NoToBond

United States

#1 May 5, 2013
I really wish Mr. Spencer would quit using the Sandy Hook mass shooting to promote his new $30mil + school bond proposal. 1. It's distasteful and cheapens his agenda by using something tragic as a means to get votes. 2. Sandy Hook was a brand new facility with state of the art technology and security and yet, it still did not prevent the tragedy that took place.
YesToBond

United States

#2 May 6, 2013
I can agree with part of your post. Sandy Hook doesn't need to be brought up. I disagree with sandy Hook being a brand new state of the art facility. If you do a simple google search for images of the school, you will see that it is not a new facility. When people start spouting off untruths along with truths, their gripe is not taken as legitimate. Know your facts before posting them!
NoToBond

United States

#3 May 6, 2013
Did Sandy Hook not have state of the art security and technology? Maybe the building was not brand spanking new, but in my research, it seems that the school was top of the line as far as security purposes are concerned. My point still remains: make your case for this new school, but DO NOT use this tragedy to promote your agenda.
Madge

United States

#4 May 6, 2013
I have some concerns about the bond. Will the old schools be torn down? How are they gonna pay for that...it won't be cheap? If a new gym is built, what will happen to the pit and all the money that was poured into it? Plus it's got so much history, a new fancy gym can't compare! By the time this thing is paid off, this school will need major updates or be falling apart...look at the high school. Still undecided on my vote.
Good to go

Abilene, TX

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Can't wait to see construction begin.
ccitycares

Abilene, TX

#6 Jun 23, 2013
Note that bond will be used to increase employee salaries, they deserve a pay increase, does reggie Spencer also receive a pay increase, if so how much .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snyder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
Water Reclamation Plant in Westbrook Jan 30 Thanks for the ch... 1
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Dec '14 Donna 8,609
Hailey Dunn's mom not questioned since Texas ch... (May '13) Dec '14 saltliving 12
Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '14 joseph 9
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... (Jul '14) Sep '14 Jesus 6
Snyder Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Snyder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:06 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:06PM