snake hollow rd sneedville, tn 37869
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#21 Jan 25, 2013
Yep wrote:
Have a line on parcel that owners are interested in selling but islocated in neighboring Hawkins County, Eidson.
Is secluded but 10 minutes to Hwy 70. Property has a older but habital home, several outbuilding and a creek running through property.
Lots of wildlife.
Just putting it out there if you are still looking around. Quiet & pretty place
Hello Yep,

Thank you so much. How many acres? I sthere a listing with photos?
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#22 Jan 25, 2013
Maxey supporter wrote:
Yep, living in snake hollow means you got to drive a long way to get gas, go to town but at least your kids don't have a long way to go to the drug store, down on the lower end you can get any dope your hearts desires or you can drive a bit to mulberry and parleys drug market is always open or gene Martin will sell you a loaf of bread and a pill of your choosing, so many drug dens over that way this cold weathers got my arthritis from letting me type that long of list but who needs gas or groceries when you got a good pain pill?
Wow Maxey supporter,

I hope getting that out made you feel much better and thank you for the warning. I am very well aware that every community has it's drug problems. This is not an issue that only plagues big cities, urban areas, and poor neighborhoods; it is an everywhere problem.

Again thank you for your opinion.

Elizabeth
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#23 Jan 25, 2013
Yet more Questions.

Which utilities service the area. Lights, phone, cable, internet,(high speed),waste (trash company).

Well services?(for salt and water softeners)

Gravel & Grating?

Snow removal?

Concrete contractor?

Building supply company?

Local Grocery stores? Butchers?

Reccomendations for physicians?

Pharmacies?

Local Vets?

And any other interesting things.

Thanks so much

Elizabeth
Are you damn stupid

Morristown, TN

#24 Jan 25, 2013
Where do you think snake hollow is??? Yeh tidi waste runs a trash truck through twice a week , Greenes IGA will deliver your organic grown groceries by carrier pigeon , just call ahead and place your order, you don't need a vet , the water and grass over here has got a natural antibiotic in it, hoolios lawn service willcut your grass and clean your pool, UT will fly a doctor in as soon as you make an appointment,... Wake up dumb ass this is boondocks Hancock county tenn, the county grades the road sometime, they got a clinic and hospital over in Sneedville ,you can take your EBT card over to greens IGA and buy some green meat for that weekend cookout, wake up Yankee!!!!
My Opinion

Morristown, TN

#27 Jan 25, 2013
I can assure you that everyone is not as hostile and critical as the above respondents. There are many good people here who will welcome you, since you sound like respectable, decent people. You get out of any area what you put into it..If you are friendly and kind to the people the majority of them will treat you the same. There are some people here who are obviously afraid of change, and they are trying hard to scare you away..I hope that you will continue on with your plan to come to Snake Holler. We need some people like you!
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#28 Jan 25, 2013
My Opinion wrote:
I can assure you that everyone is not as hostile and critical as the above respondents. There are many good people here who will welcome you, since you sound like respectable, decent people. You get out of any area what you put into it..If you are friendly and kind to the people the majority of them will treat you the same. There are some people here who are obviously afraid of change, and they are trying hard to scare you away..I hope that you will continue on with your plan to come to Snake Holler. We need some people like you!
Hello My Opinion,

Thank you for the positive words. I was actually ignoring the two of them. I had to google EBT card to find out what it was. LOL. I guess we can learn something new everyday, even from people who only mean to do us harm. It will take much more than that to scare us away. They are just very sad individuals that have nothing better to do than to take out their unhappiness and unresolved issues on complete strangers.

Again thank you for the kind words.

Elizabeth
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#29 Jan 26, 2013
The Fishers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello My Opinion,
Thank you for the positive words. I was actually ignoring the two of them. I had to google EBT card to find out what it was. LOL. I guess we can learn something new everyday, even from people who only mean to do us harm. It will take much more than that to scare us away. They are just very sad individuals that have nothing better to do than to take out their unhappiness and unresolved issues on complete strangers.
Again thank you for the kind words.
Elizabeth
Although rude the two poster are correct. City thinking doesn't go around here.
Here's some answers:
Electric, Powell Valley COOP. The worst electric company in the US, if the sky even looks like rain the power goes out.
Telephone, Century Link OK company but don't expect a DSL line in Snake Hollow.
Internet, there is no high speed internet in snake hollow.
Cell Phone, there's no Cell signal in snake hollow.
Trash company, you burn your trash in a barrel in the back yard.
R&R drilling will drill you a well, for anything else you drive 45 miles across two mountains to Morristown.
Several gravel haulers, call the quarry. Gravel is around $8 a ton and delivery can be around $125 per load.
Snow removal Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha dream on! Get a shovel...
Concrete cost a little over $100 a yard plus delivery and remember you're WAY off the beaten path!
Building supply, once again 45 miles one way across two mountains in Morristown.
Groceries, butcher, 45 miles one way across two mountains to Morristown.
Doctor, 75 miles to Knoxville
Drug store, there's one in Sneedville.
Local Vet, if the dogs sick, around here it's a bullet to the head.
This is a VERY rural place, you're on your own, don't expect any services, also there are NO jobs. Not a place for the faint of heart.
Now I have a question, Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election?

Overtaxed

Gate City, VA

#30 Jan 26, 2013
The Fishers wrote:
Yet more Questions.
Which utilities service the area. Lights, phone, cable, internet,(high speed),waste (trash company).
Well services?(for salt and water softeners)
Gravel & Grating?
Snow removal?
Concrete contractor?
Building supply company?
Local Grocery stores? Butchers?
Reccomendations for physicians?
Pharmacies?
Local Vets?
And any other interesting things.
Thanks so much
Elizabeth
Hey Elizabeth,
The light company is Powell Valley Electric, a Co-op with an office in Sneedville. House phone. AT&T, cell...Once you get here I would check to see if there is ANY service in Snake Holler....No cable, you will need a satellite, no high speed except with satellite. One local guy runs a trash route.
You can find well companies that install softeners but none are local.
There are a couple of local haulers for rock.
There are no snow removal companies...
Concrete contractor ?? Do you mean someone to lay block ?? Or someone to bring concrete by truck ?
Building supply co. Harrison's in Sneedville or you have to go to Morristown, Rogersville or Tazewell.
Local grocery stores (1) Greene's IGA...a small independant...or again...Rogersville Morristown or Tazewell.
Butcher shops.....(you mean stores that carry only meat right ?) There are none locally....one in Morristown.....
Doctors....sorry....we are fresh out. The Clinic in Sneedville has a couple of P.A.s and doctors are available at the emergency room in the Hospital in Sneedville, if it's an emergency. Otherwise....Morristown, Rogersville, Tazewell....
Pharmacies (2) in Sneedville one independant, one chain.
Local Vets....(1) Has no office and will come to the house WEEKDAYS and do routine things like shots....otherwise, Morristown Rogersville, Tazewell.
Do you notice any pattern here ?????
I have seen lots of folks move here from other places Elizabeth. They all say the same things, they want to be away from EVERYTHING.. until they are....I am going to give you some advice. Do yourself a favor and find a rent for six months. Spend time checking out all of the above. Make sure you will be satisfied with the county and the community, and that you are buying the RIGHT piece of land...
You posted that Snake Holler must be pretty in the spring and fall... it is ! as well as in the summer....but then there's winter and.........well, I give this advice with all good intentions Elizabeth, the rest is up to you.
Basset

United States

#31 Jan 26, 2013
Sorry about some comments that you are getting. We already have a green house and farm equipment to remove your own snow. Once a week the county brings a dumpster to the end of the road so we don't have to take our garbage to town.
Yep

Jefferson City, TN

#32 Jan 26, 2013
The Fishers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Yep,
Thank you so much. How many acres? I sthere a listing with photos?
Official tax records say 26 acres but the family believes it to be more like 40. It is a pretty place that is remote but not too remote.
The owners are selling themselves. I do want to fool with realtor, long story there,lol.

They also own the land beside this property that they would be interested in possibly selling, so there is a chance for more acres if you are interested.

Do you have an email that you could post that I could send details?
Understand topix can be a hateful place, as you have experienced and I dont want expose the owners to negative comments from this sight. Rogersville( about 30 miles away) topix has a lawsuit pending due to mudslinging.

The property is located in Hawkins County more specifically Eidson just minutes from Hwy 70 but is remote, probably 15 miles or so from Rogersville and probably that distance to Sneedville. Powell Valley electric, same as Sneedville. Has spring/well water.House is a one level old house. Would need some work but is livable.
Info

Morristown, TN

#33 Jan 26, 2013
I know where there is some property for sale by owner if you would like to give me your email..It is not as remote, but some beautiful property with woods as well as level fields. It is in Hancock county on the state road, not mountaineous. I think you would love it, don't want to give anymore info on Topix. I'm sure you understand. There are two diferent tracts, one with house on it, that might even be leased, just so you can try it out before investing a lot of money.
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#34 Jan 26, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Although rude the two poster are correct. City thinking doesn't go around here.
Here's some answers:
Electric, Powell Valley COOP. The worst electric company in the US, if the sky even looks like rain the power goes out.
Telephone, Century Link OK company but don't expect a DSL line in Snake Hollow.
Internet, there is no high speed internet in snake hollow.
Cell Phone, there's no Cell signal in snake hollow.
Trash company, you burn your trash in a barrel in the back yard.
R&R drilling will drill you a well, for anything else you drive 45 miles across two mountains to Morristown.
Several gravel haulers, call the quarry. Gravel is around $8 a ton and delivery can be around $125 per load.
Snow removal Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha dream on! Get a shovel...
Concrete cost a little over $100 a yard plus delivery and remember you're WAY off the beaten path!
Building supply, once again 45 miles one way across two mountains in Morristown.
Groceries, butcher, 45 miles one way across two mountains to Morristown.
Doctor, 75 miles to Knoxville
Drug store, there's one in Sneedville.
Local Vet, if the dogs sick, around here it's a bullet to the head.
This is a VERY rural place, you're on your own, don't expect any services, also there are NO jobs. Not a place for the faint of heart.
Now I have a question, Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election?
Thank you Fact. To answer your question: I am a constitutionalist, so I voted a straight republican ticket because I had no other viable options. But please let's not start a political debate, because I do not think that the American people are being given good options for canidates. I really did not like eith of the chioces avaliable.
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#35 Jan 26, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted that Snake Holler must be pretty in the spring and fall... it is ! as well as in the summer....but then there's winter and.........well, I give this advice with all good intentions Elizabeth, the rest is up to you.
Hello Overtaxed,
I understand that many people want to warn me about living in a rural area. However, we already live in a rural area. The nearest hospital is a band-aid station 15 miles from us. Any major emergencies are air lifted to Indy. Most of my husband’s physicians are 60 to 90 miles from us. We have one small local grocery, one gas station, a hardware store, 1 local drug store, 1 chain drug store, and we have to go into Ohio to get to the closest Wal-mart, Lowes, or major chain grocery store. Most times, we have to drive an hour for any other things.
We have local people that remove snow (it is their only income in the winter). We try to support our local businesses and our neighbors before we go outside for services.
Maybe we have to drive to other areas for some things, but I am sure with “NO JOBS” someone in the community would like to use our equipment to remove our snow for us, and make money to help their family. Possibly have a chance to open their own business and employ others.
We are community oriented and we believe in keeping as much of our money as we can in the community that we live in. That is how businesses stay open and how jobs are created.
The information on the power company was important. Now I know that I need to move up my time line on a full photovoltaic/wind conversion. And until I can do that, we have generators for emergency use.
As for there being no jobs, Jon nor I depend on the community that we live in for our income. So there is no fear that we will be competing for jobs in a stressed market or adding to a taxed welfare system.
We have no desire to change things or even be that involved. Although we may show up at a football game or two and yell as loud as we can for your kid!
The area we live in now does not get cell phone service. We only use our cell phones when we travel. There is not much of a change in that department.
And according to one of the guys that was being hateful, trash pickup is two times a week. That is even better than here.
Thank you very much for answering my questions. And even for showing concern about our ability to adapt.
Elizabeth
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#36 Jan 26, 2013
Basset wrote:
Sorry about some comments that you are getting. We already have a green house and farm equipment to remove your own snow. Once a week the county brings a dumpster to the end of the road so we don't have to take our garbage to town.
Hello Basset,

Thank you for the information. The green house is for my personal use to grow fresh veggies year round. I have a small one now and what we do not use, we give to our neighbors and people in the area that need it.

As for trash pick up, that is the way we did it when I was growing up, so it is much better than burning. Is there a recycling bin in Sneedville, or do we need to go into another town to drop our recycled goods?(I am almost afraid to ask.)

Elizabeth
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#37 Jan 26, 2013
The Fishers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Fact. To answer your question: I am a constitutionalist, so I voted a straight republican ticket because I had no other viable options. But please let's not start a political debate, because I do not think that the American people are being given good options for canidates. I really did not like eith of the chioces avaliable.
Politics are important here and you'll fit right in.
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#38 Jan 26, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Official tax records say 26 acres but the family believes it to be more like 40. It is a pretty place that is remote but not too remote.
The owners are selling themselves. I do want to fool with realtor, long story there,lol.
They also own the land beside this property that they would be interested in possibly selling, so there is a chance for more acres if you are interested.
Do you have an email that you could post that I could send details?
Understand topix can be a hateful place, as you have experienced and I dont want expose the owners to negative comments from this sight. Rogersville( about 30 miles away) topix has a lawsuit pending due to mudslinging.
The property is located in Hawkins County more specifically Eidson just minutes from Hwy 70 but is remote, probably 15 miles or so from Rogersville and probably that distance to Sneedville. Powell Valley electric, same as Sneedville. Has spring/well water.House is a one level old house. Would need some work but is livable.
hello Yep,

i am not comfortable giving my email out due to hostility in this forum. Jon and I are planning a trip in about a week to look at different peices of property and I can post in the forum and let you know when we will be in town and we can meet the owners. I will have a definate date around the 1st.

Thank you so much for the information.

Elizabeth
The Fishers

Cleveland, OH

#39 Jan 26, 2013
Info wrote:
I know where there is some property for sale by owner if you would like to give me your email..It is not as remote, but some beautiful property with woods as well as level fields. It is in Hancock county on the state road, not mountaineous. I think you would love it, don't want to give anymore info on Topix. I'm sure you understand. There are two diferent tracts, one with house on it, that might even be leased, just so you can try it out before investing a lot of money.
Hello Info,

I am nervous about giving my email out on Topix. But I will post before we come to the area and let you know where we will be at and maybe we can arrange it that way.

Thank you so much.

Elizabeth
Yep

Jefferson City, TN

#40 Jan 26, 2013
The Fishers wrote:
<quoted text>
hello Yep,
i am not comfortable giving my email out due to hostility in this forum. Jon and I are planning a trip in about a week to look at different peices of property and I can post in the forum and let you know when we will be in town and we can meet the owners. I will have a definate date around the 1st.
Thank you so much for the information.
Elizabeth
I totally understand but please know most people around here do not act like vicious baboons as they speak on here.

Am talking to owners, if they give their permission, I will post their email. Where ever you decide to locate, welcome. Great place to live.
old hippy

Pigeon Forge, TN

#41 Jan 26, 2013
to the fishers, nt everone down here are nuts. we have the best peope in the world. we are just ountry. after you get down here ,some one may ask some rather personal questions but they are not mean -hearted people. we ,for the most part , have good ,Christian hearts and just want to help you if you need us. you will be more than welcome and will be treated as if you were a long lost cousin. unless you bring a chip on your shoulder, but then you will be treated with diginity. we will treat you so good you will have to like us.

“dumbasses”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#42 Jan 27, 2013
Why you don't dumbasses shut up?They just ask about info and want to to move here and live in peace,but out come the retards,Jesus no wonder ppl think Hancock County ppl are retarded.Fishers the water is still fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sneedville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rumor 17 hr Lol 4
D they do it 17 hr Married 1
i love you lyndsey Thu boo bear 1
hancock county work release Jun 22 who 9
faith and todd Jun 22 boo bear 2
Wayne Bolden Jun 21 Fact 22
sneedville manor apartments Jun 20 ace 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sneedville Mortgages