Greenes how are you staying open??

Posted in the Sneedville Forum

Curious

Gaffney, SC

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Went in there the other day walked by the meat section and the freaking meat was green!!!! On top op that it smelled like something dead!! How in the world does this place stay open with the freaking meat green!!! I have returned several things before because it was rotten soviet just stopped buying it!! This town needs a non rotten green infested grocery store!!
dead meat

Maryville, TN

#2 Nov 27, 2012
i sure hope its dead when i eat it but it does stink
henry bemis

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2012
The reason they are open is: They are the only grocery store in town.DUH!
OH!Just scrape all the green off ya meat,it,l be alright
dead meat

Maryville, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2012
yeah if you just take a knife and scrape the green rotten part off you'll be ok.
porkey

Greer, SC

#5 Nov 28, 2012
It's green all the way thur. It needs to be reported anybody got any ideas?? I know 2 ppl that did report it but nothing came of it!! Better check the dates on canned foods and everything. The elderly cant go out of town to get groceries so go to the Dollar Stores. They have lots to pick from.
Josh

Longs, SC

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Greenes is going to start selling alcohol
genie

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2012
greenes has a monopoly on groceries in sneedville and sneedville is 99% old people that cant leave thats how they get away with selling all that old sh*t. They need some competition but this town is never going to have anything. Nobody has the money to leave, we are all just products of our environment. The only chance you have of getting out of here is if you have one of the big last names in sneedville and you inherit some money otherwise your stuck because you wont save money from a job to get out. There isnt any jobs in sneedville unless you got the right last name.
Jolene

White Pine, TN

#8 Nov 28, 2012
Change your last name. Then you might have a chance.
No one

United States

#9 Nov 28, 2012
Most of the old people I know in this town have family and a car. No one HAS to trade with that stinking place. Surely someone can go to Dollar General, that has a decent smelling store to buy their goods? I don't buy meat there, but I ain't eating green meat either. If they are eating that, it is their families fault. Nasty.
Think about it

Strawberry Plains, TN

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
Went in there the other day walked by the meat section and the freaking meat was green!!!! On top op that it smelled like something dead!! How in the world does this place stay open with the freaking meat green!!! I have returned several things before because it was rotten soviet just stopped buying it!! This town needs a non rotten green infested grocery store!!
Well, you were in "GREENES", and all the meat is "dead". Look around-who controls this town? How long since a new business has been successful here? Most of the rental income producing property is controlled by someone named Harrison and leased to one government agency after another. The Post Office, DHS, ASC office, Families First, the Home medical supply building next to the post office. Now that Sneedville Electric and Furniture is going out of business-will we have another government agency going in there. I wouldn't bet against it. It is one of the best locations in town. I would like to see a grocery store there, but that won't happen-since they support Greenes.
Jolene

White Pine, TN

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Open up your own store. Spend your own money to Start it. If you are not rich or have good credit see if you could make your money back and show a proffit. If not I quess we will still have to shop at Greene's
uptight

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 30, 2012
Sneedville Electric and Furniture is not going out of business.. So get the truth if you have enough common sense.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#13 Nov 30, 2012
uptight wrote:
Sneedville Electric and Furniture is not going out of business.. So get the truth if you have enough common sense.
They aren't ? Wonder why T.J. ran a going out of business sale ad in the Shopper ? Hummmmm !
Thinking about all of it

Morristown, TN

#14 Nov 30, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> They aren't ? Wonder why T.J. ran a going out of business sale ad in the Shopper ? Hummmmm !
Look back up to THINK ABOUT IT's Post You are right the county is going to rent it like they did the old fsa office. They could have put the medical store in the old high school, the old nursing building, old dr shorts clinic, but brother mike want let them use it until brother T has all his rentals filled up. So i heard what the county is going to do with the building but i want say at this time. Will let you know in a few days if someone else dont spill it first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sneedville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I don't know if I still love my husband after h... 3 hr Sad 3
did TOOTIE get hurt in her wreck 8 hr curious 30
Penny D Roberts 9 hr laffnatu 13
Separting from spouse 13 hr dude 6
permit for off grid cabin 17 hr Gotta love the gap 5
brandy kephart Sat pretty in pink 1
where is Rebecca crumley at now Sat looking for a old... 1
Sneedville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web