Missing 13yr old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City

Posted in the Snyder Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Mike

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2011
Missing 13yr old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City, TX. Please call 325-728-5294 if you have seen her. She was last seen walking to a friend's house on Monday Dec. 27th about 1pm. There is a reward now for $10,000 for information leading to her safe return.
There is a prayer vigil tonight at Colorado Middle School, 7:30 for her.
If you know anything please call!
Mike

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Jan 2, 2011
I can't upload Hailey's photo on here, but you can see photos of her and more info on her description at http://on.fb.me/fo3ZEw

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 3, 2011
Where is Haleigh? PLEASE LOOK FOR HAILEY! Call any tips to 1-325-728-5294. THERE IS A $10,000 REWARD!
NoMoreLostChildr en

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jan 3, 2011
Just out of curiosity has the live in, or step whatever Mr. Adkins been checked out and given a lie detector test? And does anyone know if his middle name is michael and if he was born in 88?

I sure am hoping that she is found safe and her parents get to hug her then ground her. But the bf live in whatever should be looked at, that is a common theme these days.

And, certainly anyone around her would want to get all those questions out of the way so she can be found if they have nothing to hide. In the event it was a stranger and not a family member that has taken this child.
Mike

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jan 4, 2011
Yes, all of the people in both her mother's home and her dad's home have been interviewed and questioned by the police along with many more.
I no longer live in that town and do not know the family personally, so I don't know about Mr. Adkins middle name.
From what I read, the local police, local sheriff's office the DA's office and now the Texas Rangers are all involved in trying to find her.
To date they have not found any evidence suggesting it is anything more than a runaway, but she has never runaway before and from the locals there it seems she is a well grounded, popular and well liked kid who is not know for any type of trouble.
I understand they brought in blood hounds to track her scent but they turned up no new evidence.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 4, 2011
THE REWARD IS NOW $25,000! Please find Hailey!
mrsmoosebrown

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2011
My 13 yr old neice goes to school with Hailey and is a cheerleader with her and everyone misses her dearly please find her!!!!
straight talk

Voorhees, NJ

#8 Jan 5, 2011
I agree with the comment submitted by NO MORE LOST CHILDREN. Not saying the boyfriend is guilty, however, he should be checked into a lot more. It seems odd that everyone bringing the news to us seems to "skirt" around any questions surrounding this "boyfriend". First of all, HE said that the 13 yr old was "supposed" to spend the night at her BFF house, however, the BFF didn't know anything about it. That's suspicious right away. Just a couple of weeks ago, another woman was killed by her boyfriend and her young teen daughter was taken by him. Thank God they were able to find the girl and return her to other family members since he had killed her mother to be with her. He had a sex predator history. Perhaps the boyfriend in this (Hailey's case) has been waiting for an opportune time to act, seems like he was the only one home when she went missing and it seems strange that no one called to check up on the girl to make sure she was actually at the girlfriend's house. Once the mother had been told by the boyfriend that Monday that Hailey went to spend the night with her friend, she should have followed that up with a phone call to the friends house to speak with the friend's mother. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and IF the boyfriend was involved it gave him at least 1 whole day to clean up his act without anyone realizing what had happened to Hailey. Hailey's mother should recollect if there was any strange behavior from her boyfriend that day when she got home from work! I mean don't these women check these men out when they meet them. Ask questions around town...is he new to town...search the Sex Offender Registry in ANY state, it's free to the public!!!! If you don't care about your own life, at least think of your children! I just am having a hard time with any of this....Nancy Grace brings to our attention EVERY NIGHT that there are sexual predators WAITING around any corner to abduct a child. NO TOWN is excluded and as a matter of fact it would seem they fester in small towns USA. Night after night it seems a child has been abducted, murdered, abused somewhere, please SOCIETY WAKE UP!!! Trust no one and suspect everyone! I really hope that Hailey is found alive and well. My prayers go out to her and her family and to all the other children who are missing and their families also.
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Has anyone heard if Adkins has passed the polygraph? This is such a sad case and sounds as if this young girl pretty much told the adults what she was doing rather than the adults telling her what to do. I know it is 2011 and all, but don't children and young adults ask permission anymore if it would be alright with BOTH families if it was okay to spend the night somewhere? I know I raised my kids this way. One might not think it is that big of a deal, but it is and also a common courtesy. My kids would not have just had someone stay over without first asking my permission, nor would they just make their own plans to spend the night at someone else's house with asking me or the someone else's parent(s). Sounds like there is a big lack of communication here and a case of a young adult who ran here, there and everywhere without a care in the world. Her own bio father said she just came and went as she pleased in his house on NG last night.
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 5, 2011
straight talk wrote:
I agree with the comment submitted by NO MORE LOST CHILDREN. Not saying the boyfriend is guilty, however, he should be checked into a lot more. It seems odd that everyone bringing the news to us seems to "skirt" around any questions surrounding this "boyfriend". First of all, HE said that the 13 yr old was "supposed" to spend the night at her BFF house, however, the BFF didn't know anything about it. That's suspicious right away. Just a couple of weeks ago, another woman was killed by her boyfriend and her young teen daughter was taken by him. Thank God they were able to find the girl and return her to other family members since he had killed her mother to be with her. He had a sex predator history. Perhaps the boyfriend in this (Hailey's case) has been waiting for an opportune time to act, seems like he was the only one home when she went missing and it seems strange that no one called to check up on the girl to make sure she was actually at the girlfriend's house. Once the mother had been told by the boyfriend that Monday that Hailey went to spend the night with her friend, she should have followed that up with a phone call to the friends house to speak with the friend's mother. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and IF the boyfriend was involved it gave him at least 1 whole day to clean up his act without anyone realizing what had happened to Hailey. Hailey's mother should recollect if there was any strange behavior from her boyfriend that day when she got home from work! I mean don't these women check these men out when they meet them. Ask questions around town...is he new to town...search the Sex Offender Registry in ANY state, it's free to the public!!!! If you don't care about your own life, at least think of your children! I just am having a hard time with any of this....Nancy Grace brings to our attention EVERY NIGHT that there are sexual predators WAITING around any corner to abduct a child. NO TOWN is excluded and as a matter of fact it would seem they fester in small towns USA. Night after night it seems a child has been abducted, murdered, abused somewhere, please SOCIETY WAKE UP!!! Trust no one and suspect everyone! I really hope that Hailey is found alive and well. My prayers go out to her and her family and to all the other children who are missing and their families also.
Straight Talk: I fully agree with your post, but you know society has taken a step back and at one time children and family came first in a parent's life. That has all changed now. Kids are no longer number one. These women break up with dude after dude and so what??? move another in and its nothing more than a swingin door to some. Same thing with single fathers these days! The majority can't live or stand to be by themself, or to be independant and take care of a child or children on their own. I remember the days when a single woman wouldn't dare move a man in to their home with their children. Why??? because the children came first, that's why. All these missing children and mysterious disappearances would not be happening if the parents put the children FIRST. By being FIRST, that means knowing where the child is at all times, who they are with and what they are doing. If a parent can not supervise the child themself, then they need to hire someone who can. That's called a baby sitter. That is a parent's responsibility and what putting a child first means. I wonder if some of these parents now days have more sense than their children? Seems not in many of these cases. The level of maturity is very low, therefore there is no such thing as responsibility, just ownership and nothing more. They put themselves first and the children just exist and survive the best they can.
NoMoreLostChildr en

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Jan 5, 2011
It is sad. I mean you have Hailey and her brother coming and going as they darn well please. And her two parents playing house with strangers. While they are still married, too. This is the example they are setting. And this is just one family. This is become the norm instead of the exception and it is a shame.

I wish they would drug test the whole lot of them. But they won't. And don't give me the whole she is a nurse. Nurses do drugs too....
arabesque

Wise, VA

#12 Jan 5, 2011
NoMore, do you know the family personally? Do you know them well enough to pass judgment? Do you have specific reasons to think the family needs to be drug tested, or are you just making shots in the dark?
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#13 Jan 5, 2011
NoMoreLostChildren wrote:
It is sad. I mean you have Hailey and her brother coming and going as they darn well please. And her two parents playing house with strangers. While they are still married, too. This is the example they are setting. And this is just one family. This is become the norm instead of the exception and it is a shame.
I wish they would drug test the whole lot of them. But they won't. And don't give me the whole she is a nurse. Nurses do drugs too....
Exactly! and just what kind of Nurse is she supposed to be? Some kind of Aid? Sure didn't seem to have much intelligence. Then to lie about the boyfriend being at work and then admiting or telling the next story that no, he wasn't, he was fired or quit his job that morning, and he went to his Mother's in a neighboring city, but wait, oh now he was at the child's home right before she disappeared. Kind of strange that no results have been released from the polygraph this morning that the mother says was scheduled. If he passed it, seems he would be cleared. I also find it strange that a mother or father would allow their young daughter to run around an area that has a motel within such close range as just a few blocks??? Aren't these motels just a haven for SO's and bums/transients? weekly rates and so on? I thought that is what these motels attract. Why would anybody want their daughter even in the vacinity? Is there no fear,caution or concern anymore when it comes to a young girl?
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2011
arabesque wrote:
NoMore, do you know the family personally? Do you know them well enough to pass judgment? Do you have specific reasons to think the family needs to be drug tested, or are you just making shots in the dark?
I don't think its a case of passing judgement or not on any of these missing children forums. And no where does it say you have to know people personally to make a post. Actions speak for themselves and we saw the actions last night. There are also more news reports out that you may not have read. As far as drug testing goes, damn straight they should be! All parents along with their livins, shackups or whatever you want to call them of all these missing/mysterious/disappeared and nobody knows nothing attitude or stand should be tested for drugs and it should be mandatory. Too much of this nonsense going on in every state and it is getting worse daily. If the parents test positive for illegal drugs, then they should be charged for negligence and endangering. If this young girl had of been supervised properly, she probably would not be missing today. What do I mean by supervised properly? First of all, she would not have told some "boyfriend" of her mother's, she was spending the night somewhere! She would have asked permission to spend the night first to the homeowner she was staying with and then her mother. But none of that happened, so now nobody knows nothing. If the boyfriend loved her so much as he claims, then why was he not more concerned over Hailey's well being? Why didn't he call her mother right then and ask if it was alright? or ask her bio father who just lives across the street? or find out from the other girl's mother/father that yes indeed it was okay? Nobody did a friggin thing till late the next day and now people wonder why this young girl can't be found? She was all over that neighborhood and nobody knows nothing! Problem more so is that these so called parents or livins/boyfriends allow the children to make decisions they have no business making. Who is the adult here??
carmenU

New Orleans, LA

#15 Jan 5, 2011
Are there any locals online who actually no the family.Can you tell us why they searched the house and what was removed from the house?
ccitymomma

Colorado City, TX

#16 Jan 6, 2011
since when does a City Manager go on radio, tv and etc and speak about a local law issue...

I can't recall ever seeing any city manager (Abilene, Dallas, Chicago, Snyder, or Po-dunk) become the spokesman when there is a law issue such as abduction, murder, rape, etc. Of course, he is the "head" of all city employees, but he allows those hired to do their jobs. It seems that our city manager just has to control everyone.
carmenU

New Orleans, LA

#17 Jan 6, 2011
ccitymomma wrote:
since when does a City Manager go on radio, tv and etc and speak about a local law issue...
I can't recall ever seeing any city manager (Abilene, Dallas, Chicago, Snyder, or Po-dunk) become the spokesman when there is a law issue such as abduction, murder, rape, etc. Of course, he is the "head" of all city employees, but he allows those hired to do their jobs. It seems that our city manager just has to control everyone.
Yeah, that is wierd. Maybe he wants 15 minutes of fame since he is now coming forward as case goes national. The Chief of Police should be the one giving updates.
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#18 Jan 6, 2011
News out of Odessa is reporting that Boyfriend is on the run. Reports say he refused two polys yesterday, finally signed papers for third, then left the building and did not return to the Dunn home where he had been living with the missing girl, her mom and brother. Reports are also saying that many items of interest were removed from the home and outside shed behind the home late yesterday afternoon. Not looking good for this little teen girl who had a whole life ahead of her! So sad that innocent children are left to fend or take care of themselves when they are not ready for it, or they are forced to be in the company of some undesirable livein that the custodial parent moves in for themself with no regard or concern for their children. God Bless little Hailey Dunn.
blowsmymind

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jan 6, 2011
Is Colorado city so remote, that the locals dont have internet access. Or maybe not too aware of topix? There is so little listed here about Hailey and/or her family. Small town USA where everyone knows everyone - Id think there would be alot more info floating around here on Topix.
carmenU

New Orleans, LA

#20 Jan 6, 2011
Native Texan wrote:
News out of Odessa is reporting that Boyfriend is on the run. Reports say he refused two polys yesterday, finally signed papers for third, then left the building and did not return to the Dunn home where he had been living with the missing girl, her mom and brother. Reports are also saying that many items of interest were removed from the home and outside shed behind the home late yesterday afternoon. Not looking good for this little teen girl who had a whole life ahead of her! So sad that innocent children are left to fend or take care of themselves when they are not ready for it, or they are forced to be in the company of some undesirable livein that the custodial parent moves in for themself with no regard or concern for their children. God Bless little Hailey Dunn.
What! You assume alot! Mom is a nurse. She was working. Dadand Girlfriend live across the street. Haile4y was good student and cheerleader. No evidence she was troubled. Let's hope your life never gets placed under a microscope. Shame on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snyder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fossilfarts 708
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Gasman 543
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... Sep '14 Jesus 6
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut Aug '14 Sherry 2
Is mitchell county in a oil boom or not Aug '14 I no 1
Looking for Aug '14 Friend 1
Purchase of Mitchell Co. Utilities by C-City Aug '14 Concered 1
Snyder Dating
Find my Match

Snyder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Snyder News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Snyder