Police briefs

There are 18 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Nov 15, 2010, titled Police briefs. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

AGreenfield man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of carjacking and kidnaping after he allegedly forced a Hollister man to drive him from Hollister to Soledad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

taxpayer

Monterey, CA

#1 Nov 15, 2010
pebble beach security must do something about getting access to the gates...they must stop every person and Demand more security..we will pay more if it is presented to us. This will help cut down on the losers getting in.

Go after the contractors who play a huge factor in our problems

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#3 Nov 15, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
pebble beach security must do something about getting access to the gates...they must stop every person and Demand more security..we will pay more if it is presented to us. This will help cut down on the losers getting in.
Go after the contractors who play a huge factor in our problems
It's the contractors? Then by all means keep the contractors out. You should have absolutely no problem doing whatever work needs to be done all by yourself. And the added benefit is that it will save you boatloads of money.

Apparently, anyone who enters through the Pebble Beach gates is a loser if they don't live there....
Michelle

Pacific Grove, CA

#4 Nov 15, 2010
sunnycali wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the contractors? Then by all means keep the contractors out. You should have absolutely no problem doing whatever work needs to be done all by yourself. And the added benefit is that it will save you boatloads of money.
Apparently, anyone who enters through the Pebble Beach gates is a loser if they don't live there....
Too funny... I think we may all be getting jittery now that the problems across our boarder are becoming ours. Pebble Beach is a lovely place that should be shared! No matter where you go on the planet, no matter how lovely or "safe", one will always experience an element that is undesireable - that's just reality...look at the glass half full!
Kevin

Monterey, CA

#5 Nov 15, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
pebble beach security must do something about getting access to the gates...they must stop every person and Demand more security..we will pay more if it is presented to us. This will help cut down on the losers getting in.
Go after the contractors who play a huge factor in our problems
I almost thought it could've been Tom Polacci...
bill

Salinas, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
pebble beach security must do something about getting access to the gates...they must stop every person and Demand more security..we will pay more if it is presented to us. This will help cut down on the losers getting in.
Go after the contractors who play a huge factor in our problems
Probably her neighbor!
Ralph

Rohnert Park, CA

#8 Nov 15, 2010
No place is immune. If somebody wanted to go in there and do that, they would get in and do it no matter how stiff security was.
JohnnyOnTheSpot

Sierra Vista, AZ

#9 Nov 16, 2010
More illegals or former illegals doing crimes. ICE needs to do a full sweep of Salinas, which is nothing more these days than an underground railroad and sanctuary city for illegals.
NBF

United States

#11 Nov 16, 2010
I am extremely upset by this report which contains almost NO information. Furthermore, the Sheriff's crime report says it took place on FRIDAY, not Saturday. This kind of lazy reporting is inexcusable. A woman was attacked inside her home! Why can't we get a decent report to help protect the citizens in the future?
What time exactly did the attack take place?
If the police arrived at 7:00 that does not tell us much.
Was the man Caucasian, African American, Asian, Hispanic?
I do not think it is wise to assume, or put energy into some idea that it was a contractor. I may have been a completely random freak trolling the neighborhood. There are MANY sad examples of Clean Cut Caucasian attackers.
I want more information and this note is directed at the Editors of this paper with a plea for a decent report on this crime. IF he is not caught he will do this again. The press is there to assist the public in these matters. Please help.
Kevin

Monterey, CA

#12 Nov 16, 2010
^ It's the Herald, what do you expect?

If news got out there might be a maniac attacker (that isn't Pollaci) loose in Pebble it might hurt tourism ($$$) so of course they aren't going to go into detail.
benn murray

New Cuyama, CA

#13 Nov 16, 2010
NBF wrote:
I am extremely upset by this report which contains almost NO information. Furthermore, the Sheriff's crime report says it took place on FRIDAY, not Saturday. This kind of lazy reporting is inexcusable. A woman was attacked inside her home! Why can't we get a decent report to help protect the citizens in the future?
What time exactly did the attack take place?
If the police arrived at 7:00 that does not tell us much.
Was the man Caucasian, African American, Asian, Hispanic?
I do not think it is wise to assume, or put energy into some idea that it was a contractor. I may have been a completely random freak trolling the neighborhood. There are MANY sad examples of Clean Cut Caucasian attackers.
I want more information and this note is directed at the Editors of this paper with a plea for a decent report on this crime. IF he is not caught he will do this again. The press is there to assist the public in these matters. Please help.
You left out Native American. But of course, we are constantly being forgotten and discrininated against. Have a nice day.
taxpayer

Monterey, CA

#14 Nov 16, 2010
i am not saying that pebble beach deserves more scrutiny than other communities but this pebble beach company MUST start taking this more seriously...they simply wave people through and if it can be shown that this person gained access without proper entrance...go after pebble beach company.

every evening you see drug dealing going on around the birdrock area and most of them seem to be contractors based on their truck logos.

revamp the entire entrance requirement system pebble beach company (clint eastwood) or face many future legal issues in the future
NBF

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2010
what is the point of this Native American comment? obviously this report is lacking in information. including the fact that the sheriff reports that it took place on friday, not saturday. so when did it happen?

i am sorry if you find this racist, but NO information is worse than possibly insulting someone who is freaked out by the fact that we are all different and this is part of a description of a person, not profiling for employment--- if he was African American that would be important information, and if he was Caucasian that would be important information. "A brown eyed six foot male." is too vague. i am sorry if you were insulted, but i can guess you are not worried about your own safety-- or trying to catch this person before they do it again.
NBF

United States

#16 Nov 16, 2010
Kevin wrote:
^ It's the Herald, what do you expect?
If news got out there might be a maniac attacker (that isn't Pollaci) loose in Pebble it might hurt tourism ($$$) so of course they aren't going to go into detail.
Oh dear, too bad about the Herald. There was a similar crime in San Francisco two weeks ago. At least the police had a composite sketch released to the papers within hours. They have someone in custody now. A lazy press does not help matters.
Mike

Salinas, CA

#17 Nov 17, 2010
benn murray wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out Native American. But of course, we are constantly being forgotten and discrininated against. Have a nice day.
You're starting to sound a bit like Charles Barkley..
nonamerequired

Monterey, CA

#19 Nov 17, 2010
Kevin wrote:
^ It's the Herald, what do you expect?
If news got out there might be a maniac attacker (that isn't Pollaci) loose in Pebble it might hurt tourism ($$$) so of course they aren't going to go into detail.
VERY well put....must not tarnish the Carmel/Pebble area with the real news..and out paper being The Herald of course it will be of poor content...have we not grown to expect nothing better from them.
Ben

Marina, CA

#20 Nov 19, 2010
The herald is the biggest pice of shit newspaper out there! I live in PB and I told the carrier if he throws another free paper in mt driveway I'll call the sherrif on him for littering.
That being said, we pay an awful lot in property taxes here to keep crap like this from happening. Do you HEAR me PB security?
Maggie

Marina, CA

#21 Nov 26, 2010
The story made the police reports in the Pine Cone. The rapist WAS identified as hispanic. Duh!
NBF

United States

#22 Dec 11, 2010
There has been another reported rape in Pebble Beach, of a 14 year old girl. Nothing in the papers. This is outrageous.
Date of Report: 12/6/2010
Time of Report: 15:37
Deputy Name: Dominguez, Gustavo
Report Number: 07999-10
Charges: 289(a)(1) PC, 243.4 PC
Suspect Arrested Y/N: No
Arrestee: None
Location: 17 Mile Drive Pebble Beach, Ca
Synopsis: 14 year old victim was sexually assaulted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soledad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Wears Muslim Dress? 14 hr Govmt Insider News 1
Salinas Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) 17 hr Fil 3
Lying Cheat Curtis Kipling "Kip" Myers May 2 Bonnie 8
soledad does not need a movie theater (Feb '07) Apr 29 Idunnoanymore 5
Review: First Security Services (May '14) Apr '17 Lewis Thomas 37
News Police briefs: Beaten body found on Old Stage Road (Dec '09) Apr '17 replying to idiots 15
News Glendale police vow not to enforce federal immi... Apr '17 ZPM Power 1

Soledad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Soledad Mortgages