Police arrest 13 at Soledad gang member's home

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Thirteen people were arrested and two guns were seized by police at the home of a paroled Norteno gang member Sunday morning in Soledad.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Random Thought

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Of course those females are not going to press charges, it's part of the vicious cycle of abuse in this culture.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

No your telling me these little angels we keep feeing are Criminals. After Arizona does its thing I think all the governors should become 1 and protect the state and follow suit.GO ARIZONA. You can run but you cant hide
Dogbert Rosco

Moss Landing, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

The growing season is over in Arazona.
There here now.
From now till september its just the gangbangers in AZ.
I hope the girls are happy in there new schools,
because they shurly will not see daylight in the Salinas valley. Im just happy it isnt my daughter mixing it up with armed twiker gangbangers.
Send more guns to mexico, stop the problem at the sourse.
High on speed and fully armed, Oh boy!Party!
JCE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Now we'll hear comments about how they're trying to turn their life around.
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Jack wrote:
No your telling me these little angels we keep feeing are Criminals. After Arizona does its thing I think all the governors should become 1 and protect the state and follow suit.GO ARIZONA. You can run but you cant hide
These gang members were Nortenos. That alone, let's me know that they were born "on this side". As a matter of fact, a lot of Nortenos come from parents who are US citizens.

The gang problem in California isn't a "Mexican" problem. It's a family-problem. These punks don't have the strong family unit to fend off a disposition prone to "gang affiliation."

I was born and raised in Soledad and thank God my family unit was such that I didn't take the path so many of my friends did.
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

johnny wrote:
most if not all were illegals or the kids of illegals. lets deport them all or atleast give them hard labor in prison. that will curb alot of this bs.!!!!
Wrong. See my previous quote.
chuck

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Good police work!
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

i agree wrote:
I agree with my fellow 3 posters! Illegals need to go home! Stop poluting our streets and children with your criminal behavior!
I agree. Illegals need to go home. If you're not here, legally, you're breaking the law already.

BUT, a lot of these punks were born to US citizens.

Gangs aren't a "illegal" problem. Mind you, there are white supremacist gangs in Salinas, Monterey, Carmel Valley, Castroville, etc who sell meth to people and commit a lot of the sex crimes in this county. Those punks are US-born and white.

Gangs are a family-problem.
RICHARD

Seaside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

hard labor in prison are you kidding...no such thing....take away visits,take away tv,take away buying canteen,make them pay for their own medical not just 5 dollars for major reconstructive nose job because he got it broken assulting someone, out of prison. then maybe just maybe they will think about the crime they are about to do...
No Pity Here

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a racist.
Read post # 12.

Lo mismo para te.

Read todays Californian about the pedophile who raped the three year old child. What's that all about ? Another one of those "cultural" misunderstanding thingy's like they had in Greenfield ?
No Common Sense

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

They think they have to stay with them. Why? We don't know.
Random Thought wrote:
Of course those females are not going to press charges, it's part of the vicious cycle of abuse in this culture.
BIN-LADIN

Chula Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

IDIOTS!!! "LAUGHING INSIDE A CAVE ROASTING CHESTNUTS"
Ms Smith

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Soledad's finest ladies.. and gentlemen... and of course the main point.. "if the party was in celebration of a special occasion". What a fine community and great reporting !
annoyed of ignorant ppl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

You ppl are stupid...these guys are not illegals and half of them don't even speak spanish. Get your info straight before you start accusing Illegal immigrants of everything.
1cookiesmart

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

I always thought if evidence of an assault took place, police can file charges regardless of the willingness, or not of the assaulted.

In fact I think it's State Law where domestic violence is suspected.
NorCal

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

If you are convicted of being in a violent gang and gang violent crimes- why not just have the penalty a loss of citizenship in this country. Why don't they just put the Norteno's and Sorenos and MM and NF and all the gangs on a secluded Island- there are several and blockaid it...that way the inhabitants are stuck on thi island. Just drop them food and water, no TV, no outside contact, and let them figure out how to survive. After a few years where none of these @##!!! return, maybe these gangbangers will figure out prison isn't a badge of honor. Sacrafice the few that can possibly be rehabilitated to rid this world of these killers. Maybe then the parents will ingrain in these monster at an early age that crime doesn't pay and they will ensure their children grow up as responsible members of society.
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

No Pity Here wrote:
<quoted text>Read post # 12.
Lo mismo para te.
Read todays Californian about the pedophile who raped the three year old child. What's that all about ? Another one of those "cultural" misunderstanding thingy's like they had in Greenfield ?
Sorry bud, I don't speak Spanish.

I read that article and think that guy should fry. But what's it got to do with this story.

(U R Off Topic)
Bull Excrement

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

NorCal wrote:
If you are convicted of being in a violent gang and gang violent crimes- why not just have the penalty a loss of citizenship in this country. Why don't they just put the Norteno's and Sorenos and MM and NF and all the gangs on a secluded Island- there are several and blockaid it...that way the inhabitants are stuck on thi island. Just drop them food and water, no TV, no outside contact, and let them figure out how to survive. After a few years where none of these @##!!! return, maybe these gangbangers will figure out prison isn't a badge of honor. Sacrafice the few that can possibly be rehabilitated to rid this world of these killers. Maybe then the parents will ingrain in these monster at an early age that crime doesn't pay and they will ensure their children grow up as responsible members of society.
What are you gonna do with all the white-Aryan Brotherhood and Black Gorilla Family gangs?
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

chuck wrote:
Good police work!
Indeed. I live down the street and I didn't know anything happened until that morning.
Wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

RICHARD wrote:
hard labor in prison are you kidding...no such thing....take away visits,take away tv,take away buying canteen,make them pay for their own medical not just 5 dollars for major reconstructive nose job because he got it broken assulting someone, out of prison. then maybe just maybe they will think about the crime they are about to do...
You are EXACTLY correct.

You must work there too.:)

That's why our State is in such a bind right now. Especially with Healthcare. Need an MRI, you'll get it tomorrow and for no more than $5. Get in a riot fight, you'll get locked up, but you'll still get 2 hots, a cot, and be able to spend $45 in canteen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Soledad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 min standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 min marching banded 15,931
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 min staples closing 200,599
Review: First Security Services 2 hr Angello Campbell 4
FBI raid in Seaside linked to Christina William... (Sep '09) 12 hr meg828r 13
Two survive shooting Sunday in King CityTwo sur... Tue kcbornandraised 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901

Search the Soledad Forum:
•••
•••
Soledad Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Soledad Jobs