Grassley: Baucus Retiring Because He'...

Grassley: Baucus Retiring Because He's 'Fed Up' With Obamacare

There are 5 comments on the National Review Online story from May 11, 2013, titled Grassley: Baucus Retiring Because He's 'Fed Up' With Obamacare. In it, National Review Online reports that:

Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Democratic senator Max Baucus is retiring because he is "fed up" with the Affordable Care Act, according to his Republican colleague Chuck Grassley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Review Online.

What

Saint Louis, MO

#1 May 11, 2013
I'd say it's because he knows he'd never win re-election.
Dave Burton

Dudley, NC

#3 May 12, 2013
I think Grassley was speculating, or maybe joking. I don't think Baucus has actually said that he's fed up or worried about a train wreck w/r/t ObamaCare. (He should, but I don't think Baucus is that smart.)

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 May 12, 2013
Baucus is finally on the right track.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2...

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#5 May 12, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Baucus is finally on the right track.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2...
Now a couple of hundred others need to get on that same track.
A New Study

Anaheim, CA

#6 May 12, 2013
Judy Matott asked Baucus if he would work to improve Libby's image, and then asked him and Sebelius, "if either of you read the health care bill before it was passed and if not, that is the most despicable, irresponsible thing."

Baucus replied that if Libby residents assembled an economic development plan, he would do what he could to help, and he took credit for "essentially" writing the health care bill that passed the Senate.

"I don't think you want me to waste my time to read every page of the health care bill. You know why? It's statutory language," Baucus said. "We hire experts."

A comment from Baucus spokeswoman Erin Shields:

Senator Baucus wrote the bill that passed the Finance Committee and then worked with his colleagues to write the health care bill that is law today. He has spent years crafting this policy and hundreds of hours reading and perfecting it. There is simply no question that he understands the provisions in the health care law and knows it is a historic improvement that will make our health care system more affordable and accessible for families in Montana and across America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Solon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it illegal for a 16 year old to be dating a ... May 19 Booboo2019 1
The Jerry Shey Family May 10 Tim Shey 1
Brian Oldham (Nov '10) May 10 Person 16
News Andre' Bernier (Jun '10) May 4 Dawn Fairbee 24
Free Moshi Monster Accounts (Jun '12) Apr '17 Lori 108
Trump - Working Class Hero? Mar '17 Tmacc 2
News In Iowa, more constituents flood a GOP town hal... Mar '17 Larry Craig s WC ... 13

Solon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Solon Mortgages