Carol

Baltimore, MD

#1 Apr 28, 2006
The new look of the Tiki Bar is awesome! But the County wants the sand and statues and palm trees removed! I think they should leave it the way it is. It is a BIG improvement over what was there before. Save the Tiki Bar!
Rose Baltimore MD

Baltimore, MD

#2 Apr 28, 2006
Calvert County Government is demanding the NEW owners of the Tiki Bar to remove all the new improvements of sand, palm trees and statutes from the new courtyard. All this was a significant improvement over what the old place looked like. I've posted everyone I can think of to save this wonderful improvement to Solomons Island and have started an e-mail campaign. If you are displeased with with the government and want to help the Tiki Bar please contact your local commissioners and voice your displeasure at these e-mail addresses, and please feel free to copy the Tiki Bar too. The e-mail addresses are
Wilson Parran parranwh@co.cal.md.us
Linda Kelley kelleyll@co.cal.md.us
David Hale haledf@co.cal.md.us
Susan Shaw shaws@co.cal.md.us
Tiki Bar info@ptholdings.net
Thanks for your time in helping promote the tourism of Solomons Island by keeping effective improvments.
Susan

Baltimore, MD

#3 Apr 28, 2006
I think it is great. The statues make the place one of a kind, I have never seen them anywhere elce before. I think they will attract more people to the island. *They should leave the Tiki Bar Alone*
Len and Leanne

Troy, MI

#4 Apr 28, 2006
We couldn't make it to the big opening but finally got over there Sunday. The change is wonderful. I felt it to be a much safer and more comfortable environment. I love the seating and the trees, the tiki god is a real "must see". We both love it and we want the county to KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Solomons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plaza Books - Adult Outlet Apr 28 Temiller914 1
The Ranch Club (Nov '13) Apr '18 Enforcement 10
Noodles and company Mar '18 Curious 3
News Surviving job loss can be all attitude (Jan '10) Mar '18 WTH 2
News US surgeons remove donated kidney through vagina (Feb '09) Mar '18 WTH 3
Review: Previti Marine Surveyors & Consultants Inc (Mar '14) Dec '14 billstacy 3
James Adams Floating Theatre (Oct '13) Oct '13 KP in CB 1

Solomons Jobs

Personal Finance

Solomons Mortgages