Major News Story Ignored By CJ

Posted in the Somerset Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
National News

United States

#1 May 15, 2013
On 271 occasions between January 2007 and January 2012, Robinson said he examined 50 or more patients in a day, the lawsuit said. On 11 of those days, Robinson claimed he saw more than 100 patients, according to the complaint, which was filed Monday.

In the last six months of 2008, Robinson submitted more claims to Medicaid and Medicare than any other optometrist in the nation, the complaint said.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/05/14/2640154/so...

I guess our local paper would rather not report anything negative about our privileged ones. How do they skip stuff like this?
reader

London, KY

#2 May 15, 2013
I dunno...they skewered Dr. Priddle and Dr. Drake when they got in hot water. Maybe that was a different editor then, I dunno. Maybe you should call them? Maybe they haven't got wind of it.
sportssucks

London, KY

#5 May 15, 2013
I think the sports section is horrible...one typo per paragraph. It hasn't been any good for years.
want to know

Lexington, KY

#12 May 16, 2013
also heard about a stabbing at bowling alley a few days ago. cops and ambulance were there. didn't see nothing in the paper about that either.
urbanlegend

London, KY

#13 May 16, 2013
If it happened, it probably would have been in the paper, on Lexington news or both.
want to know

Brodhead, KY

#15 May 19, 2013
It did happen. 2 men went to the hospital.
Hop-A-Long

Middlesboro, KY

#16 May 19, 2013
With this eye Dr. ripping off the government, RECKON that's one reason our taxes are so high?
urbanlegend

London, KY

#17 May 19, 2013
If it happened, call them and tell them about it.
NOT CH

Somerset, KY

#23 May 23, 2013
Obviously, 'Somerset' has something personal against the newspaper. Perhaps he would like to share....
QBIC

Corbin, KY

#24 May 23, 2013
Well i think Mr Rogers keeps a lot hid in this county
Hallllll

Somerset, KY

#25 May 23, 2013
It's a wonderful day in his neighborhood.
somerset

Pineville, KY

#26 May 23, 2013
Only thing i have against the paper? They are against any local news. Have the same stories over and over again, how many freaking times are we going to hear about the lake or a new liquor store that's going to open ? I don't even mind the misspelling , but when a buy a newspaper i would like to be able to read about things going on in our community the good and the bad. I am sorry but we all know by now that the lake is being raised and we are wet and new places are opening up, that stuff is obvious, its the stuff that we don't know we want to read about.
Stealth ninja

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 May 23, 2013
Anything not covered in the local paper you can bet ol topics has got it covered.we have the best investigative reporters anywhere no doubt!
hearsay

London, KY

#29 May 23, 2013
Topix has an advantage over real media because you can say anything about anybody, whether it's true or not!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#30 May 24, 2013
hearsay wrote:
Topix has an advantage over real media because you can say anything about anybody, whether it's true or not!
Only iffen it's at least 50% gospel truth and verified by 2 town drunks -
ProudUnitarian

Versailles, KY

#31 May 24, 2013
Doing any actual reporting is hard work. Plus taking a stand is likely to offend the people who pay big bucks for their highpriced ads.

Notice that you never hear anyhing factual about the company (Columbia spinout Lifepoint) that owns the hospital? Not to even mention the negative facts and there is plenty to negative news to report.

The CJ a rag only fit to wrap fish.
somerset wrote:
Only thing i have against the paper? They are against any local news. Have the same stories over and over again, how many freaking times are we going to hear about the lake or a new liquor store that's going to open ? I don't even mind the misspelling , but when a buy a newspaper i would like to be able to read about things going on in our community the good and the bad. I am sorry but we all know by now that the lake is being raised and we are wet and new places are opening up, that stuff is obvious, its the stuff that we don't know we want to read about.
lcrh

Somerset, KY

#34 May 24, 2013
What makes you an expert on the hospital then?
ProudUnitarian

Versailles, KY

#35 May 24, 2013
Watching so many friends and family receive horrific so-called care and suffer unecessarily there.

Having a good Science based education so I can read and think for myself. Thank God and Evolution its getting harder and harder to fool people who don't want to be fooled.

Doing research like reading national newspapers and newsmagasines, reading books about healthcare (disease exploitation)like The Accountable, and researching databases about healthcare in America.

lcrh wrote:
What makes you an expert on the hospital then?
hicks

Somerset, KY

#36 May 24, 2013
I'm glad everyone is an expert on how to run a hospital, or how to run a newspaper. Most of you are on welfare and have never worked a day in your life anyway.
reader

Somerset, KY

#37 May 24, 2013
You're educated? Now you have fooled me.:/
ProudUnitarian wrote:
Watching so many friends and family receive horrific so-called care and suffer unecessarily there.
Having a good Science based education so I can read and think for myself. Thank God and Evolution its getting harder and harder to fool people who don't want to be fooled.
Doing research like reading national newspapers and newsmagasines, reading books about healthcare (disease exploitation)like The Accountable, and researching databases about healthcare in America.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min usa 153,534
Drug problem (Apr '15) 51 min real cold facts 33
anyone know this guy 1 hr Summer 3
Coach Dale Anderson (Oct '11) 1 hr But but 840
Autistic Son Late night Tantrums 2 hr Weekeewakee 4
21 year old woman dating 45 year old man? 5 hr Just saying 18
Stay out of fountain. 5 hr Just saying 51
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 33,104

Somerset Jobs

More from around the web