Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26711 Sep 6, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears you are quoting two different sources in this post, is that correct?
Yes. I wanted to show just how many jobs it takes to keep up with population growth and the article I used to show how bad the market actually is didn't have the information I needed. The article I used actually had the numbers from 80,000 all the way up to 224,000 so I went somewhere in the middle.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26712 Sep 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I wanted to show just how many jobs it takes to keep up with population growth and the article I used to show how bad the market actually is didn't have the information I needed. The article I used actually had the numbers from 80,000 all the way up to 224,000 so I went somewhere in the middle.
Let me see if I got this correct. You could not find the information you needed, so you just made up a number, and I quote called it a "fact".

"In fact, the number of people reporting they had jobs, a measure based on a separate survey from the one used to calculate payroll gains, actually fell by 115,000 in August"

What was the source of the, "separate survey" you are referring to?

I see why you would want to use a separate survey other than

"calculate payroll gains"

Here is why.

ADP's proprietary private payrolls jobs report shows a gain of 176,000 private sector jobs for August 2013. ADP revised July's job figures down by 2,000 to 198 thousand jobs.

The U.S. needs about 115,000 jobs per month, minimum just to keep up with population growth, with the same lousy, artificially low, labor participation rates.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/adp-e...

Location hidden

#26713 Sep 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you get to hung up on the headlines of the vanishing work force, keep this in mine,

The jobs report follows other recent economic reports that were considerably more rosy, including one Wednesday from the Federal Reserve's "beige book" which found the economy was expanding at a "modest to moderate" pace. The Commerce Department recently revised second-quarter economic growth upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent.

[
Additionally, the Institute for Supply Management said Thursday its survey of purchasing managers the businesspeople who buy supplies for their companies climbed to 58.6 percent in August from 56 percent in July. That's the highest level since the index was created in 2008.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/09/0...

Keep in mine, this rate has been dropping for a decade, and as Forbes Magz. says biggest part of it is baby boomers retiring.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#26714 Sep 7, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I got this correct. You could not find the information you needed, so you just made up a number, and I quote called it a "fact".
"In fact, the number of people reporting they had jobs, a measure based on a separate survey from the one used to calculate payroll gains, actually fell by 115,000 in August"
What was the source of the, "separate survey" you are referring to?
I see why you would want to use a separate survey other than
"calculate payroll gains"
Here is why.
ADP's proprietary private payrolls jobs report shows a gain of 176,000 private sector jobs for August 2013. ADP revised July's job figures down by 2,000 to 198 thousand jobs.
The U.S. needs about 115,000 jobs per month, minimum just to keep up with population growth, with the same lousy, artificially low, labor participation rates.
http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/adp-e...
The bottom line Boy Barney is that in no time in history has the United States experienced more people on welfare than they do now. Even with 99 weeks of Obama unemployment the unemployment rate is extremely high and if the truth were to be told it would be more than double the number told due to all of those who have just given up and dropped out of the job market thanks to the worse administration in the history of this country. Face it Obama SUCKS!
Reality Check

Hot Springs Village, AR

#26715 Sep 7, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you get to hung up on the headlines of the vanishing work force, keep this in mine,
The jobs report follows other recent economic reports that were considerably more rosy, including one Wednesday from the Federal Reserve's "beige book" which found the economy was expanding at a "modest to moderate" pace. The Commerce Department recently revised second-quarter economic growth upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent.
[
Additionally, the Institute for Supply Management said Thursday its survey of purchasing managers the businesspeople who buy supplies for their companies climbed to 58.6 percent in August from 56 percent in July. That's the highest level since the index was created in 2008.
Keep in mine, this rate has been dropping for a decade, and as Forbes Magz. says biggest part of it is baby boomers retiring.
Whatever makes you feel better. The problems with predictions, especially government agency predictions, is that they don't mean squat. The only thing that counts is the data that gets recorded AFTER the event being predicted takes place. So if some statistic combined with a favorable prediction of something that hasn't even happened yet makes you feel better, I don't have a problem with it. The REALITY is the economy sucks and so does president Obama and his administration and everything shows it. The factors that look good for our economy are being manipulated. Interest rates are artificially low due to the $85 billion being pumped into the bonds market by the feds. What would the stock market look like of we took 5 years of $85 billion per year out? The unemployment rate is due to more people dropping out of the market each month and not more jobs being created. And, no, I'm not implying that Obama is the only president in our history that has ever manipulated economic data. He's just the worst.
gggh

Edmond, OK

#26717 Sep 7, 2013
kjkjk
Quest

Norman, OK

#26718 Sep 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
[
The highest since Obama took office, now that is saying something.

Location hidden

#26719 Sep 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest since Obama took office, now that is saying something.
Please tell us, just what is that statement saying to you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#26720 Sep 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he will when you start explaining all of the nonsense you post.

Location hidden

#26721 Sep 8, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever makes you feel better. The problems with predictions, especially government agency predictions, is that they don't mean squat. The only thing that counts is the data that gets recorded AFTER the event being predicted takes place. So if some statistic combined with a favorable prediction of something that hasn't even happened yet makes you feel better, I don't have a problem with it. The REALITY is the economy sucks and so does president Obama and his administration and everything shows it. The factors that look good for our economy are being manipulated. Interest rates are artificially low due to the $85 billion being pumped into the bonds market by the feds. What would the stock market look like of we took 5 years of $85 billion per year out? The unemployment rate is due to more people dropping out of the market each month and not more jobs being created. And, no, I'm not implying that Obama is the only president in our history that has ever manipulated economic data. He's just the worst.
"The factors that look good for our economy are being manipulated. Interest rates are artificially low....."

Brilliant observation R.C., I could not agree with you more this time.

Those manipulating moves made by the Fed's are doing what they were intended to do, making the economy grow.

"The only thing that counts is the data that gets recorded AFTER the event being predicted takes place"

Amen to that RC, I agree again, just look at this, just like you said.

The Commerce Department recently revised second-quarter economic growth upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent".

Location hidden

#26722 Sep 8, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he will when you start explaining all of the nonsense you post.
LMFAO, sitting there on that refresh button again I see, not letting anything get by you.

You're a clever little Rascal jumping on that comment, seconds after I posted it, but you changed the name to fool me so you won't get accused of waiting on me again.

At least if you have learn something, OH happy day!!!!!!!!!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#26723 Sep 8, 2013
"At least if you have learn something, OH happy day!!!!!!!!!!"

LMAO! WTF!

What name did I change Boy Barney? It's obvious you started smoking dope early this morning!
Tanisha

Hardy, AR

#26724 Sep 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO, sitting there on that refresh button again I see, not letting anything get by you.
You're a clever little Rascal jumping on that comment, seconds after I posted it, but you changed the name to fool me so you won't get accused of waiting on me again.
At least if you have learn something, OH happy day!!!!!!!!!!
The mother-in-law arrives home from the shops to find her son-in-law boiling angry and hurriedly packing his suitcase .
"What happened ?" she asks anxiously .
"What happened !! I'll tell you what happened . I sent an email to my wife telling her I was coming home today from my fishing trip .
I get home ... and guess what I found ? Yes , your daughter , my Jean , with a naked guy in our marital bed ! This is unforgivable , the end of our marriage . I'm done . I'm leaving forever !"
"Calm down , calm down !" says his mother-in-law . "There is something very odd going on here . Jean would never do such a thing ! There must be a simple explanation . I'll go speak to her immediately and find out what happened ."
Moments later , the mother-in-law comes back with a big smile .
"I told you there must be a simple explanation .....
She didn't receive your E-mail !"
Quest

Jonesboro, AR

#26725 Sep 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>

Forrest City, AR

#26726 Sep 8, 2013
WWIII

Oklahoma City, OK

#26727 Sep 8, 2013
Yeah
Freedom

Forrest City, AR

#26728 Sep 8, 2013
Bill Clinton
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#26729 Sep 8, 2013
Freedom wrote:
Bill Clinton
He was a genius compared to this infidel we have in office right now!
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26730 Sep 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"The factors that look good for our economy are being manipulated. Interest rates are artificially low....."
Brilliant observation R.C., I could not agree with you more this time.
Those manipulating moves made by the Fed's are doing what they were intended to do, making the economy grow.
"The only thing that counts is the data that gets recorded AFTER the event being predicted takes place"
Amen to that RC, I agree again, just look at this, just like you said.
The Commerce Department recently revised second-quarter economic growth upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent".
I guess perception is reality. I, and all experts, see 2.5% as pathetic and is a result of pathetic leadership. You, on the other hand must see it for what it is, the best we will ever get out of Obama. He's running at full throttle and I think it sucks. But, hey if you think that 2.5% is acceptable then whatever.
Quest

Jonesboro, AR

#26731 Sep 8, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess perception is reality. I, and all experts, see 2.5% as pathetic and is a result of pathetic leadership. You, on the other hand must see it for what it is, the best we will ever get out of Obama. He's running at full throttle and I think it sucks. But, hey if you think that 2.5% is acceptable then whatever.
He is really doing a lot better than his abilities would allow. That is based only on the fact that he has supporters like Barney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snow-Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Feb '11 reader 66
Snow-Lake Dating
Find my Match

Snow-Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Snow-Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Snow-Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News