Woman convicted of killing her baby i...

Woman convicted of killing her baby in Pompano gets 13 years in...

There are 5 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 19, 2008, titled Woman convicted of killing her baby in Pompano gets 13 years in.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Adopted at 3 days old. Raped at 10. A shamed pregnancy and abortion at 15. Those were the events that shaped Ashley Truitt's life before she again became pregnant at 17, hid the pregnancy and gave birth in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Spoiler

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Dec 19, 2008
What’s the relevance of her grandparents death and that she was adopted or raped at 10? Am I supposed to have sympathy for her? She killed a baby and only got 13 years? Let me guess, she is white. Whatever happened to that first pregnancy? Also, what happened to that other White girl in Tamarac that gave birth and dumped the baby in a waterway? What’s the difference between what they did and what Lionel Tate did? All 3 of them murdered a child.
sara

Homestead, FL

#2 Dec 19, 2008
and what is your point?
Horace

Powder Springs, GA

#3 Dec 19, 2008
"Adopted at 3 days old. Raped at 10. A shamed pregnancy and abortion at 15."

In 3rd grade, I was taught these were sentence fragments, and not complete sentences. Is this what they teach at "journalism" school?

One must assume (and we all know what happens when we assume) these were placed in the story for dramatic effect, and also to elicit sympathy for a person who deliberately dropped a defenseless infant down a garbage chute like a piece of household trash.

Does it matter what happened in her life? Despite how she grew up, evil is still evil.
naughty or nice

Hollywood, FL

#5 Dec 19, 2008
13years isn't enough.If her mother knew about a pregnacy at 15 yrs old,why didn't the mother make sure daughter was on the depo shot?She knew she was sexualy active.And if the mother suspected the 2nd pregnacy,then why didn't she make her take a test or take her to the doctor.
Ignorance Central

Hollywood, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2009
All the black babymammas should consider doing this to the chilluns they can't (won't, don't) take care of.

Call me what you will, but I am just looking at the bigger picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Solon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contract worker dies in accident at Cedar Rapid... (Jul '12) Aug '17 Josh 4
News President Trump revels in GOP's success: 'Peopl... Jul '17 Retribution 46
Is it illegal for a 16 year old to be dating a ... Jun '17 Deerhntr12 2
Corn Stand (Aug '10) Sep '15 Zachary Carr 3
News Iowa City Fire Department Responds to Blaze (Nov '14) Nov '14 Elise Gingerich 1
News Solon storms to 2A title game (Nov '06) Nov '14 Elise Gingerich 2
Review: Alicia's Sirius Styling (Jan '10) Apr '14 samantha 4

Solon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Solon Mortgages