Ciudad Juarez residents flee Mexico's 'dying city'

Full story: El Paso Times

The mother of four raised a finger, pointing out abandoned and stripped concrete homes and counting how many families on her street alone have fled the Western Hemisphere's deadliest city.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of332
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
DocktaD

Hayden, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

And all these Mexicans moving to the USA are doing so legally?

“Tardy For The Party ”

Since: May 10

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Cowards. Every single one of them.
LoL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

DocktaD wrote:
And all these Mexicans moving to the USA are doing so legally?
What do you think, Einstein.
Why

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Wait until the violence hits el paso. Then see if you are as brave as your words Walter.
Why

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Doctad- Look at our current laws. They can live here while filing for residency or immigration, but cant work here. If they leave even to visit they have to start all over again.
I'd say it was a challenging process no matter what.
Suzanne

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Move south, not north.
Jorge Ames Iowa

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Maybe pull the drones out of Afganistan realine our troops on our Mex/US Border and tell Mexico we are willing to deploy. Only thing they understand in Mexico is THE GUY WITH THE BIGGEST CLUB RULES and its not the Mexican Armed Forces.

“Tardy For The Party ”

Since: May 10

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Why wrote:
Wait until the violence hits el paso. Then see if you are as brave as your words Walter.
Oh, I am sorry. I think I am pretty brave dodging their cars because they drive like absolute sh *i* t.

I think we are ALL brave because of that!

Viva America! Land of the Free! Home of the Brave!

Yeah, guess what? Violence has hit El Paso! And guess what else? It's only going to get WORSE. OMG! I can sleep at night because I don't do dirty business. You dance with the devil, you are going to get burned. Remember that.
La Tuya Jackson

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

these are war refugees and should be welcomed in the usa until we stop financing the cartels with cash and guns
Groucho

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

This whole story, minus actual names, could have been written by anybody who has lived in EP a long time and really understands just how it is in MX. And that is part of what is so sad about it all.
Outa here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

and now I am fleeing El Paso !!!! Getting out before the Mexican government collapses. El Paso's "sister city" needs to be disowned.
meh_

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Really a sad situation when the government cares nothing about its people.

Build the Wall. De-criminalize pot. Enforce immigration laws on the books. Get the illegals already here registered/identified and start them through the process of naturalization. Move on.
JoJo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

How in the world do banks stay open in Mexico with all of this and thousands of abandoned homes and mortgages?
The abandoned homes are worth zero.
Are the banks failing in Mexico or are they owned or controled by you-know-who?

When tens of thousands of businesses fail or are closed the banks must lose big time.
The businesses are worth zero.
The homes are worth zero.

Will the Mexican bank failures affect banks that also have US branches, El Paso branches?

Arnt there several American banks here in El Paso that have branches in Mexico?

If the banks are accepting pre-paid debt cards and bank accounts from those paying into ransom accounts, shouldn't it be obvious who all the players are?

Where is all the reporting on Mexico banks?

And how it will affect American banks?
Now What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

meh_ wrote:
Really a sad situation when the government cares nothing about its people.
Build the Wall. De-criminalize pot. Enforce immigration laws on the books. Get the illegals already here registered/identified and start them through the process of naturalization. Move on.
"Really a sad situation when the government cares nothing about its people."

Exactly. How do you think all this started? Government never cared and people got tired and found a new way of money, control and power - the birth of the cartels.

And now? their winning. Animals putting a halt to a way of life. Animals who should be execute and done with. I hope those cartels are happy of what they've done. The city is dying cause of them.

So what's left to control? Nothing.

The end of time is at hand. Just wait for it.:-(
Funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Only one word here: I told you so.
El Gringo Macho

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Hey, Banks in Mexico make money by owning banks in the USA. Thats right, they own USA Banks and launder money here.

As for everyone leaving Mexico, why not, soon, if my plans are correct. All Mexicans will be here in the US and I will be able to purchase this beach front property and hotel for $1. HHHEEEEHHAHHHAHHRHRAARRRR!

VIVA MEXICO! I am sorry, DIE MEXICO! Until I purchase this property.
Jim

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Funny wrote:
Only one word here: I told you so.
That's four words, bean breath.
no fleers please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

"La Red", as powerful Juarez business ownwers, who live and do business here, why don't they help their people by buying up a building, having refugees (undocs.) pay low rent or work for them and have a free food pantry for them. They want to help Juarez, they should support the people who supported there businesses in Juarez. "La Red" would then manage them, rather than the EP taking them in and having them cause problems here. If you are running, 1. You either did business with the gangs/cartels and it's payback time; 2. protection money and stood up for crime; 3. made fast money and thought you wouldn't have to do it again; 4. cheated out the cartels/gangs and payback is a witch. Some cartel/gangbangers are going to grow bigger stones, come across or micromanage and track down there prey and "dismadre" is going to get loose in EP. AND they still say, "there is no spill over", what the well do you call this! It would be a big shame, that an unsuspected landlord, rented to narco runaway and something happens. God help us all!

What happens to the undoc. who are doing the correct and legal way of things, are they going to the back of the line, rather than the "pobresitos?" I can sympathize with them, but EP should not be the beacon of light, we have our own chit to deal with, local corruption, bad school systems, high taxes, etc...
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>That's four words, bean breath.
Wow! you can count. Your education has helped you. Good boy!
tiro

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Suzanne wrote:
Move south, not north.
Why? Do you tend to fall in love with, then use by Mexicans?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of332
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Socorro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Socorro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance