FBI, Ga. authorities probe unsolved 1946 lynchings

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Federal and state agents swarmed over the backyard of a modest white house in rural northeast Georgia this week in search of clues that could be linked to living suspects in the unsolved lynchings of four ...
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2008
ech

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

long arm of the law. go get them guys.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Sixty two years later? Witnesses are dead. Suspects are dead. And it happened before most of us were even born.

Political grandstanding and a waste of government resources.
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Surf52 wrote:
Sixty two years later? Witnesses are dead. Suspects are dead. And it happened before most of us were even born.
but a mob of sixty people can kill 4 blacks in broad daylight and no on will say anything and they get away
with it . that's american justice
make you proud doesn't it
alan

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

a horrible crime,those responsible should be held accountable if still alive. But after 62 yrs, the feds really have their work cut out for them.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

alan wrote:
a horrible crime,those responsible should be held accountable if still alive. But after 62 yrs, the feds really have their work cut out for them.
What possible good can come of this?

Justice delayed is justice denied.
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible good can come of this?
Justice delayed is justice denied.
we say justice means Just Us and this case proves it
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Surf52 wrote:
if a mob of thiry black people killed
4 whites in broad daylight they would have been hung 61 years ago , but this
doesn't matter huh
Dave

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Well, good morning Larry G. Now go back to bed and let the adults carry on the daily activity of being intelligent. You are in the way. We all know your feelings .... anti-white, anti-Republican, anti-Bush, anti-American and just plain stupid.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

larry g wrote:
<quoted text>
if a mob of thiry black people killed
4 whites in broad daylight they would have been hung 61 years ago , but this
doesn't matter huh
If nothing had happened until now, no it wouldn't mean anything. Life sucks sometimes.
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

larry g wrote:
<quoted text>
we say justice means Just Us and this case proves it
Well that's meaningful. No actually it's childish.
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's meaningful. No actually it's childish.
no it's true one justice for blacks
another for whites

JUST US
Don

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Now wait a minute..larry g if you are anti-republican and anti-Bush then you are NOT anti-American or anti-patriotic AND you ARE intelligent. Thought i'd straighten that out. If those murderers are alive,i say do as the Jews do to the Nazis and that is hunt them down no matter their age. Obama '08!!
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Dave wrote:
Well, good morning Larry G. Now go back to bed and let the adults carry on the daily activity of being intelligent. You are in the way. We all know your feelings .... anti-white, anti-Republican, anti-Bush, anti-American and just plain stupid.
Good Morning Dave
I see you aren't any smarter than the last time . Let me explain something to you a S52 or whatever his name.

The sheriff has usually been the local
imperial wizard , so when a black man or woman ( because as you see from the article they killed women too) went to jail , the KKK showed up at midnight to put them in their place .
We have a thing about lynching , yOU
need to leave this one alone , unless
you think lynching is alright
larry g

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Don wrote:
Now wait a minute..larry g if you are anti-republican and anti-Bush then you are NOT anti-American or anti-patriotic AND you ARE intelligent. Thought i'd straighten that out. If those murderers are alive,i say do as the Jews do to the Nazis and that is hunt them down no matter their age. Obama '08!!
Thanks Don , some people believe in what's right regardless of color
HRC

Odenton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Aren't there more recent unsolved crimes the FBI can take a look at? Or aren't the more recent crimes PC enough to warrant investigation? How far back do folks want to go in the name of "justice" and at what cost? Not just money but resources that could be used in crime prevention or investigation of recent cases that are unsolved.
HRC

Odenton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

We're in trouble when you want to use the Jews as an example of how to conduct a criminal investigation. Talk about a lynch mob. Don't give religious zealots any credibility than an eye for an eye. Revenge maybe, justice, no way.
Don wrote:
Don

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

You make a good point,HRC,and no matter what the victims are still dead. Nothing can bring them back..
Surf52

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

HRC wrote:
Aren't there more recent unsolved crimes the FBI can take a look at? Or aren't the more recent crimes PC enough to warrant investigation? How far back do folks want to go in the name of "justice" and at what cost? Not just money but resources that could be used in crime prevention or investigation of recent cases that are unsolved.
Go back much further and you'll be literally digging up defendants to take the stand.

In the best case here though, how do you punish someone who is probably in their 80's for something that happened that far back? Bear in mind that these probably aren't upper class individuals, so due to how they've lived their lives, they undoubtedly already have a host of health problems.
ech

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back much further and you'll be literally digging up defendants to take the stand.
In the best case here though, how do you punish someone who is probably in their 80's for something that happened that far back? Bear in mind that these probably aren't upper class individuals, so due to how they've lived their lives, they undoubtedly already have a host of health problems.
if they were 15 year old black kids with guns and killing. lose your life.
if they are eighty year old white guys with health problem, if they killed other americans they forfeit their own lives. hunt their asses down

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Social Circle Discussions

Search the Social Circle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr jeb stuart 50,239
In High Cotton In Madison Ga. (Jun '09) Jul 21 Country girl 7
Charter Cable Internet Jul 21 getinhot 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Monroe Applebee’s to get facelift (Oct '12) Jul 14 Random girl 2
Naughty snapchat? (Jan '14) Jul 5 Willsbowties22 11
The Cooler Guy at Allstar Jun '14 Se hablo no eing-lash 3
•••
•••

Social Circle News Video

•••
•••

Social Circle Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••