What to do if you're caught in a shooting situation - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage 8
As the Soldotna and India mass shooting scenes came into Alaskans' living rooms, the question comes in time for one of the biggest shopping days of the year: would you know what to do if you found yourself in a ... Full Story
steve

Soldotna, AK

#1 Nov 27, 2008
Not much info here, and they say think like a police officer RUN AWAY... How about pull your own leagel weapon and protect your self and others while the police are running away.
Jim Johnson

Anchorage, AK

#2 Nov 28, 2008
What to do if caught in a shooting? Very simple, shoot back. If every dirtbag criminal was met in this way there would be no more crime.

“LOOK!”

Since: Aug 08

Anchorage

#4 Nov 28, 2008
Ho De DOO wrote:
<quoted text> That's what the CCW is for. Shoot back and don't miss.
Never leave home without it.
Ho De DOO wrote:
<quoted text> That's what the CCW is for. Shoot back and don't miss.
Never leave home without it.
I seriously doubt employees are allowed to carry in the hospital. Most hospitals here in Anchorage have child care facilities in them and some type of social work going on so it would be illegal to carry concealed anyways.
Darkrifle

Anchorage, AK

#5 Nov 28, 2008
Learn how to shoot and arm yourself... watch your 'background' ... don't want to be shooting at elementary schools such as in the Felber case... other than that Officer Parker is right.
OBAMA

Anchorage, AK

#6 Nov 29, 2008
Just be cool, call 911,
and hope you dont bleed to death
before help gets to you!
Pat Wilson

Wasilla, AK

#7 Nov 30, 2008
I have watched numerous films with shooters. I think that I would crumple on the ground and become a rock. I do not recall shooters reshooting victims. To become a fake wounded seems more of a posibility than being a moving target. I can play dead a lot longer than I can hide.

Let us all pray to God that we never have to activate these plans.
Kwetcipenes

Anchorage, AK

#8 Dec 1, 2008
I don't know about you but since living on the East Coast for quite a while, hitting the floor and not moving has been the safest means of survival that has stood the test of time; for me, anyway.
Dump Obama

Hinesville, GA

#9 Dec 1, 2008
OBAMA wrote:
Just be cool, call 911,
and hope you dont bleed to death
to death before help gets to you!
You will bleed to death waiting for help after you call 911. Their comes a time when you have to take care of your self. That's what a CCW is for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soldotna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikiski Music Thread (May '12) Nov 29 Musikologist 16
Why do women like fashion? Nov '14 fionana 1
New Swim Instructor in Ninilchik? Nov '14 Thrilled 2
Daniel S Sullivan… LIES, LIES and MORE LIES…wan... Oct '14 Worried voter 1
Adams/Hundley/Jividen (Jun '14) Aug '14 Zara 2
Review: Andrea Trescott MD Jul '14 Umm FIFO 1
Air, ground search for Alaska family of 4 expands Jul '14 Zara 1
Soldotna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web