First Prev
of 3
Next Last
georgiaguy

Sevierville, TN

#1 May 25, 2012
Mystery solved!!!!!Read todays Kingsport Times and also on this mornings WJHL-TV. DNA proves that they are of Black African descent and white women. They said it is of no exotic descentas many want to proclaim. No matter, be proud of your history.......
georgiaguy

Sevierville, TN

#2 May 25, 2012
Just now saw the findings on AOL.
Billy Bob

United States

#3 May 25, 2012
That wigger shit has been going on a long time. Even Obama momma was a wigger.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 May 25, 2012
georgiaguy wrote:
Mystery solved!!!!!Read todays Kingsport Times and also on this mornings WJHL-TV. DNA proves that they are of Black African descent and white women. They said it is of no exotic descentas many want to proclaim. No matter, be proud of your history.......
The study does not rule out the possibility of other races or ethnicities forming part of the Melungeon heritage, but none were detected among the 69 male lines and 8 female lines that were tested.

Also, the study did not look for later racial mixing that might have occurred, for instance with Native Americans.
hump

Dandridge, TN

#6 May 26, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
That wigger shit has been going on a long time. Even Obama momma was a wigger.
u would have been 1 too if u had not run up u momma's back bone when she wus doing all those black men.

“Writer and General Geek”

Location hidden

#7 May 27, 2012
georgiaguy wrote:
Read it, it's a sad, sad account. I can't understand how on earth those people ever became "experts." First, Melungeons were known to be illiterate and they never left their land for any reason prior to the 20th Century, unless it was a dire emergency. They took the county to court around 1834 to prove they were Portuguese, so they could vote. So, how does an isolationist community dream up the term "Portuguese," out of blind luck. and it fits? Plus, the Gibson and Collins families have done DNA testing. They're European. It's sad that our history is manipulated.
Billy Bob

Seattle, WA

#8 May 27, 2012
hump wrote:
<quoted text>
u would have been 1 too if u had not run up u momma's back bone when she wus doing all those black men.
Don't know how you would know that, unless you were licking them black boys balls while they were in the act.

“These are not sweet cheeks”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 May 28, 2012
I read that crock of horseshit too.Left me shaking my head.The experts have spoken.I don't believe it.I have a connection to the Collins line...I don't see a hint of black..nowhere.

“Writer and General Geek”

Location hidden

#10 Jun 3, 2012
SlidersAlterEgo wrote:
I read that crock of horseshit too.Left me shaking my head.The experts have spoken.I don't believe it.I have a connection to the Collins line...I don't see a hint of black..nowhere.
Believe it or not, the newspaper article was far more biased and inflammatory than the actual study, to begin with. The study itself mentioned a frequent connection between Melungeons and Native Americans, and suggested connection with other groups, such as slaves, but the article in the Times News REALLY manipulated what was said.

It's said that the newspaper can't report accurately on the topic.
hump

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jun 3, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know how you would know that, unless you were licking them black boys balls while they were in the act.
ask yo momma.she purred like a kitten.u should be tired runnin' up that backbone so often.
sounds more likely u wuz squirted out on a corn cob.
smh

Blairsville, GA

#12 Jun 5, 2012
So what it the dna contains african american. So it was ok if it was portuguese but now its a scandal to be part black? Good grief...
hump

Sevierville, TN

#13 Jun 5, 2012
smh wrote:
So what it the dna contains african american. So it was ok if it was portuguese but now its a scandal to be part black? Good grief...
finally, some one speaks up that has a brain. thank you,smh.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 5, 2012
smh wrote:
What if a study came out that said the blacks are now Portuguese descendants? Yep,I bet that would be accepted with open arms too.
hump

Sevierville, TN

#15 Jun 5, 2012
SlidersAlterEgo wrote:
u need not worry bout being black;u don't have enough soul to be alarmed.not africian;collins
maybe ape?

Location hidden

#16 Jun 6, 2012
hump wrote:
<quoted text>
u need not worry bout being black;u don't have enough soul to be alarmed.not africian;collins
maybe ape?
I said,"a connection". I didn't say I was blood kin or Melungeon.Dummy.
Debbie

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Jun 7, 2012
I would like to get in on this discussion. I was made fun of before. I know I am Melungeon. A white mixing with a black means biracial not Melungeon. I have Portuguese, Turkish, white, black, and Native American in me. I love soul music. I like to dance to black music. I have sympathy for Native Americans for lack of a better word. My people hide behind who they are just for this reason no doubt. They will be ridiculed. I am not ashamed. I descended from that mean old Hampton Greene. I have really long hair, hazel eyes, part between my teeth, keep dark skin even in winter. Can tan in summer in a few days and look like my ancestors. Tom Seal was my great grandfather. You can look at me and tell me what race I am. You cannot do it as I look like so many.My people were driven to reservations by a dirty greedy WHITE government. Oh, i forgot to mention Barbados. Thats bad. I am from the old South and was taught their prejudice ways. I am not like that any longer as I know the truth. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.My face cannot be described because it is unique. Lets hear it for Ava Gardner, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley who are Melungeons. My grandmother was born in the Sneedville mountains. The old people used to sing a song to us. There's a jigeboo in the woodpile. That was racist to them ;to me now they knew the truth. The head of the Va. health dept. said people were trying to pass themselves off as white. This computer screen is white and I am nowhere near that color. To all you Melungeons out there be proud of who you are and never let anyone put you down because of your roots. I don't and I will not.
how thru hamp

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jun 7, 2012
I am also descended from that mean old Hamp Greene, but as far as I know I don't have a drop of melungeon blood in me. Not that it would bother me if I did. How are you part melungeon? Surely not through the Greenes, since they came from England?
smh

Blairsville, GA

#19 Jun 7, 2012
SlidersAlterEgo wrote:
<quoted text> What if a study came out that said the blacks are now Portuguese descendants? Yep,I bet that would be accepted with open arms too.

Honestly I dont think they would worry either way.
smh

Blairsville, GA

#20 Jun 7, 2012
Debbie wrote:
I would like to get in on this discussion. I was made fun of before. I know I am Melungeon. A white mixing with a black means biracial not Melungeon. I have Portuguese, Turkish, white, black, and Native American in me. I love soul music. I like to dance to black music. I have sympathy for Native Americans for lack of a better word. My people hide behind who they are just for this reason no doubt. They will be ridiculed. I am not ashamed. I descended from that mean old Hampton Greene. I have really long hair, hazel eyes, part between my teeth, keep dark skin even in winter. Can tan in summer in a few days and look like my ancestors. Tom Seal was my great grandfather. You can look at me and tell me what race I am. You cannot do it as I look like so many.My people were driven to reservations by a dirty greedy WHITE government. Oh, i forgot to mention Barbados. Thats bad. I am from the old South and was taught their prejudice ways. I am not like that any longer as I know the truth. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.My face cannot be described because it is unique. Lets hear it for Ava Gardner, Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley who are Melungeons. My grandmother was born in the Sneedville mountains. The old people used to sing a song to us. There's a jigeboo in the woodpile. That was racist to them ;to me now they knew the truth. The head of the Va. health dept. said people were trying to pass themselves off as white. This computer screen is white and I am nowhere near that color. To all you Melungeons out there be proud of who you are and never let anyone put you down because of your roots. I don't and I will not.
Good for you Debbie. We are who we are, and God doesnt make mistakes. I have relatives that are located in Roane Co. That have a connection to the Mulungeons through the Goins blood line and they are several different shades of brown some with strawberry blonde hair and blue or green eyes even. Really beautiful people with a beautiful heritage.
hump

Sevierville, TN

#21 Jun 7, 2012
Debbie wrote:
got you head in the sand or up you butt.science is uncovered the truth and you will not own up to it.i bet someone would wave a chittlin at you and you would break you neck gettin there.you kin to johnny cash and elvis;come back to the real world,hot stuff.gotta a huge mental problem ,you have. you just nutty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sneedville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new drug store 4 hr Customer 7
Lieing women 11 hr Had lotsa Sneedvi... 2
Shirtless Guy in Sneedville Tue I_would_go_down_ ... 7
Sneedville Stalker Tue Ride me and breed... 30
Orville Cope Sep 18 iffy 10
anyone know where Beverly Shockly is now? Sep 18 jjk 2
green top (Nov '10) Sep 18 Virginia Marie 105

Sneedville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance