Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Caraway, AR

#29603 Mar 5, 2014
Although I'm not too familiar with the story, I try to understand/sympathize with the individual (former Navy serviceman and fireman) from CT having a fit about registering his guns. I guess some people firmly believe in the Constitutional Rights to keep and bear arms and have an arsenal at their fingertips-I don't necessarily understand it, but I don't try to much either. I can also see reasons why lawmakers might possibly want a system in place to know where all of the stockpiles are-not necessarily related to prevention of school shootings, probably also due to all of the people that seem to hate the system, hate the leaders, sometimes seem to hate authority in general and present an appearance that it would not take much for them to instigate a revolt. Is there not any thought process out there that the grand ole USA might just like to know where the good guys are that have guns too?
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

#29604 Mar 6, 2014
guest wrote:
Although I'm not too familiar with the story, I try to understand/sympathize with the individual (former Navy serviceman and fireman) from CT having a fit about registering his guns. I guess some people firmly believe in the Constitutional Rights to keep and bear arms and have an arsenal at their fingertips-I don't necessarily understand it, but I don't try to much either. I can also see reasons why lawmakers might possibly want a system in place to know where all of the stockpiles are-not necessarily related to prevention of school shootings, probably also due to all of the people that seem to hate the system, hate the leaders, sometimes seem to hate authority in general and present an appearance that it would not take much for them to instigate a revolt. Is there not any thought process out there that the grand ole USA might just like to know where the good guys are that have guns too?
My wife stock piles shoes, over two hundred pair,I don't understand it but it's legal. When Obama decides to Executive Order my other rights away, I'll be throwing shoes at his zombies
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29605 Mar 6, 2014
guest wrote:
Many people have a "stockpile" of guns but not for any revolt or to do harm to anyone else but rather just because they love to collect guns. No one seems to be in an uproar about anyone who has millions of baseball cards. Well, there are people that feel the same about collecting guns as others do about collecting baseball cards or anything else for that matter. This gun issue is no more than a political power grab designed for the government to be able to assert control over the citizens of this nation. Gun violence, as a whole, in this nation has gone down in the past few decades. What we see now is an attempt by the media to artificially change the perception of how bad it is by reporting every single shooting in our country. Shootings that used to get no coverage are now plastered all over the news as if gun violence is suddenly an epidemic that needs to be stopped. It's simply not true.
RAND PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

United States

#29608 Mar 6, 2014
Support RAND PAUL. He is our only hope!!! All the other candidates are working together on a new world order.......you don't want! Learn about Rand Paul and check out Ron Pauls news channel. The real news... not what they want us to hear. He can win with our support!!!! If everyone pays attention...

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#29609 Mar 6, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people have a "stockpile" of guns but not for any revolt or to do harm to anyone else but rather just because they love to collect guns. No one seems to be in an uproar about anyone who has millions of baseball cards. Well, there are people that feel the same about collecting guns as others do about collecting baseball cards or anything else for that matter. This gun issue is no more than a political power grab designed for the government to be able to assert control over the citizens of this nation. Gun violence, as a whole, in this nation has gone down in the past few decades. What we see now is an attempt by the media to artificially change the perception of how bad it is by reporting every single shooting in our country. Shootings that used to get no coverage are now plastered all over the news as if gun violence is suddenly an epidemic that needs to be stopped. I

"Past few decades", you might want to revisit that one, the over all crime rate has been down for the last ten years, including homicide by firearm.

However that does not diminish the fact that the U.S. firearm related homicide is 19.5 times higher than any other high income country.

BTW- people kill people, not baseball cards.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#29610 Mar 6, 2014
a big night for Barney wrote:
<quoted text> The Thursday Livestock auction in Salem Arkansas will have a large number of Goats and Sheep for Barney to take pleasure on.
You can bet that after work be will be sneaking over there to select his next romantic interlude.
Make sure you leave that grease from being a fry cook on your clothes it will help for a lubricant
Your Mother told me the same thing, she said, " not only does it work well as a lubricant it taste great as well.
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29611 Mar 6, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Past few decades", you might want to revisit that one, the over all crime rate has been down for the last ten years, including homicide by firearm.
However that does not diminish the fact that the U.S. firearm related homicide is 19.5 times higher than any other high income country.
But the homicides are being committed in the areas that have the strictest gun control laws. We have one of the lowest murder rates of people being beheaded.
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29612 Mar 6, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Mother told me the same thing, she said, " not only does it work well as a lubricant it taste great as well.
You sure seem to communicate with a lot of our mothers, can't you find a girl your age?
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29613 Mar 6, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Past few as in 2 decades with the over all trend declining since the 1980. http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/hus11.pdf

With 89% of all Americans owning guns, that skews you 19.5 times higher simply because we Americans have 50% more guns than the next two nations combined so it stands to reason that we will have more gun related deaths. We also have more cars than other nations and also have more car related fatalities. Do you see a pattern here? Guatemala has 36.38 deaths per 100,000 citizens, Honduras 64.80, Jamaica 39.74, El Salvador 41.11, Columbia 28.14, Venezuela 50.90, Swaziland 37.16, Mexico 11.17, and Brazil 19.13. Compared to the United States at 10.30, all of these countries have more gun related deaths than we do. Just because the gross number isn't higher doesn't mean they aren't more violent. You need to put it in context. To be fair, there are countries that have far less gun related deaths than we do per capita such as Romania which has a rate of .19 deaths per 100,000 but gun ownership is at .7 per 100 people which still makes them more violent than the U.S. because the rate would be 16.19 if as many people owned guns as did in the U.S.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#29614 Mar 6, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
But the homicides are being committed in the areas that have the strictest gun control laws. We have one of the lowest murder rates of people being beheaded.
Jam 60,000 rednecks per square mile into a fifty square mile city for a year, give each a plastic Spork and you would have a murder rate to match any metropolitan area in America
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29615 Mar 6, 2014
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jam 60,000 rednecks per square mile into a fifty square mile city for a year, give each a plastic Spork and you would have a murder rate to match any metropolitan area in America
You're the one claiming to be a red neck, I and mine have risen above that.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#29616 Mar 6, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one claiming to be a red neck, I and mine have risen above that.
I can tell from your posts that you've indeed risen to a elite class of movers and shakers.
bnvjhgfytrg

Little Rock, AR

#29617 Mar 6, 2014
a big night for barney wrote,maggie wrote,reality check wrote,guest wrote,
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29618 Mar 6, 2014
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell from your posts that you've indeed risen to a elite class of movers and shakers.
And you old like to lower us to that of a third world country, you control the courts and the media, you just might do it.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29620 Mar 7, 2014
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
For deer and fish maybe.
wemmon

Pittsburgh, PA

#29621 Mar 7, 2014
war coming

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

#29622 Mar 7, 2014

The Nightmare In ObamaCare

This is very interesting and scary.

JIM MEIER OSP PROJECT ENGINEER
678-XXX-0052 CELL
346 CLINTON AVE
SPRING CITY ,Tennessee 37381
or
369 HORIZON DR N. Fort Myers Fl. 33903

RE: OBAMACARE A comment posted on the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 AM. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually. I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. Informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the
"REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine.

First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly!

This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."

Kinda sheds a lot of light on all of the arming and beefing up of arms for all of the domestic departments INCLUDING the IRS now doesn't it?

There's a war coming folks...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29623 Mar 7, 2014
Has Hillary Clinton done anything that would warrant her being president of this nation? Apparently not.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/05/wa ...
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#29624 Mar 7, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
And you old like to lower us to that of a third world country, you control the courts and the media, you just might do it.
Typical conservative loon.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#29625 Mar 7, 2014
war coming wrote:
The Nightmare In ObamaCare
This is very interesting and scary.
JIM MEIER OSP PROJECT ENGINEER
678-XXX-0052 CELL
346 CLINTON AVE
SPRING CITY ,Tennessee 37381
or
369 HORIZON DR N. Fort Myers Fl. 33903
RE: OBAMACARE A comment posted on the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare
"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 AM. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually. I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance.
I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. Informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the
"REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine.
First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly!
This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."
Kinda sheds a lot of light on all of the arming and beefing up of arms for all of the domestic departments INCLUDING the IRS now doesn't it?
There's a war coming folks...
Typical conservative loon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snow-Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Jan '17 Rockie 69

Snow-Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Snow-Lake Mortgages