Ga. authorities probe 1946 unsolved l...

Ga. authorities probe 1946 unsolved lynchings

There are 18 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Ga. authorities probe 1946 unsolved lynchings. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Federal and state agents swarmed the backyard of a modest white house along a windy stretch in rural northeast Georgia this week in search of clues that could be linked to living suspects involved in the 1946 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

real life

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2008
Any of the 55 still alive should be lined up in front of a wall, each with a number, numbers would be drawn as in a raffle .......... when the number was drawn the holder of same number would be asked once to name those involved and a complete description of what they knew or be shot ........ then just keep going till one cracks
Vigilante on the loose

Cartersville, GA

#2 Jul 2, 2008
real life wrote:
Any of the 55 still alive should be lined up in front of a wall, each with a number, numbers would be drawn as in a raffle .......... when the number was drawn the holder of same number would be asked once to name those involved and a complete description of what they knew or be shot ........ then just keep going till one cracks
You must be a serial killer in training!

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#3 Jul 3, 2008
Vigilante on the loose wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a serial killer in training!
You must be referring to the any of those guilty of pulling two couples out of thier cars and brutally shooting them for no reason.

Not only should those who committed the crime face the death penalty, but any law enforcement officer who decided not to enforce the law in this case, should be seen as an accomplice in the crime.

What makes this crime so sad, is that things like this happened too often.
krtj23

Duluth, GA

#4 Jul 3, 2008
you know this is just one case out of maybe thousands.
ppl need to be honest and real. if arrest were to be made(considering if they are still alive)how much time do you think these ppl will get.even if they get a few years these ppl would have already lived their lives and honestly would probably already have one foot in the grave anyway.
how easy would it be to try a case from so long ago.
black crime spree

Sharpsburg, GA

#6 Jul 3, 2008
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be referring to the any of those guilty of pulling two couples out of thier cars and brutally shooting them for no reason.
Not only should those who committed the crime face the death penalty, but any law enforcement officer who decided not to enforce the law in this case, should be seen as an accomplice in the crime.
What makes this crime so sad, is that things like this happened too often.
Yea, like the 40 Atlanta child murders. No one was ever prosecuted for those crimes against children and the police closed the investigation. A black homosexual named Wayne Williams was convicted of killing two adults but no children. Many of the murders were apparently copy cat killings done by the childrens' parents either to collect on insurance money or simply to get rid of nuisance children. Atlanta remains a crime capital even today.
crimes of Ray Lewis

Conley, GA

#7 Jul 4, 2008
Atlanta couldn't even prosecute the Ray Lewis murders competently. Those criminals got off scot free.
Cold Blooded Murder

Acworth, GA

#9 Jul 5, 2008
Jawga Boy wrote:
Hummmmmmm, did the lynching take place in Atlanta?
No.
Then why attempt to introduce a subject not relating to the lynching of 1946?
Pangs of guilt perhaps?
I could say that Pol Pot was a killer of two million people, but does that relate to Hitler's crimes?
Yeah, thought so.
Atlanta news is full of murders. Now they want to go back to 1946 and report old news on old murders. Whatever it takes to get their ratings up. It's about time for the news media to revisit the Derwin Brown assissination murder. Sydney Dorsey, Brown's black rival for sheriff, was convicted of the murder while the rest of the black gang of rogue policemen were given immunity in exchange for their testimony. Immunity for committing an ambush murder in Derwin Brown's own yard! Metro Atlanta has a habit of releasing known criminals back to the streets.
LET IT GO

Finley, TN

#10 Dec 22, 2009
The ones that commited these crimes are already gone.(trust me)They will be punished by the Lord so we should just let it go....
cant let it go

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Dec 23, 2009
some of the people that done this are still living .If you believe just ask some the Pannells and Malcoms that live in Monroe !
LETITGO

Murray, KY

#12 Aug 29, 2010
This is one of the Pannells JACKASS what are you tryn to say, trust me not one of the individuals responsible is still alive today....people done started recreating the dam crime in monroe are you fu**ing kiddn me ge a fu**in life thats like recreating the dam civil war battles LET IT FU**ING GO YOU DUMBASSES

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 29, 2010
We need to let go the bad things of the past in order to move forward.
LULU

AOL

#14 Aug 30, 2010
why did they wait till these people are dead are almost dead of old age to finally do something? this should of been done a long time ago. doing it now just opens old wounds.
tell us why

Powder Springs, GA

#15 Aug 30, 2010
Funny how this old news report doesn't mention what that guy did to make a mob angry enough to seek retribution on him. Like Atlanta's street gangs today, killing someone for "dissing" them.
ConcernedCitizen

Atlanta, GA

#16 Aug 30, 2010
LET IT GO wrote:
The ones that commited these crimes are already gone.(trust me)They will be punished by the Lord so we should just let it go....
My daddy was born in Somerset KY; & he was a loser.
LETITGO

Murray, KY

#17 Aug 31, 2010
I was born in Monroe, I see the apple really doesnt fall far from the tree..LMAO I mean a dog will have a dog, a cat will have a cat, a horse will have a horse I think you get the picture or I can get my crayons out and tighten up your helmet and draw it out for you we know how slow you people in Atlanta are....LMFAO
you dissin me man

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 Aug 31, 2010
LETITGO wrote:
I was born in Monroe, I see the apple really doesnt fall far from the tree..LMAO I mean a dog will have a dog, a cat will have a cat, a horse will have a horse I think you get the picture or I can get my crayons out and tighten up your helmet and draw it out for you we know how slow you people in Atlanta are....LMFAO
Atlanta people are called..... negroes!!!!!!
Interested

Hoschton, GA

#19 Sep 15, 2010
tell us why wrote:
Funny how this old news report doesn't mention what that guy did to make a mob angry enough to seek retribution on him. Like Atlanta's street gangs today, killing someone for "dissing" them.
not to disagree with you...just to add my 2 cents...The guy stabbed Barnette Hester on Hestertown Road because he thought that he had something going on with his wife...so goes the story. There's a book about it. Go check it out. Fire in a Canebrake. They said that's what it sounded like when the shots went off at the bridge. I don't know how accurate this book is, I think it's based on the FBI files that were collected and the author did her own research in Monroe while writing it, interviewing people thought to have been involved. However, I do feel that this is an amazing story, although very sad, and won't be forgotten for a while.
Cant let it go

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Oct 4, 2010
You know excatly what im trying to say . You know the family secret that dewells amongst within .You cant tell me with a straight face you dont know who was involved and who commited this crime . Yes some are died but some are still are on the top side of this earth .
LETITGO wrote:
This is one of the Pannells JACKASS what are you tryn to say, trust me not one of the individuals responsible is still alive today....people done started recreating the dam crime in monroe are you fu**ing kiddn me ge a fu**in life thats like recreating the dam civil war battles LET IT FU**ING GO YOU DUMBASSES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Circle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In the Heat of the Night Water Tower Sparta Mis... (Jun '10) 9 hr Shelitha 11
How's Joe Chapman doing as Sheriff? (Feb '09) Mon CDick lick 41
Know any Christians? (Nov '14) May 6 anonymous 25
Rachel Rose Apr '16 Dee 2
Gay teens in conyers wanna have fun (Aug '14) Apr '16 14ismyage 8
upson county cockfights Apr '16 youearit 1
black fraternities Apr '16 goodoleboy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Social Circle Mortgages