First Prev
of 4
Next Last
POS

Shanghai, China

#76 Mar 23, 2013
Def wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wonder how life is in China. So many people living close together, I always see on TV these huge crowded cities und pollution might to be a major issue.
I've been coming here for about 10 years now. It is interesting, moving around here in China. Crowed subways and certain times of the day in Shanghai and Beijing. The train system is amazing up to 350 kph, one train in Shanghai, reaches 431 kph, Maglev, built in Germany, it's a short run 8 to 10 min, form Pudong Airport to just south of the down town area.. The rural areas is the real China. I call the big cities ugly woman with make up. Pollution is an issue. Many people suffering with breathing problems, especially the young and old. But, it is amazing contrast here in China, between the old and the new.
Def

Bremen, Germany

#77 Mar 23, 2013
POS wrote:
<quoted text>I've been coming here for about 10 years now. It is interesting, moving around here in China. Crowed subways and certain times of the day in Shanghai and Beijing. The train system is amazing up to 350 kph, one train in Shanghai, reaches 431 kph, Maglev, built in Germany, it's a short run 8 to 10 min, form Pudong Airport to just south of the down town area.. The rural areas is the real China. I call the big cities ugly woman with make up. Pollution is an issue. Many people suffering with breathing problems, especially the young and old. But, it is amazing contrast here in China, between the old and the new.
So you know the U.S., you know Europe und Asia, where would you consider to live ?
POS

Shanghai, China

#78 Mar 23, 2013
Def wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know the U.S., you know Europe und Asia, where would you consider to live ?
I'm American. We as Americans, are spoiled. Low taxes, low fuel prices, Low food prices and low cost of living in comparison to the rest of the western developed nations. Most Americans don't know how expensive it is around the world.$8 a gallon for petrol in Germany,$9.50 in The Nederlands. The Autobahn is cool. I was driving a Audi tt, 240 kph. But I would have to stay, I would rather live in the USA. I know we have our problems, it's still a great place.
Jeremiah Sweeney

El Paso, TX

#79 Mar 23, 2013
Hassan al Madji wrote:
In England every monday night we have a programe with high lights
from the weekends Bundesliga action . And they always give information about the teams.
The Bundesliga is awesome. The play the beautiful game with such skill and abandon at Bayern Munchen, FC Koln, etc. Philip Lahm details all this in his book and makes it clear that when it comes to British football, he won't be arsed.
Def

Bremen, Germany

#81 Mar 23, 2013
POS wrote:
<quoted text>I'm American. We as Americans, are spoiled. Low taxes, low fuel prices, Low food prices and low cost of living in comparison to the rest of the western developed nations. Most Americans don't know how expensive it is around the world.$8 a gallon for petrol in Germany,$9.50 in The Nederlands. The Autobahn is cool. I was driving a Audi tt, 240 kph. But I would have to stay, I would rather live in the USA. I know we have our problems, it's still a great place.
Well, for those who live on the bright side you might be right but actually there is a lot of poverty that isnīt seen on the first glance. I appreciate our welfare system.
Jeremiah Sweeney

El Paso, TX

#82 Mar 23, 2013
Hassan al Madji wrote:
Well my teams game away at Rotherham is off today because of snow
League Two is for crap. You need to find a better team that ends in "ham" like Fulham or Tottenham. Hell, even QPR would be better. Outside the UK, no one has ever heard of this football team.
POS

Shanghai, China

#84 Mar 24, 2013
Def wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for those who live on the bright side you might be right but actually there is a lot of poverty that isnīt seen on the first glance. I appreciate our welfare system.
Which county are you speaking about, when you mention poverty? The welfare. system in the US works too well. Assitance in China is availble, but you must want to work. In the US orignaly, the welfare system was designed to be used as a crutch, to help you get by. Now it is a way of life, the system is broken. What I was told in The Nederlands, the welfare system there is looking like the US system. Too many foriegners sucking off the system. Is it like that in Germany?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Socorro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man arrested in child-throwing case, again 1 hr Yup 3
Insecure Writers 2 hr New Resident 15
Kvia short weather girl 2 hr New Resident 34
News Civil rights lawsuit planned over immigrant's a... 7 hr Spud 40
Health Care Reform Vote Today 8 hr Spud 9
News Governor reappoints El Pasoan Robert Bowling IV... (Mar '09) 8 hr New Resident 5
Saw a Beaner Go Into a Library Today 8 hr Spud 21

Socorro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Socorro Mortgages