Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Judged:

Save yourself! He looks real good, talks real nice, then runs off with your money & doesn't pay his subs! Substandard work then he won't return phone calls!
Concerned citizen

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Thanks for the post! Will avoid this company!
Our experience was bad 2

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Judged:

I'm glad someone else posted about Givens! We were ripped off too! Bad work, no return calls and took our money and didn't finish!
Glad for the advice

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Thanks for posting your reviews of this company. I'll avoid them.
adriance4476

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Very gorgeous work installed new cabinets and granite tops. Polishing was very nice and shined like a mirror. This new owner is very dependable and friendly. The Fabricators/installers are very respectful and clean had a two day turn out. Thanks guys!
Jane

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Stay Away Bad MAAANNNNN!

Takes money and run

P.S. He SUCKSSSSSS
Good Choice

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Getting a granite tile is a way to renovate your kitchen. Customer countertops www.elitecountertops.com
carole

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

RJ Madden of Givens Granite & Tile is a liar and a thief who does NOT know the business. He got paid for a granite counter tops in 2 bathrooms & my kitchen in 2008 & owed me a cabinet door for the "free" vanity he gave me to take the job. haven't been able to reach him since. Started to take him to court but had to go out of town suddenly, now that I'm back I find that the POS company has closed. what a surprise there. Wherever he went to work, if anyone finds out where, please post so we can all avoid it like the plague - EVEN if it is McDonalds! Feel sorry for the employees who worked there that had to field the many many complaints!
Ripped off and mad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

carole wrote:
RJ Madden of Givens Granite & Tile is a liar and a thief who does NOT know the business. He got paid for a granite counter tops in 2 bathrooms & my kitchen in 2008 & owed me a cabinet door for the "free" vanity he gave me to take the job. haven't been able to reach him since. Started to take him to court but had to go out of town suddenly, now that I'm back I find that the POS company has closed. what a surprise there. Wherever he went to work, if anyone finds out where, please post so we can all avoid it like the plague - EVEN if it is McDonalds! Feel sorry for the employees who worked there that had to field the many many complaints!
How can you be reached? Going thru the same problem right now.
Concerned Consumer

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Check his "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau! You can also find negative ratings if you do a google search for "Givens Granite and Tile" and/or "Robert John Madden". There is a reason he goes by "RJ" Madden. If I had a reputation like his I wouldn't give my full name either! Stay away from this man!
Taken to the Cleaners

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN! He took our deposit check months ago and has provided no work or materials. He is a liar and a thief and should be in jail.
k greno

Loganville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Does anyone have home address for him? He owes me $1300 and is avoiding process servers. I need to get him to court to be able to get a FIFA and get at his personal property.
Avoid this Company wrote:
Save yourself! He looks real good, talks real nice, then runs off with your money & doesn't pay his subs! Substandard work then he won't return phone calls!
k greno

Loganville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Does anyone have a home address for him. He is avoiding process servers and owes me $1300 and I need to get to court and get a FIFA against him.
sherri smith

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

k greno wrote:
Does anyone have a home address for him. He is avoiding process servers and owes me $1300 and I need to get to court and get a FIFA against him.
This man took my money and I followed him to what I believe to be his home, and let me tell you a nice home at that. I now have the address so that you all can get your money back from this crook. I also found out from someone who does some work from him that he has one guy working for him and that he barely pays him, poor guy! The address is 9121 willow point covington ga 30014 I hope this helps!
NotHisHome

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

sherri smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This man took my money and I followed him to what I believe to be his home, and let me tell you a nice home at that. I now have the address so that you all can get your money back from this crook. I also found out from someone who does some work from him that he has one guy working for him and that he barely pays him, poor guy! The address is 9121 willow point covington ga 30014 I hope this helps!
He does not own this home and is in the process of being evicted.
Not his home

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

He does not own this home and is in the process of being evicted.
Not his home

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I would suggest looking into criminal charges. He has many judgments against him already, and he has nothing. At least nothing discoverable.
STOP RJ MADDEN

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

We also had a very bad experience with Robert John Madden aka Robert J. Madden aka RJ Madden with Givens Granite and Tile. He accepted a deposit and never started our home improvement project, nor did he ever deliver any materials. We were awarded a $20K judgement against RJ Madden and Givens Granite and Tile after filing a lawsuit. Madden was referred to us by Joy Hovis, a Harry Norman Realtor of East Cobb County, and Madden claimed to have purchased materials from Grady Minter of Custom Countertops and Cabinets, Inc. of Oxford GA. These are the only contacts we have that were associated with Madden. They should know how to contact him.
PLEASE , PLEASE - if you have been taken advantage of by this man, please go to the sheriff's department in the county where the incident happened and file a complaint to start a criminal investigation. There is no charge (or a minimal charge) to do this and hiring a attorney is not necessary. This man must be stopped now! Don't allow him to take advantage of one more person!
Jess

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

k greno wrote:
Does anyone have home address for him? He owes me $1300 and is avoiding process servers. I need to get him to court to be able to get a FIFA and get at his personal property. <quoted text>
. If it's the same guy I have his current address but I want to be anonymous
STOP RJ MADDEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Jess wrote:
<quoted text>. If it's the same guy I have his current address but I want to be anonymous
Please send me RJ Madden's current address. This man needs to be stopped from taking advantage of another person. If you are too afraid to post his address, please email the address to StopRJMadden@yahoo.com If anyone else has any information about this man that can help me collect on my judgement, PLEASE send it to me. Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Snellville Forum right now

Search the Snellville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min Truth Paste 49,818
gwinnett county has a "quality of life" unit (Apr '08) Jul 24 Meg 64
Georgia Attorney General Wants Same-Sex Marriag... Jul 22 God 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
luthier school Jul 16 Need information 1
Talk to Chris Brown (Apr '07) Jul 8 Catherine Brown 2,246
Heroin in rockdale/newton Jul 7 ATLboi 1
•••
•••

Snellville News Video

•••
•••

Snellville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••