More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10182 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9743 Oct 13, 2013
Yes I always carry a rifle or shotgun in my truck. I used to carry a 44 mag ruger with a ten inch barell. that thing is so heavy I kepp it next to the bed. I now have a 9 mm lorcen that I keep in a pocket that is sewn on the inside of my bib overalls. It has a laser sight Im quite deadly with it.
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9744 Oct 13, 2013
We might need guns pretty soon. The Food stamp cards quit working in 17 states. Those wiggers will riot if their welfare is cut off
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9746 Oct 13, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
We might need guns pretty soon. The Food stamp cards quit working in 17 states. Those wiggers will riot if their welfare is cut off
They will burn down the cities once they figure out the free stuff is not coming any more! My family has planned for that day for years. Bring them on!
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9747 Oct 13, 2013

Video: EBT System Crash: 16 States Out of Service:“How Am I Going to Feed My Family?”

Mac Slavo
October 12th, 2013
SHTFplan.com

Comments (233)

Read by 7,735 people

ebt-outoforder

(Pictured: Grocery stores and retailers are posting signs for shoppers about the Electronic Benefits Outage)

The Electronic Benefits Transfer system responsible for providing 50,000,000 Americans the means to put food on the table has crashed.

The outage is reportedly affecting at least sixteen states.

Via The Organic Prepper:

Abandoned carts full of food were a frequent sight in grocery stores Saturday morning, as the EBT food assistance debit system stopped working without warning.

According to a Xerox spokesperson, a routine system check by the vendor resulted in system failure, leaving assistance recipients across the country with no way to buy food.

Xerox spokeswoman Karen Arena confirmed via email Saturday afternoon that some Electronic Benefits Transfer systems are experiencing temporary connectivity issues. She said technical staff is addressing the issue and expects the system to be restored soon. U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Courtney Rowe underscored that the outage is not related to the government shutdown. Xerox runs EBT card systems for 17 states and all were affected by the outage.(source)

Users of EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) cards in California, Ohio, Michigan and several other states are unable to make purchases due to connectivity issues.

But it gets worse…

Xerox is notifying retailers to revert to the manual system, meaning SNAP customers can spend up to $50 until the system is back online. SNAP recipients should call the 800 number on the back of their card, and Xerox will guide them through the purchase process.(source)

However, that system is not working either – it’s “closed for maintenance.”

Shoppers left carts of groceries behind at a packed Market Basket grocery store in Biddeford, Maine, because they couldn’t get their benefits, said fellow shopper Barbara Colman, of Saco, Maine. The manager put up a sign saying the EBT system was not in use. Colman, who receives the benefits, called an 800 telephone line for the program and it said the system was down due to maintenance, she said.

“That’s a problem. There’s a lot of families who are not going to be able to feed children because the system is being maintenanced,” Colman said.“No one should put maintenance in during the daytime.”(source)

Despite the fact that government workers report orders from the Obama administration to “make life as difficult for people as we can”, the nation is assured that the EBT failure is in fact due to server issues and NOT due to the government shutdown.

Hattip NinaO

If you ever wanted to know what the United States might look like and how people will react should the EBT system fail, then pay close attention

I go to the register and they ask me “how you going to pay.”

I said with food stamps.

“Oh, we’re shut down, you can’t pay with food stamps.”

I got kids to feed. You know?

And because the government’s down I can’t feed my family?

What’s going on with America? Now they trying to starve us to death?

…This is crazy

…I got six kids I have to feed.

I’m just trying to figure out how to get something to eat

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9748 Oct 13, 2013
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9749 Oct 13, 2013
Its likely a blessing disguise. Those folks are complacient. They have bling faith that the government will continue to be their enablers no matter what. Now If the government shutdown happens. Or the first of the month redistribution is delayed for just one day the reciepents will be shaken from their comfort zone. Maybe then the will start to question. maybe then they will start to address what if,s? Maybe then they will prep and take responsibility for their own well being. I know its politically incorrectand many will think its wrong. But I think its damm funny as a lot of other self reliant folks do too.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9750 Oct 13, 2013
Nice hardware fellas ! I have had to slowly rebuild my armory.Got a Springfield M1A for distance or meat production.A 1911 .45 acp for the front door. Couple Ruger 9mm.Oh and a M1 carbine. Going to have to replace shotguns, 30-30 and 22s.
Found a website, United Nations ammo. Had some odd calibers(to me), never heard of 9mm Mauser !
Wilson Combat was selling 5.56 20 rds $8.00 plus shipping .PMC brand, made in Korea.
My son has the slidefire stock on his black rifle.Will sure burn up the ammo.
Setting up my Lee press, going to roll my own Lol
birdy

United States

#9751 Oct 13, 2013
What?
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9752 Oct 13, 2013
birdy wrote:
What?
What who when where how has have is am are may might must can could?

United States

#9753 Oct 13, 2013
birdy wrote:
What?
You no habla? Twenty dollar american?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9754 Oct 13, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
Nice hardware fellas ! I have had to slowly rebuild my armory.Got a Springfield M1A for distance or meat production.A 1911 .45 acp for the front door. Couple Ruger 9mm.Oh and a M1 carbine. Going to have to replace shotguns, 30-30 and 22s.
Found a website, United Nations ammo. Had some odd calibers(to me), never heard of 9mm Mauser !
Wilson Combat was selling 5.56 20 rds $8.00 plus shipping .PMC brand, made in Korea.
My son has the slidefire stock on his black rifle.Will sure burn up the ammo.
Setting up my Lee press, going to roll my own Lol
We have safes full of weapons. We have literally thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. I bought another 6 new weapons this year alone. I know in the end they will get us out of this place if they really want. They just better bring a lot of body bags. It's a shame I have had to prepare my family this way but it's the sign of the times..

Jonesboro, AR

#9755 Oct 13, 2013
For Pete's sake, can we just retire this thread?

United States

#9756 Oct 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We have safes full of weapons. We have literally thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. I bought another 6 new weapons this year alone. I know in the end they will get us out of this place if they really want. They just better bring a lot of body bags. It's a shame I have had to prepare my family this way but it's the sign of the times..
The doomsday stuff is scary! Someone posted "We are three meals away from anarchy." Hope it does not come to pass. Took both of my kids to the range when they were little.Burned a bunch of .22s.They are both gun savvy. Plan to watch the grandbabies learn too.
Saw a sign that said"I would rather have a gun in hand, than a cop on the phone."
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9757 Oct 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
For Pete's sake, can we just retire this thread?
What's wrong with Pete? I hope he gets better..
awakez

Searcy, AR

#9758 Oct 14, 2013
MOSES-1 wrote:
These gases if that is the case, maybe confined to a certain level upwards can move horizontal.
(CNN)-- The Arkansas Geological Survey is trying to unravel a mystery: What is causing earthquakes in the town of Guy, Arkansas?
Since September 20, the community of 549 residents north of Little Rock has experienced an almost constant shaking from 487 measurable earthquakes.
"We've had 15 today including a 3.1 (magnitude) from this morning," Scott Ausbrooks, geohazards supervisor for the Geological Survey, said Monday. "These are shallow quakes between two and eight kilometers (between one-and-a-quarter and five miles) below the surface.
http://www.wibw.com/mobi...
Arkansas has a new quake prediction monitor at http://quakepredictor.net If something big is coming levels will be high. Levels hit 117 recently before the quake near Pleasant plains.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9759 Oct 14, 2013
awakez wrote:
<quoted text>
Arkansas has a new quake prediction monitor at http://quakepredictor.net If something big is coming levels will be high. Levels hit 117 recently before the quake near Pleasant plains.
That new predictor will go off the scale once Obama Care arrives!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9760 Oct 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I will address your last point first. Because those things sound really silly just like ALL the things you mentioned were freedoms taken away from you. There is nowhere I go without a gun in my pocket. I have never had any problems camping on any National Forest. Do you get your groceries for free, your insurance, your clothes, your gas, your camping gear, your dog food, any of that stuff for free? Why do you not bitch about everything you have to pay for? Shouldn't everything be free in liberal land? You have the right to bear arms, now bear them. It doesn't say you have the right to bear FREE ARMS, FREE AMMO, FREE CLEANING RODS, or anything else FREE concerning Arms. Do you live in the United States? You seem to have many issues wherever it is you live. Maybe a change of scenery will do you some good. People out in these parts of the woods don't have the foggiest idea what it is you foreigners have to go through. Move to the United States and that should cure your ill..
Where in the Constitution does it say we must PAY the government in order to exercise one of our rights? Paying for ammo is NOT the same thing as paying for the right to carry a gun.

You must be of the mindset that we must also pay the government in order to exercise our right to free speech.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9761 Oct 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It's called a Republic lady. You ever read the Constitution and Bill of Rights. You elect people to represent you. If you don't like what they do than get them out of office. I have no problems living my life here in the United States. I can walk around town including the mall and Wal Mart with a gun strapped to my hip for all to see or one concealed in my pocket without anybody saying a word! I know liberals don't believe rules are meant for them that they are meant for everybody else but that is not reality. Honestly I would move to the United States if I was you..
Get them out of office, eh?
Have you no clue as to how rigged our elections are? Your vote does NOT count, get it? Ever wonder why they are pushing electronic voting on us?

New Mexico may still be like the old west where you do as you please, but the rest of the country is not.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9762 Oct 14, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution does it say we must PAY the government in order to exercise one of our rights? Paying for ammo is NOT the same thing as paying for the right to carry a gun.
You must be of the mindset that we must also pay the government in order to exercise our right to free speech.
Where does it say you don't have to pay?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9763 Oct 14, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I carry a gun here and I don't have to pay anything. You should really move to the United States!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snow-Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Feb '11 reader 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Snow-Lake Mortgages