Debbie

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 9, 2012
I am not nutty. You need to learn to understand what you read. I said those three are of Melungeon descent. To how thru Hamp I will explain this for you. I explained this on a post some time ago. The post is Byingtons, Greenes and Melungeons if I remember right as this one thinks I am a mental case. Way back when, the King and Queen of England ruled over many lands. If they wanted to bestow a land or title on you they had the power to do so. Just because you can trace your ancestry back to England does not mean you are English. You could have been from another of the lands they ruled or they could have changed you name. I have a copy of the poem "The Old Greene Tree" which is worth reading. As for Hampton Greene here is my story. He was the leader on the Greene side in the Greene Jones War. My maternal grandmother is Nancy seals who married Henry Pearson and one of their children was H. Clyde Pearson who was the youngest man to run for governor in the state of Va. He was in the House of Represenatives and the House of Delegates. He was defeated in the race by Barry Goldwater. When he passed away he was the Honorable H. Clyde Pearson as he was a Federal Judge. My grandmothers mother was Tabitha Greene Seals and her grandfather was Tom Seals. Tabithas mother was Susan Greene who was the wife of Hampton Greene. You need to read the family tree book. Very interesting. The Greenes, Seals and Trents were greatly intermarried. When they settled in the hills they became very clannish and thought no one else was good enough for them. Some were counterfeiters of silver money. My people mixed also with the Indian tribes and any others who happened to show up in them mountains. They were major slave traders and holders. This brings me shame. I also came from my dads side and can trace my ancestry back to 1052. How far can you go back the one that says I am a mental case? Never been to Sneedville but Lord willing I will visit soon. I can prove I am Melungeon if need be. You can find me on Facebook. My name is Debbie Byington and there are pictures of me on there. My profile picture is an eye with Jesus hanging on the cross in the middle...
how from hamp

Charlotte, NC

#23 Jun 9, 2012
Debbie wrote:
I am not nutty. You need to learn to understand what you read. I said those three are of Melungeon descent. To how thru Hamp I will explain this for you. I explained this on a post some time ago. The post is Byingtons, Greenes and Melungeons if I remember right as this one thinks I am a mental case. Way back when, the King and Queen of England ruled over many lands. If they wanted to bestow a land or title on you they had the power to do so. Just because you can trace your ancestry back to England does not mean you are English. You could have been from another of the lands they ruled or they could have changed you name. I have a copy of the poem "The Old Greene Tree" which is worth reading. As for Hampton Greene here is my story. He was the leader on the Greene side in the Greene Jones War. My maternal grandmother is Nancy seals who married Henry Pearson and one of their children was H. Clyde Pearson who was the youngest man to run for governor in the state of Va. He was in the House of Represenatives and the House of Delegates. He was defeated in the race by Barry Goldwater. When he passed away he was the Honorable H. Clyde Pearson as he was a Federal Judge. My grandmothers mother was Tabitha Greene Seals and her grandfather was Tom Seals. Tabithas mother was Susan Greene who was the wife of Hampton Greene. You need to read the family tree book. Very interesting. The Greenes, Seals and Trents were greatly intermarried. When they settled in the hills they became very clannish and thought no one else was good enough for them. Some were counterfeiters of silver money. My people mixed also with the Indian tribes and any others who happened to show up in them mountains. They were major slave traders and holders. This brings me shame. I also came from my dads side and can trace my ancestry back to 1052. How far can you go back the one that says I am a mental case? Never been to Sneedville but Lord willing I will visit soon. I can prove I am Melungeon if need be. You can find me on Facebook. My name is Debbie Byington and there are pictures of me on there. My profile picture is an eye with Jesus hanging on the cross in the middle...
My grandmother was Hampton Greenes grand daughter, making him my great great grand father,
My mother used to tell us stories of the Greene and Jones war that her mother had told her, probably told to her from Hamp Greenes son, who was my great grandfather.
hump

Knoxville, TN

#24 Jun 9, 2012
ms. byington,i reckon u must be claimin' kin by blood to king arthur and his roundtable. u shore full of your self.ain't ya?
we've you to thank fo the british empire and what a swell job they have done. never known any one in my life who has had as much influnce on world history as you.don't know whether to bow or humbly ask for autograph.excuse me while i go git my smellin salt.
Mr Collins

United States

#25 Jun 9, 2012
hump wrote:
ms. byington,i reckon u must be claimin' kin by blood to king arthur and his roundtable. u shore full of your self.ain't ya?
we've you to thank fo the british empire and what a swell job they have done. never known any one in my life who has had as much influnce on world history as you.don't know whether to bow or humbly ask for autograph.excuse me while i go git my smellin salt.
At least she knows her parentage, Father's Day must be the most confusing day of the year for you,Mr. Humper
hump

Knoxville, TN

#26 Jun 9, 2012
Mr Collins wrote:
<quoted text>At least she knows her parentage, Father's Day must be the most confusing day of the year for you,Mr. Humper
most of you r so mixed in 1 family,it is easy to know you daddy, he is yur uncle,yer brother,ect,etc.
homma la

Knoxville, TN

#27 Jun 10, 2012
Mr Collins wrote:
<quoted text>At least she knows her parentage, Father's Day must be the most confusing day of the year for you,Mr. Humper
quite the oppsite,it's a fun day watching you folks running around trying to figure out which one uf yur uncles,gran paps is yo daddy.who's yo daddy?who's yo daddy?
Southern Girl

Milaca, MN

#28 Jun 10, 2012
Debbie wrote:
I would like to get in on this discussion. I was made fun of before. I know I am Melungeon. A white mixing with a black means biracial not Melungeon. I have Portuguese, Turkish, white, black, and Native American in me. I love soul music. I like to dance to black music. I have sympathy for Native Americans for lack of a better word. My people hide behind who they are just for this reason no doubt. They will be ridiculed. I am not ashamed. I descended from that mean old Hampton Greene. I have really long hair, hazel eyes, part between my teeth, keep dark skin even in winter. Can tan in summer in a few days and look like my ancestors. Tom Seal was my great grandfather. You can look at me and tell me what race I am. You cannot do it as I look like so many.My people were driven to reservations by a dirty greedy WHITE government. Oh, i forgot to mention Barbados. Thats bad. I am from the old South and was taught their prejudice ways. I am not like that any longer as I know the truth. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.My face cannot be described because it is unique. Lets hear it for Ava Gardner, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley who are Melungeons. My grandmother was born in the Sneedville mountains. The old people used to sing a song to us. There's a jigeboo in the woodpile. That was racist to them ;to me now they knew the truth. The head of the Va. health dept. said people were trying to pass themselves off as white. This computer screen is white and I am nowhere near that color. To all you Melungeons out there be proud of who you are and never let anyone put you down because of your roots. I don't and I will not.
So well Put.Be proud of you are.
guitar player

West Bloomfield, MI

#29 Jun 11, 2012
Debbie wrote:
I would like to get in on this discussion. I was made fun of before. I know I am Melungeon. A white mixing with a black means biracial not Melungeon. I have Portuguese, Turkish, white, black, and Native American in me. I love soul music. I like to dance to black music. I have sympathy for Native Americans for lack of a better word. My people hide behind who they are just for this reason no doubt. They will be ridiculed. I am not ashamed. I descended from that mean old Hampton Greene. I have really long hair, hazel eyes, part between my teeth, keep dark skin even in winter. Can tan in summer in a few days and look like my ancestors. Tom Seal was my great grandfather. You can look at me and tell me what race I am. You cannot do it as I look like so many.My people were driven to reservations by a dirty greedy WHITE government. Oh, i forgot to mention Barbados. Thats bad. I am from the old South and was taught their prejudice ways. I am not like that any longer as I know the truth. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.My face cannot be described because it is unique. Lets hear it for Ava Gardner, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley who are Melungeons. My grandmother was born in the Sneedville mountains. The old people used to sing a song to us. There's a jigeboo in the woodpile. That was racist to them ;to me now they knew the truth. The head of the Va. health dept. said people were trying to pass themselves off as white. This computer screen is white and I am nowhere near that color. To all you Melungeons out there be proud of who you are and never let anyone put you down because of your roots. I don't and I will not.
very well put,that was the most interesting post I've read in a long time ..I find it funny the amount of people so concerned about yours and my D.N.A. personaly I could give 2 cents about theirs.
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#30 Jun 11, 2012
how from hamp wrote:
<quoted text>My grandmother was Hampton Greenes grand daughter, making him my great great grand father,
My mother used to tell us stories of the Greene and Jones war that her mother had told her, probably told to her from Hamp Greenes son, who was my great grandfather.
Send me a request on Facebook as you are my cousin. He was also my great great grandfather. Have you read the family tree book? I have a copy that one of our relatives had and sent to me. My mothers people destroyed or hid all of theirs. They were ashamed of something, wonder what/
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#31 Jun 11, 2012
hump wrote:
You know I just love this bickering as I am a true Greene and Seals mix. I do not lay claim to King Arthur but we can lay claim to Queen Anne. I did have ancestors who were knights of the round table. You have me all wrong. I care nothing for England or the British. I am not Catholic and I have one King to bow down to and that is Jesus Christ my Lord. Someday you along with me and all of humanity will bow down and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. i can just imagine your comment to this one. I stand for what I believe in.....
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#32 Jun 11, 2012
Mr Collins wrote:
thank you Mr. Collins. The Collins people greatly number along with the Melungeon people. Check it out yourself...have not been able to celebrate Fathers Day with my daddy for many years. He passed away when I was 11 in 1968. He was 35 years old. I do know who my dad is. His name is Samuel Byington from Jonesville, Va.
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#33 Jun 11, 2012
hump wrote:
<quoted text>
most of you r so mixed in 1 family,it is easy to know you daddy, he is yur uncle,yer brother,ect,etc.
Now, now Hump who are you trying to fool and what are you hiding? I think you may be really one of us. Wouldn't that float your boat?
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#34 Jun 11, 2012
homma la wrote:
<quoted text>
quite the oppsite,it's a fun day watching you folks running around trying to figure out which one uf yur uncles,gran paps is yo daddy.who's yo daddy?who's yo daddy?
I know who my dad is. His name is Sam Byington from Jonesville, Va. he died in 1968. Just to let you know I can trace my Byington roots in England back to 1052. But I am not English.
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#35 Jun 11, 2012
Southern Girl wrote:
<quoted text>So well Put.Be proud of you are.
Thank you. If I tell anymore I am mixed with Mr. hump right really need to get out his smelling salts. There is more.....
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#36 Jun 11, 2012
guitar player wrote:
<quoted text>very well put,that was the most interesting post I've read in a long time ..I find it funny the amount of people so concerned about yours and my D.N.A. personaly I could give 2 cents about theirs.
I have had some knocking my DNA since I got on here some time ago trying to find out information for medical reasons. Nobody wanted to help but a few. They dogged me to no end. How can others condemn and remain secret and private when they have skeletons in their own closets? I am telling you if you get under someones skin on here look out. I do not care. I and other members of my family have medical problems due to genetics. The mixing created illness that we have to deal with today. Noone wants to see their grandchildren in wheel chairs and their children along with themselves in chronic pain. I live it every day of my life.
Oh My Goodness - Nancy

Saint Albans, WV

#37 Jun 15, 2012
Video by Nancy Sparks Morrison - Can Genealogy Kill You??? DNA and Inherited Illnesses:
&fe ature=channel_video_title

The Melungeon Health Education and Support Network:
http://melungeonhealth.org

We are ALL mixed whatever anyone tries to tell you. My skin is so fair I was told I was 'fish-belly white.' My DNA is so mixed it's a wonder I am not a rainbow!!
Nancy
hump

Knoxville, TN

#38 Jun 16, 2012
give it a rest,debbie. you got me on your side. i may never ever get a chance to be friends with anyone who holds the golden fleece and a member of the garter..
to the one who is fish-belly white,you must be sick or too sorry to get out in the sun. try make-up. a little paint will make an old barn look better.
Debbie

Columbus, OH

#39 Jun 18, 2012
hump wrote:
give it a rest,debbie. you got me on your side. i may never ever get a chance to be friends with anyone who holds the golden fleece and a member of the garter..
to the one who is fish-belly white,you must be sick or too sorry to get out in the sun. try make-up. a little paint will make an old barn look better.
I love it how some people think they are so smart yet some of the things they say make them look so ignorant. I feel sorry for you. a good dose of a brain doctor can fix whats wrong with your mind...
hump

Maryville, TN

#40 Jun 19, 2012
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>I love it how some people think they are so smart yet some of the things they say make them look so ignorant. I feel sorry for you. a good dose of a brain doctor can fix whats wrong with your mind...
you are quite emotionaly, aren't you ? just when i thought you were going to introduce me to the royal family.at least i got to comminucate with some one who is connected to 99.09999% of world history.all the good,bad, and the not so nice .ooh, i shorley need ma smellin' salts fur sure.
Redhorse

Lawrenceburg, KY

#41 Jun 20, 2012
Don't feed the trolls. That is all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sneedville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it true 4 hr what 1
sports bikes 8 hr shaggy 2 Dope 1
Ghost Worker 14 hr nellie 6
Any bored women 23 hr paul 1
keep a word.....drop a word (Oct '13) Sun _Zoey_ 304
pulling me over to flirt? Sun Country Chick 5
News Sneedville church rebuilds one year after a dev... Sun Hell is hot 12
Sneedville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web