More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,152

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10198 Nov 3, 2013
DUH wrote:
what does this have to do with birds falling from the sky ??? You people need to start a NEW TOPIC !
Like other topics don't shift too? DUH!
Here's a video for you- back to birds:

SE Michigan

#10200 Nov 3, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! You libs got it all figured out. How many illegal aliens do you house up there any ways?
We house many fewer illegals than you do. But then, OUR border checkpoints are on the actual border!
jesse

Texarkana, TX

#10206 Nov 3, 2013
Cooterville wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesse Im sorry to inform you that was your mother in drag. Now stfu before I slap you with the big stromboli, do you understand? well do you pumpkin.
lmao! That's all you got! What a wus! Your the only one that likes the hermaphrodite

SE Michigan

#10207 Nov 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We don't house any illegal aliens. They all head toward liberal country where you people will give them free handouts! You have Agents all over the place up there, you just don't know about it..
What does that have to do with dead birds?
OlPapaw

United States

#10209 Nov 4, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with dead birds?
The Wetbackus Mexicanus is an invasive species.Only way to control them is to disrupt their habitats with liberal applications of Deportationdust(similar to sevin dust).
As an invasive bird, it reproduces at an alarming rate.If the powder is not applied soon enough, you will see a real infestation.
Another species, the Mexicanus Drug Sparrow is deadly!
Final solution may well be dead birds.
OlPapaw

United States

#10212 Nov 5, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
Watch closely until the end!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o_WBo4sfmi4XX
Thank you! This video reminds me of how far we have fallen.
Wonder if we could get Ron Paul to run again?
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#10213 Nov 6, 2013
I likely have saved the live,s of a large number of birds. last nite I caught a fleeting glimpse of something in my headlights as I pulled into the yard. It looked like a rabbit. However I thought that might possibly be a housecat? So I baited a live trap with a empty tuna fish can. Just now I checked the trap and it was a young healthy full grown calico cat. And all calico cats are female. So that cat and all the potential kittens it might have produced will not kill any birds. Im tempted to skin it out and put the pelt in with my other pelts. I bet it will get a reaction from the fur buyer. They buy bobcat & lynx why not a calico cat?
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#10214 Nov 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God Obama has ruined this economy or we would be spending more money on them crossing our borders!
That's the solution no jobs and they will deport themselves!

SE Michigan

#10215 Nov 6, 2013
OlPapaw wrote:
<quoted text>
The Wetbackus Mexicanus is an invasive species.Only way to control them is to disrupt their habitats with liberal applications of Deportationdust(similar to sevin dust).
As an invasive bird, it reproduces at an alarming rate.If the powder is not applied soon enough, you will see a real infestation.
Another species, the Mexicanus Drug Sparrow is deadly!
Final solution may well be dead birds.
Be careful. Warrior might report abuse?

SE Michigan

#10216 Nov 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God Obama has ruined this economy or we would be spending more money on them crossing our borders!
Give me a break! I am by no means an Obama supporter, but to say HE ruined the economy, when Bush was issuing bailouts because of a bad economy, is denial at its worst.

You place too much stock in a president, whether repub or dem, and it's just so flabbergasting to me, I am beyond words.

Bush didn't ruin the economy and neither did Obama. The PEOPLE ruined the economy for themselves!

Businesses moved out.
People bought imported products.
Unions got greedy.
CEO's were overpaid.
People borrowed beyond what they could afford.

Even now three year olds are being encouraged to play with credit cards.

SE Michigan

#10217 Nov 6, 2013
OlPapaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! This video reminds me of how far we have fallen.
Wonder if we could get Ron Paul to run again?
I believe it's three strikes and you're out. The people had their chance to get back on the track our founders set for us. We blew it with the help of the media and the power hungry establishment parties.

SE Michigan

#10218 Nov 6, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
I likely have saved the live,s of a large number of birds. last nite I caught a fleeting glimpse of something in my headlights as I pulled into the yard. It looked like a rabbit. However I thought that might possibly be a housecat? So I baited a live trap with a empty tuna fish can. Just now I checked the trap and it was a young healthy full grown calico cat. And all calico cats are female. So that cat and all the potential kittens it might have produced will not kill any birds. Im tempted to skin it out and put the pelt in with my other pelts. I bet it will get a reaction from the fur buyer. They buy bobcat & lynx why not a calico cat?
I'll say a prayer for the poor cat. But I thank God more birds will live to reproduce. They need all the help they can get.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/last-song-for-mi...
bob

Oklahoma City, OK

#10219 Nov 6, 2013
Have a good day!
Local Busy Man

Mountain Home, AR

#10220 Nov 6, 2013
bob wrote:
Have a good day!
You also have a great day.
Delete

United States

#10223 Nov 6, 2013
This needs deleted
Cat hunter

Rison, AR

#10224 Nov 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, a stray cat around my place just had 5 kittens. I am feeding them all.
Provide your address, I promise they won't be strays anymore do you understand? Well
Stromboli

Rison, AR

#10225 Nov 6, 2013
bob wrote:
Have a good day!
Go sux a big dyck and have a good day.
Local Busy Dyck Sucker

Rison, AR

#10226 Nov 6, 2013
Local Busy Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have a great day.
You been served big glass of stfu dyck sucker
OlPapaw

United States

#10227 Nov 6, 2013
Cat hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide your address, I promise they won't be strays anymore do you understand? Well
You trying to be Ted Bundy? Go to Warriors place, you might be the hunted.

SE Michigan

#10229 Nov 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, a stray cat around my place just had 5 kittens. I am feeding them all.
You will help them become strong, healthy well-fed bird stalkers. They too will have kittens and so will those kittens, etc.. Birds will continue to decline. And then disappear. It would be in the best interest of the native bird life in your area to get rid of the cats....NOW.

The following article might be from Chicago, but it applies all over the country. Non-native cats are a HUGE threat to birds. As a non-birder, you most likely don't understand the scope of the problem. It's extremely serious....trust me!

Audubon recently announced that an entire suite of wild birds are, in fact, still common. But it’s the declines over the past 40 years—as high as 82 percent—that are troubling.

How many cats are your neighbors keeping well-fed too? The birds need our help.
http://www.chicagowilderness.org/CW_Archives/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snow-Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Feb '11 reader 66
Snow-Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Snow-Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Snow-Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Snow-Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]