have for contacts that may help better. I just as most just want them to give us the help we need and get to were someone will give us a chance to work again and be able to take back the happiness and joy from life that most here I'm sure use to have before we spent those 3,4 or 5 tours for 15-18 months.
true soldier

Sacramento, CA

#115 Apr 20, 2013
Crazy Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to get diagnosed with PTSD. However, if you act crazy enough you'll eventually get it. I beat my wife a few times, got a few DUIs, went crazy on a few people including police officers and I got me a big montly check. Now I hang out at the gym, drink beers in the evening and got to counseling every once in a while to prove that I'm still crazy. Since I am almost 100% PTSD people expect me to act crazy so I get away with a few things. Don't give up and you'll get your check.
Your Are A Disgrace To Those Who Are Struggling To Survive And Thrive Despite This Debilitating Condition.
Mary

London, KY

#116 Apr 21, 2013
Get a Job!!!!!!!!!!
Jessie

Richmond, VA

#118 May 9, 2013
U people who are saying bums and panies are wrong and if u only knew the hell ptsd is on someone im not in military and have been diagnos with it do to stuff that happened when i was 14....i wish for ONLY one day u see the hurt and problems faced with this for u to know.....i cant work i cant shop im scared to let my daughter even go to my own parents how or her biological father house or anywhere without me i have nightmares and flash backs if someone touches my wrist......u have no right to say that yes there are people who falusifie and its ashame...but there are people who it affects their lives tremendously and are struggling and i have been fighting disability for 3u years now i am scared when i have tried to hold a job....theres not a day goes by that i haven't had fear and axiety and u have the nerve saying bums and panies how dare you....
Stealth ninja

Elkton, KY

#121 May 15, 2013
Maniac Hot Shot wrote:
<quoted text> Blahhh blahh blahhh another soft pillsbury crybaby you need to get your soft poptart eating tampon wearing butt squared away and stop living from the past. Just because your dad used to sneak in your room at night doesn't mean you get a free pass. That's what's wrong with America people just want to sit around and wait for stuff to come to them just because there's a possibility that they might get a free check. And they use any excuse to get it. You know what happened to you in the past is no excuse for being the slug that you are you need to tighten up start taking care business. Because nobody wants to take care have a fat whiny crybaby grown adult.
mabey u njoyed it when your daddy did it but it ain't no joke.its called rape.its called sodomy.ive worked with people like you that sit around at work and don't do nothin and get a check evry week while someone else does the work.i know your type.
Stealth ninja

Elkton, KY

#122 May 15, 2013
Jessie wrote:
U people who are saying bums and panies are wrong and if u only knew the hell ptsd is on someone im not in military and have been diagnos with it do to stuff that happened when i was 14....i wish for ONLY one day u see the hurt and problems faced with this for u to know.....i cant work i cant shop im scared to let my daughter even go to my own parents how or her biological father house or anywhere without me i have nightmares and flash backs if someone touches my wrist......u have no right to say that yes there are people who falusifie and its ashame...but there are people who it affects their lives tremendously and are struggling and i have been fighting disability for 3u years now i am scared when i have tried to hold a job....theres not a day goes by that i haven't had fear and axiety and u have the nerve saying bums and panies how dare you....
im sorry this happened to you.im married to someone for twenty years who just 3 years ago revealed to me that this had happened to her.the trouble is,he was still coming to our house and threatening harm to her me and our kids if she told.I ran the sob off the property.he does not and will not see my kids. I told them why. I told my wife that I understand her,and will stand by her always.
Stealth ninja

Elkton, KY

#125 May 16, 2013
Maniac Hot Shot wrote:
Poor baby has to work hard waaahhhhhhhh waaaahhhhh. I bet you are known for being a crybaby by other employees at your job
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
no.i actually am in charge of terminating those kinds of people's employment from our company as well as hiring replacements and firing smarta$$es.your other posts gave me a clue,seen Bigfoot lately?
Stealth ninja

Elkton, KY

#128 May 17, 2013
I don't know you and don't want to either.youre a suck bag and the only word you know seems to be waaaah wwwwaaaaaahhhhh.i ain't talking either I'm typing just so you know the difference.you are nothing but a little kid.thats why I have to keep the insults to a minimum.
Stealth ninja

Elkton, KY

#129 May 18, 2013
Yea I'm messed up in my head from military service,I'm suffer from PTSD and I'm proud.
BJC

Monaca, PA

#132 May 30, 2013
Hate FT campbell wrote:
I Have been diagnosed with ptsd with major depression, ive been doing my claim for 2 years now. i would have been paid by now but i missed my appointment for my ratings. i think its very easy to get 100% disability rating. i dont know mine yet but im almost certian its 100%
Yea, you are what is wrong with our nation. People who need it can't get it and people who know how to "act" get it all.
David

Concord, CA

#133 Jun 5, 2013
Ptsd is one of the most rehabilitable disorders? Really... You are an idiot
patriot games

Elkton, KY

#134 Jun 5, 2013
I tore my right bicep muscle loose at the shoulder years ago in the army,broke my right ankle,had a fifty cal.fall on my left knee,a truck wheel on my right knee and had two surgeries to repair my left ear from a live fire explosion.i also suffered a broken wrist and have ptsd.i dont sleep at night because im concerned that someone could break in.my gun is under my pillow.i made door props out of heavy lumber to bar the doors at night.ive been denied disability twice already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 8 min Hatti_Hollerand 22,783
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 132,146
KY Senator Vows to End Somerset Gas Sales 3 hr DagasssMan 48
Need Birthday Party room to rent (May '10) 6 hr Blah blah 11
Gas prices 7 hr Knowitall9 28
Phone Scammers 8 hr vet 3
t mobile 8 hr i care 2
Somerset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Somerset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Somerset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Somerset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"