First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angie

Charleston, WV

#1 Mar 25, 2009
I live on Ivy Mountain and a lot of people drive this mountain to go 4-wheeling or buggying around the ridge. However, for some reason people are starting to throw their trash out on the hill. Please do not do this as we love our mountain and do not want to see your trash laying all over the sides of the road when we come up and down the mountain.

Also, remember when you are flying on the hill and the county road that people do actually live up there and are traveling the hill and county road a lot. Please slow down and have a little respect for us.
woody

Charleston, WV

#2 May 20, 2009
Hey; You are right.I have rode up and over the mountain and some people don't respect anything.
I have moved here because it is like a new world here quiet and peaceful. not a rat race. The Crime Watch does work
People have been fined for there trash,but you never see anything put in the paper.It is a shame that some people that come from work pitch there trash out the windows as they come off 119 of the mornings.
1 post removed
scott roberts

Lerona, WV

#4 Aug 20, 2010
who gives a shit about a little bit of trash!!!
Anonymous

AOL

#5 Dec 6, 2010
Angie wrote:
I live on Ivy Mountain and a lot of people drive this mountain to go 4-wheeling or buggying around the ridge. However, for some reason people are starting to throw their trash out on the hill. Please do not do this as we love our mountain and do not want to see your trash laying all over the sides of the road when we come up and down the mountain.
Also, remember when you are flying on the hill and the county road that people do actually live up there and are traveling the hill and county road a lot. Please slow down and have a little respect for us.
Angie I am sure the narrow road and the trash is a nuisiance, that is the reason our area should consider the offer of bringing in the Hatfield and Mccoy trail. They would widen the road, keep it clear in winter, patrol for trash and speed and also grow our community with development of motels and resturants on the corridor g but nobody seems to want that because they would have to abide by the law and not litter and drink and drive in Ivy.
1 post removed
josh

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 12, 2010
do u want to pay to ride dumbass i donty and i wont hatfieldand mccoy would never work in ivy. and i bet on that
josh

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 12, 2010
all and yes the dang trash is nonscence its totally bs.
NY Hatfield McCoy Rider

Ansted, WV

#9 Dec 20, 2010
I heard rumors about this Ivy place being made into a Hatfield McCoy trail. I can't wait we will have another trail to ride safely. So sad about illiterate local rednecks trashing the place up. I hope the trail comes soon to stop this. The people who trash it are to cheap to buy a permit to ride. I do hope they change the name of that trail. Ivy sounds old fashioned and hickish. I think Rhododendron Glades would sound nice and sophisticated for your out of state clients of your trail system.
big baby jesus

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 21, 2010
the trail ain't coming bitch. i can't wait for what ppl will do to you if it does come. yeah right, you aren't from new york.

“Good Times...”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Dec 21, 2010
big baby jesus wrote:
the trail ain't coming bitch. i can't wait for what ppl will do to you if it does come. yeah right, you aren't from new york.
do you sound this ignorant in real life or just on the online?
big baby jesus

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 21, 2010
just online. no one wants the trail here. we don't want to pay for outsiders to ride our trails. weekend warriors who have never been in the woods. like those douchebag lawyer's who put on a leather jacket and pretend their bikers on the weekend
NY Hatfield McCoy Rider

Ansted, WV

#13 Dec 21, 2010
big baby jesus wrote:
just online. no one wants the trail here. we don't want to pay for outsiders to ride our trails. weekend warriors who have never been in the woods. like those douchebag lawyer's who put on a leather jacket and pretend their bikers on the weekend
It doesn't matter what you want. Us "out of staters" support your economy and your elected officials know this. So we want trails and this Ivy place sounds idea. So I think our friends in WV government can help us get it. I will contact several of my NY representatives as well, and let them know that if WV wants pork money, then we want trails down their to ride. Me and my buddies from New York love coming down their riding the trails and having fun. The local girls are a fun distraction from our work weeks in New York as well. So in the future, if you want to ride on the Rhododendron Glades trail system you cheap skates will have to pay. I love this concept, as it keeps undesirables off the trail system.
Anonymous

AOL

#14 Feb 1, 2011
Has anyone heard anymore about Ivy being part of the HMT? I heard the landowners are very upset with people cutting (or should I say stealing) their timber.. Do you people realize that is their bak account you are dipping tinto? It is the same as going and taking money out of their pockets.
I believe the only ones that don't want to see it happen are the free loaders, the partiers, theives and if you can afford a 4wheeler, beer and dope then you can afford a 26.50 yearly pass. I think it would be a free way for the land owner to have their place cleaned up.
icare

Charleston, WV

#15 Feb 8, 2011
i have been going to ivy since i could walk and its just about my favorite place to be on a summer day. i cant imagine going there without having any freedom. we would be forced to pay strangers to make rules we have to follow. its places like ivy that make me want to live in wv. there is nothing like it and if HM takes over, there will be plenty just like it. i agree about the trash, but HM is not the answer.
Concerned Country Girl

Charleston, WV

#16 Feb 13, 2011
Mr. New York..seriously ...we are a distraction? Bless yor heart...We can not only look pretty but most of us who live near IVY would never travel on a road with a name like Rhododendron Glades.. WE like our men and road tough and hard to climb...If we wanted to just drive around on a widened path without difficulty we would come vist your NY. The hatfield and mccoy trail has done nothing but pad the pocket of local county commissioners and higher state officals..If the HMT were what they say they are we would embrace them with strong loving arms..(you know the ones that run a trout line or shovel coal to keep your lights on... We do not need you or any other insider or outsider to show us how to treat mother nature like the lady she is... The trash is not the only nuisance on the trail if HMT comes in...If you are a REAL rider/crawler/mudder then Why oh Why would you need someone to show you the trail?? Wouldn't you just find it like our fathers did so long ago...I remember spending my Saturdays and Sunday making trails and climbs by marking them with tape along the tree path with my Dad eons ago..Really concerned for your safety if you aren't man enough to do this on your own...Maybe you should stay in the NYC where your main concern is muggers and drive bys... Here we have hard core terrian and WILD animals in the forest not homeless people!! Please remember that a helmet isn't the only safety gear required!!! Stay safe and stay in NYC!!
Concerned Country Girl

Charleston, WV

#17 Feb 13, 2011
NY Hatfield McCoy Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what you want. Us "out of staters" support your economy and your elected officials know this. So we want trails and this Ivy place sounds idea. So I think our friends in WV government can help us get it. I will contact several of my NY representatives as well, and let them know that if WV wants pork money, then we want trails down their to ride. Me and my buddies from New York love coming down their riding the trails and having fun. The local girls are a fun distraction from our work weeks in New York as well. So in the future, if you want to ride on the Rhododendron Glades trail system you cheap skates will have to pay. I love this concept, as it keeps undesirables off the trail system.
Mr. New York..seriously ...we are a distraction? Bless yor heart...We can not only look pretty but most of us who live near IVY would never travel on a road with a name like Rhododendron Glades.. WE like our men and road tough and hard to climb...If we wanted to just drive around on a widened path without difficulty we would come vist your NY. The hatfield and mccoy trail has done nothing but pad the pocket of local county commissioners and higher state officals..If the HMT were what they say they are we would embrace them with strong loving arms..(you know the ones that run a trout line or shovel coal to keep your lights on... We do not need you or any other insider or outsider to show us how to treat mother nature like the lady she is... The trash is not the only nuisance on the trail if HMT comes in...If you are a REAL rider/crawler/mudder then Why oh Why would you need someone to show you the trail?? Wouldn't you just find it like our fathers did so long ago...I remember spending my Saturdays and Sunday making trails and climbs by marking them with tape along the tree path with my Dad eons ago..Really concerned for your safety if you aren't man enough to do this on your own...Maybe you should stay in the NYC where your main concern is muggers and drive bys... Here we have hard core terrian and WILD animals in the forest not homeless people!! Please remember that a helmet isn't the only safety gear required!!! Stay safe and stay in NYC!!
1 post removed
grow up

Charleston, WV

#19 Mar 8, 2011
NY Hatfield McCoy Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
if it would happen it would be because someone from out of state wanted it to happen.
Anonymous

AOL

#20 Mar 12, 2011
big baby jesus wrote:
Just wanted you to know the trail is on its way baby Jesus. God Bless.
Cristy

Apopka, FL

#21 Apr 26, 2011
FroDrom what I hear Angie Lude is the biggest piece of trash up in Ivy. Get rid of her and you have solved the trash problem.
Angie Lude

San Angelo, TX

#22 Jul 13, 2011
Cristy wrote:
FroDrom what I hear Angie Lude is the biggest piece of trash up in Ivy. Get rid of her and you have solved the trash problem.
Im not a piece of trash but I can bet I know what trash you situate yourself with. I'm glad they are gone and hope that they never return. They both are liars and deserve each other..
David

Charleston, WV

#23 Aug 8, 2011
It's official. Hatfield McCoy Trails is taking Ivy Branch. Don't believe me? Check out this link to a recent news article and see for yourselves.

http://wvowradio.com/Article.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sod Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cierra Johnson 10 hr Icp clay 6
HELLO ladies its TOMMY CLARK Sun Tom Clark 5
Who do you think is the ugliest or nastiest aro... (Oct '11) Sun Tom Clark 9
fun Sun Tom Clark 4
mcorkle drama Dec 3 Cheryl Adkins 23
Jessica Starcher Nov 30 Tom Clark 2
Are the rumors true about Alisha's baby? (Jan '16) Nov 29 Donnie 10

Sod Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance