First Prev
of 3
Next Last
warning

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Oct 26, 2013
You can get into trouble if you are posting someone. LIBEL.
If you don't want to believe GOOGLE it.
and it don't matter if you are trying to spell the name wrong, also if its a good hint of whom you are talking about that is all that is needed for a case against Topix to give out the posters name.
Topix gave out a posters name from Rogersville and in other states.

did anyone know there is a new device that can pin point exactly where the post came from?

So if you want to be held LIBEL feel free to post someone's name and tell all the lies you possibly can they will get your name. Post Away .........
Citizen2

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Oct 26, 2013
Topix is free speech...yes but it is not for defaming someone. It is for discussing current events at past events that are going on in the world.YES...we can be held libel for posting names and telling lies on someone. So we all need to really watch what we are posting. All it takes is a warrant served to Topix asking for it to give out the posters name. It don't matter if you change your location on your phone it can still be traced. I know you all have heard on tv about ping from a location when the law is searching for a missing person, they get a "PING" from the last location of where that persons phone was used. This is available now to tell the location or map where the post is coming from. Its a high tech world we are living in!!! The above post is true so Topix users beware and be forewarned you may be going to Court and its not as expensive as posters have previously posted on here it don't take lots of money to hire a lawyer it may be the responsibility of the poster being sued to pay the court costs (which makes perfectly good sense).
Bad Bob

Asheville, NC

#3 Oct 26, 2013
Oh hell thay take away all the fun.
fact

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Oct 26, 2013
this is a fact I googled and checed it out
oops

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 26, 2013
hate to admit it but your right. all the funny stuff is taken away we have no rights no freedom yeah there's freedom is speech I guess that comes at your own risk or keep your mouth (fingers) closed
friend

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2013
I thought that would eventually happen
answer

Morristown, TN

#7 Oct 27, 2013
Where do i call
answer

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 27, 2013
What's the contact639066
info

Charlotte, NC

#9 Oct 27, 2013
Contact a Lawyer
Derp

Dandridge, TN

#10 Oct 28, 2013
Its called slander. And it doesn't mean just cause you talk about somebody doesn't mean you will get in trouble. If it was like that everyone on here would be in jail.
sorry

Rockingham, NC

#11 Oct 28, 2013
Derp wrote:
Its called slander. And it doesn't mean just cause you talk about somebody doesn't mean you will get in trouble. If it was like that everyone on here would be in jail.
you just have to learn things the hard way. Better take the warning. Can get in alot of trouble
Nuts

Sneedville, TN

#12 Oct 28, 2013
In order to actually get in trouble for slander (not as common as people on topix seem to think...) you have to prove that it effected your life, like, it caused you to lose your job. Hurt feelings generally don't win lawsuits on their own.
info

Rockingham, NC

#13 Oct 28, 2013
Talk to a lawyer and you will know the straight of it. Its not as free speech as one thinks
info

Rockingham, NC

#14 Oct 28, 2013
Call Mr. Phillips in Rogersville I'm sure he can tell you all about it since he got a warrant and gott a boys name and it will be in court
NuWave

Sweetwater, TN

#15 Oct 28, 2013
You can and will be held libel. So Topix friends be careful.
answer

Morristown, TN

#16 Oct 28, 2013
Some ppl r just stupid .
friend

Sweetwater, TN

#17 Oct 29, 2013
Slander can be serious stuff. Please refrain from derogatory comments. I'm trying to help all of you.
checked

Wadesboro, NC

#18 Nov 1, 2013
There are several cases going on in Tennessee so better watch what and who you print about
rodeo

Lexington, NC

#19 Nov 2, 2013
Its not just libel or defamation. Most are going for cyber bullying check that out. Yes people are getting in trouble.
Get it

Salem, WV

#20 Nov 2, 2013
Everyone would be surprised to see who was saying what. That would be interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sneedville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dollar general husband stealer Norma Bevins 43 min johnny Johnson 4
Looking to contact Chris hill. 4 hr Tttt 4
snitches 5 hr judge 5
Poor Valley (Mar '11) 15 hr Patrick 34
anyone know erik Ramirez (Feb '13) 23 hr xdd 4
Phillip Nichols Mon Jab 7
Austin Nichols Mon Cerrelio 2
More from around the web

Sneedville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE