April 13 date to demolish smokestacks...

April 13 date to demolish smokestacks in El Paso

There are 28 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 27, 2013, titled April 13 date to demolish smokestacks in El Paso. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Demolition crews on April 13 plan to bring down two towering smokestacks from the now-closed ASARCO copper smelter in West Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mexicant

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 27, 2013
That whole area needs to blown up including Globe Mills
Proud Mexican Democrat

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Mexicant wrote:
That whole area needs to blown up including Globe Mills
To include McKinney Wrecking, The Rescue Mission, The Hacienda, The Black Bridge, the Smelter town cemetery , Prince Machiavelli, Mesita school and Ardavinos.

And build Public Assistance Housing for migrates from Mexico.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Proud Mexican Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
To include McKinney Wrecking, The Rescue Mission, The Hacienda, The Black Bridge, the Smelter town cemetery , Prince Machiavelli, Mesita school and Ardavinos.
Why in holy hell would you want to tear down the Prince? That's a wonderful place to go for a night out.
YOU FROGOT

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
And don't forget to include that scuzzy Anapra area across the river. Oh by the by That Public Assistance housing was that for ILLEGAL LAWBREAKING ALIENS that have no GD business in the USA in the first place. Gee can't wait till this friday for welfare cuts to begin and another the next week and next week and next week
pleasures of the flesh

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Larry Grover wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in holy hell would you want to tear down the Prince? That's a wonderful place to go for a night out.
Relax everyone, nothing's going to be getting blown up! I have it on very good authority that an injunction against blowing the 'stacks will be filed on behalf of the thousands of Mexican residents living directly across the river from the demolition site. In addition, Mexico's President, Enrique Peņa Nieto, is being petitioned to take a stand against the demolition until the safety of areas residents, on BOTH sides of the border can be assured. If nothing else, the demolition may just be delayed until later in the year, when the predominant winds blow from the south.

BTW, I'm also hearing quiet discussions about staging an "Occupy the Smokestack" protest. Work is underway now to secure the appropriate masonry anchors, perhaps even chemical bolts, so supporters can chain themselves to the structure, both in AND around the base. Others will be climbing the structure and positioning themselves on several of the in-place ladder structures.

This all may take several more months, years, maybe to get ironed out.
POS

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Go a little further, KLAQ, Kings X, JUTEP.
A Smokestack Lover

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 27, 2013
pleasures of the flesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax everyone, nothing's going to be getting blown up! I have it on very good authority that an injunction against blowing the 'stacks will be filed on behalf of the thousands of Mexican residents living directly across the river from the demolition site. In addition, Mexico's President, Enrique Peņa Nieto, is being petitioned to take a stand against the demolition until the safety of areas residents, on BOTH sides of the border can be assured. If nothing else, the demolition may just be delayed until later in the year, when the predominant winds blow from the south.
BTW, I'm also hearing quiet discussions about staging an "Occupy the Smokestack" protest. Work is underway now to secure the appropriate masonry anchors, perhaps even chemical bolts, so supporters can chain themselves to the structure, both in AND around the base. Others will be climbing the structure and positioning themselves on several of the in-place ladder structures.
Kinda like tree huggers right. Where do I sign up and when we need to make a plan. Like try and hire some people with guns acros the river to help out. Wait thats not a good idea they aren't allowed to own them over there? Since I don't work and the protesting business like the rest of the economy has hit the skids I haven't had much to do since I can't get a job around here. I don't speak spanish to well.
Proud Mexican Democrat

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 27, 2013
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Go a little further, KLAQ, Kings X, JUTEP.
Gracias queerAzz.
Jorge Artalejo

El Paso, TX

#9 Feb 27, 2013
I'm the idiot running for mayor. F.....K all of you!
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm also hearing quiet discussions about staging an "Occupy the Smokestack" protest. Work is underway now to secure the appropriate masonry anchors, perhaps even chemical bolts, so supporters can chain themselves to the structure, both in AND around the base. Others will be climbing the structure and positioning themselves on several of the in-place ladder structures.
F/uck That! If they really are thinking of blowing up The Prince I'll stage my sit in there and hopefully some of those strippers that drive down from Cruces or that live at the Warren will stage a sit down on my face and I'll blow my own stack, sky F/uckin high!
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#11 Feb 27, 2013
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Go a little further, KLAQ, Kings X, JUTEP.
No! not the *X*! I don't go there any more but I have too many memories from there. But eXa and BeanerTep yeah, blow them to f/ucking smithereens!
La Gorda

El Paso, TX

#12 Feb 27, 2013
YOU FROGOT wrote:
<quoted text> Gee can't wait till this friday for welfare cuts to begin and another the next week and next week and next week
WELFARE CUTS???
Who's going to pay for my little machos Hot Takis and fantas?
Obama and Silvestre Reyes promised to take a pay cut first before taking money away from the Mexican people of El Paso.
La Gorda

El Paso, TX

#13 Feb 27, 2013
A Smokestack Lover wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda like tree huggers right. Where do I sign up and when we need to make a plan. Like try and hire some people with guns acros the river to help out. Wait thats not a good idea they aren't allowed to own them over there? Since I don't work and the protesting business like the rest of the economy has hit the skids I haven't had much to do since I can't get a job around here. I don't speak spanish to well.
LEAVE! El Paso is for the Mexican people!
Proud Mexican Democrat

El Paso, TX

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Larry Grover wrote:
<quoted text>
You only care about dirty things.
There Must be housing for all the poor democrat Mexicans!
The stripper house will be burnt to the ground, Ardivino said so and beautiful Mexican style apartments will be built!
Joe

El Paso, TX

#15 Feb 27, 2013
La Gorda wrote:
<quoted text>
WELFARE CUTS???
Who's going to pay for my little machos Hot Takis and fantas?
Obama and Silvestre Reyes promised to take a pay cut first before taking money away from the Mexican people of El Paso.
I'd like to put my foot upside your fat culo but you might like that. You maricon!
A Smokestack Lover

El Paso, TX

#16 Feb 27, 2013
La Gorda wrote:
<quoted text>
LEAVE! El Paso is for the Mexican people!
Did you mean Mexican't people the native indians yes not some off breed Spain rejects left around this area down south of here cause they weren't takin them low lifers back to Spain. And was damn glad to get them off their welfare rolls 500 years ago
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#17 Feb 27, 2013
One idea would be to use the interest that GM paid to the treasury in order to finance this. Per James Russell, GM has paid back the loan in full with interest so that should more than cover the cost of this demolition. That way it will be a win/win deal. Beto should look into this as it is a fabulous idea.
I am hoping

El Paso, TX

#18 Feb 27, 2013
When they take the time to set the charges they are going to have to close off West Paisano to prevent collateral damage. Years ago when they decided to take out a smaller stack and replace it with the Tall stack it fell wrong and blocked BNSF rails and The west bound lanes of Paisano totally for hours. Had it fallen toward the south it would have filled the American Canal. There will be one place the public can watch and that will be from the UTEP upper parking lot across from the box office area where the wet back would crawl through. Excellent viewing at 6:00 AM.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Up with the stacks.
DC Dave

United States

#20 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
There are no mexicans on the other side of the stacks you vendido frijole. The only one, only one, to believe your BS is your anchor mensa mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Socorro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ozzy's Landscaping? 3 hr not to small to m... 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr Roughed farts 772
first Perry now Paxton 4 hr yippee kiyay mofu 7
News Drivers complain of trash on Borderland highways 5 hr conservative oper... 27
time to get rid of city manager tommy gonzales 6 hr eyes of texas 10
Review: Wild Horse Nightclub The (Jun '13) 9 hr huey goins 48
News Marshalls opening 4th El Paso store in Northeast 9 hr Margaret Gray 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Socorro Mortgages