Ciudad Juarez residents flee Mexico's 'dying city'

The mother of four raised a finger, pointing out abandoned and stripped concrete homes and counting how many families on her street alone have fled the Western Hemisphere's deadliest city. Full Story
Now EPT

United States

#23 Jan 2, 2011
no fleers please wrote:
"La Red", as powerful Juarez business ownwers, who live and do business here, why don't they help their people by buying up a building, having refugees (undocs.) pay low rent or work for them and have a free food pantry for them. They want to help Juarez, they should support the people who supported there businesses in Juarez. "La Red" would then manage them, rather than the EP taking them in and having them cause problems here. If you are running, 1. You either did business with the gangs/cartels and it's payback time; 2. protection money and stood up for crime; 3. made fast money and thought you wouldn't have to do it again; 4. cheated out the cartels/gangs and payback is a witch. Some cartel/gangbangers are going to grow bigger stones, come across or micromanage and track down there prey and "dismadre" is going to get loose in EP. AND they still say, "there is no spill over", what the well do you call this! It would be a big shame, that an unsuspected landlord, rented to narco runaway and something happens. God help us all!
What happens to the undoc. who are doing the correct and legal way of things, are they going to the back of the line, rather than the "pobresitos?" I can sympathize with them, but EP should not be the beacon of light, we have our own chit to deal with, local corruption, bad school systems, high taxes, etc...
This is not a spill over. Spill over is when people are dying by the hands of the cartels. And some incidents have happen but its been played down not to scare the people of El Paso, the facts are there.

If the cartels come over in full force and most likely they will, and like you said, ""dismadre" is going to get loose in EP."

Grab a seat and enjoy the show.
tiro

El Paso, TX

#24 Jan 2, 2011
mex cans wrote:
All mex cans are puss ies, they run you scared pos! Stand and fight then you may be worthy of coming to the USA! You mex can men are not men but women and we don't want you illegals here!
You must have lost a girlfriend to a GOOD Mexican Lover.
FreedomRocks

Tucson, AZ

#25 Jan 2, 2011
You fat Americans have so much money and we Mexicans have none. Your family of four lives in 2000 SqFt houses that would house 15 or more of us. You eat steak and drink good wine sometimes more than once a week, when we could eat beans and tortillas evryday and survive. We don't need a Mercedes or Volvo or car insurance or taxes or even a drivers license, we would be happy to have a 15 year old van that we could get 12 people into.
We don't care what color our house is painted, we see nothing wrong with using emerald green or hot pink paint, as long as it's free or cheap. We don't call the cops when we are stolen from or assaulted, because we are crimials ourselves. You owe us a life, Texas belongs to Mexico. You owe us!!! Now leave us alone and prepare to support us and our culture. Sound about right? That's exactly the way the illegals see you.
upyours

El Paso, TX

#26 Jan 2, 2011
freedomrocks change your name to freeedomsucks
Old goatbreath

Vista, CA

#27 Jan 2, 2011
FreedomRocks wrote:
You fat Americans have so much money and we Mexicans have none. Your family of four lives in 2000 SqFt houses that would house 15 or more of us. You eat steak and drink good wine sometimes more than once a week, when we could eat beans and tortillas evryday and survive. We don't need a Mercedes or Volvo or car insurance or taxes or even a drivers license, we would be happy to have a 15 year old van that we could get 12 people into.
We don't care what color our house is painted, we see nothing wrong with using emerald green or hot pink paint, as long as it's free or cheap. We don't call the cops when we are stolen from or assaulted, because we are crimials ourselves. You owe us a life, Texas belongs to Mexico. You owe us!!! Now leave us alone and prepare to support us and our culture. Sound about right? That's exactly the way the illegals see you.
There is some truth. They want all the things most Americans want but they alway want to feed their families. What is wrong with that? How is it America can give billions to countries like Egypt, Isreal, Saudi Arabia, Asia and Africa and not care about their neighbor?

Please tell me what the USA felt with they took the lands from Native Americans? How did they feel when they took Texas and other parts of the USA?
El Bombo

United States

#29 Jan 2, 2011
JoJo wrote:
How in the world do banks stay open in Mexico with all of this and thousands of abandoned homes and mortgages?
The abandoned homes are worth zero.
Are the banks failing in Mexico or are they owned or controled by you-know-who?
When tens of thousands of businesses fail or are closed the banks must lose big time.
The businesses are worth zero.
The homes are worth zero.
Will the Mexican bank failures affect banks that also have US branches, El Paso branches?
Arnt there several American banks here in El Paso that have branches in Mexico?
If the banks are accepting pre-paid debt cards and bank accounts from those paying into ransom accounts, shouldn't it be obvious who all the players are?
Where is all the reporting on Mexico banks?
And how it will affect American banks?
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN314597112...
citizen

El Paso, TX

#30 Jan 2, 2011
Attn EP TIMES: why dont you do a story on who the members of La Red are? i think thousands of us AMERICANS would like to know where NOT to spend our money. We dont want these businesses in our city!! I want of list of these places so that they can be BOYCOTTED. any money from Mexico is dirty.
Old goatbreath

Vista, CA

#31 Jan 2, 2011
citizen wrote:
Attn EP TIMES: why dont you do a story on who the members of La Red are? i think thousands of us AMERICANS would like to know where NOT to spend our money. We dont want these businesses in our city!! I want of list of these places so that they can be BOYCOTTED. any money from Mexico is dirty.
What if a member is a Judge? Will you boycott the judge? What is the business owner provides a service you need and is honest and fair in price? Will look somewhere else? I doubt it, stip fooling yourself.
pooPOO

Las Cruces, NM

#32 Jan 2, 2011
DocktaD wrote:
And all these Mexicans moving to the USA are doing so legally?
No they are not moving to the USA legally, the same corruption /extortion/protection scenario is alive and well in every state, moreso along the USA/Mexico border states. USA isn't doing much about it, in fact, a large underground tunnel between El Paso, TX & Juarez was recently 'discovered' and filled with cement at a cost to US taxpayers of $750,000.00.
pooPOO

Las Cruces, NM

#33 Jan 2, 2011
FreedomRocks wrote:
YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO MEXICO IF THIS IS HOW YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! Arizona is NOT Mexico!
pooPOO

Las Cruces, NM

#34 Jan 2, 2011
Old goatbreath wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some truth. They want all the things most Americans want but they alway want to feed their families. What is wrong with that? How is it America can give billions to countries like Egypt, Isreal, Saudi Arabia, Asia and Africa and not care about their neighbor?
Please tell me what the USA felt with they took the lands from Native Americans? How did they feel when they took Texas and other parts of the USA?
Come ON Oceanside, CA!!! The countries you mention are OIL interests to the USA, of COURSE the gov. is going to give billions. It makes no sense, but the parallel is the oil and drug cartels have the US by the throat. I expect the Mexico cartels will bring their war to the USA since they're all escaping their own corrupt country. It appears the USA gov. is OK with this. Bottom line, FEELINGS are not part of the equation, it's all greed/money/power. The people do not matter other than revenue producers to fund the goverment agenda.
Numbers

United States

#35 Jan 2, 2011
citizen wrote:
Dude, its call public record.
Don't be a lazy butt and go find out what going on than have the newspaper or others do your work.
ima

El Paso, TX

#36 Jan 2, 2011
citizen wrote:
Yes, I'm sure other citizens would like to know what La Red really is up to? For all we know they're cartels themselves and were smart enough to set shop here in the pretext that They were chased out of Juarez and extorted, how DO WE REALLY KNOW THIS? SINCE WE SEEM TO TAKE EVERYONE'S WORD ABOUT THEIR SAD STORIES. Another thing Mauricio claims they have about 280 businesses from Juarez and he would know, he probably charges them A FAT FEE to advise them on how to set shop here. How is it THEY can afford to have businesses here and we citizens DONT'T HAVE THE MONEY for one? where did the money come from? Another thing, businesses that apply for a license to operate from what I understand there hasn't really been that much OF AN INCREASE IN FEES paid for the licenses so who'se getting the (license money) FOR ALL THE(MEXICAN) RESTURANTS I SEE all over the city?, I MADE IT A POINT TO STAY AWAY FROM ALL THESE NEW MEXICAN RESTURANTS-and will only go to the ones that have BEEN HERE FOR EVER-THEY WERE HERE FIRST AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS-I'm sure they're suffering big losses due to these NEW REATURANTS taking their business from them. Wouldn't be surprized if they have to close. BUT PEOPLE-CITIZENS PLEASE SUPPORT THOSE BUSINESSES THAT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE, and we have enjoyed for years, PLEASE EAT THERE INSTEAD OF VISITING THE NEW ONES, PLEASE BOYCOTT THE NEW BUSINESSES.
Old goatbreath

Vista, CA

#37 Jan 2, 2011
pooPOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Come ON Oceanside, CA!!! The countries you mention are OIL interests to the USA, of COURSE the gov. is going to give billions. It makes no sense, but the parallel is the oil and drug cartels have the US by the throat. I expect the Mexico cartels will bring their war to the USA since they're all escaping their own corrupt country. It appears the USA gov. is OK with this. Bottom line, FEELINGS are not part of the equation, it's all greed/money/power. The people do not matter other than revenue producers to fund the goverment agenda.
Mexico is rich in oil reserves. The other countries are not corrupt? Security of our country is not important? Mexico borders our country and security of our country depends on Mexico be stable.
x member

El Paso, TX

#38 Jan 2, 2011
The Mexican government is aligned with the Sinaloa cartel! When president Calderon declared "war" against the drug cartels, he really declared war against the cartels that are enemies with the Sinaloa cartel. That's why he took the power away from the Juarez police and brought in his own army. Why? Because -every one knows that- most of the Juarez police worked for the Juarez cartel.
Becky

El Paso, TX

#39 Jan 2, 2011
Beware of La Red, they are a group of Mexican business men trying to move all their peop;e over here. They want to live here and want dual citizeship. They want to make El Paso into their Juarez, run by the rich and treat all others as commoners. They refuse to try to learn English or to speak it if they already know how, and are pushing El Pasoans into speaking spanish by refusing to budge on their language. El Paso needs to stand up to these people by not buying from their businesses and continue to speak English! Why would we let them take over our city, so tha when it turns into pot like their beloved Juarez they just flee and not fight back? Well I am one El Pasoan who will not speak spanish and I am going to stand up for my American El Paso! All the others will be here soon if we let them. I am no commoner I am American from El Paso and proud of it! No spanish for me, oh by the way I am Hispanic but American!
Becky

El Paso, TX

#40 Jan 2, 2011
Get a job! no one owes you anything!
FreedomRocks wrote:
open eyes

El Paso, TX

#41 Jan 2, 2011
Old goatbreath wrote:
<quoted text>
What if a member is a Judge? Will you boycott the judge? What is the business owner provides a service you need and is honest and fair in price? Will look somewhere else? I doubt it, stip fooling yourself.
It is because he is patriotic. Just like you all should be and favor American over anything else. It pains me to see American businesses closing doors while more Mexican businesses open up that offer the same service. Why? Only because the flux of Mexicans here have allegiance to their establishments, or are used to going there. Stop fooling YOURSELF and misguiding others!
Chip

El Paso, TX

#42 Jan 2, 2011
FreedomRocks wrote:

If this is true. Where do We United States citizens go? So much money...

The Mexican retirement system of 15 or more you speak about is the children. It
is a type of retirement system for the low socio-economic class in Mexico.
It is to taking care of Dad & Mom and the older generation of family
when they get older.

Till a Sociology class in a University class many years ago from my Professor emphasized a different value system and how different cultures survive. This
was one of the mores of life. A more is a moral which is believed and practiced.

It was interesting & understood then of the loyalty children value on taking
care of their elders. This is what your trying to say but your ugly delivery
doesn't say that.

Your assumption of US citizens is misplaced. The majority of people in this
country don't have wine & steak for meals and only in special occasions.
Similar to the Mexican custom of Menudo, Tamales on Christmas & the holidays.
If you pay attention most citizens are driving around in vehicles of 5 or
more years old which is over the warranty and life of the car in many cases.

These statements you have made are racially biased and disrespectful to a
country you know little about. This is where citizens of this country get
antagonized with people down South. Why? It is they believe what their
newspapers & media portray and - Hardly Ever - in support of your
neighbor to the North.

Chip

El Paso, TX

#43 Jan 2, 2011
FreedomRocks wrote:

Playing devils advocate is now the opposite view.

Assumptions of surviving pass you by in believing
certain colors are chosen just to paint a house. The
color may Not be to your liking but suits the person.

Cops are called for regular crimes and not called for
a child bouncing a ball in the backyard next door in
the daytime. Assaults happen in all walks of life and
making an assumption a race/people are criminal could
be said of our own also.

These people do Not like being of a low socio-economic
status and dealing with the red tape of the government.
They don't care of Texas or whatever belonging to Mexico.
The same could be said of believing the oil in other
countries belong to us (US citizens).

Sound about right as you post. This is how many other
cultures view us United States citizens as arrogant as
your hatred of a post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Socorro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 4 hr L Morales 21
El Paso Border Patrol officials taking addition... 5 hr Resisting thugs 1
Free gift cards 8 hr Petro 3
Why I vote democrat? 8 hr Petro 2
Abundant Living Faith Center Christmas Celebrat... 20 hr UR BS 11
El Paso's Clean Air Ordinance in effect startin... 20 hr UR BS 9
What shall I ask Santa for Christmas? 20 hr UR BS 21
Socorro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web