Nondenominational Church

Nondenominational Church

Posted in the Smyrna Forum

New To Town

Spencer, NC

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Hi,

I'm new-ish to Murfreesboro, and would like to start attending a non-denominational church. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
cool

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Im new to the area as well... would love to hear of some. Hopefully this won't turn in to trollville... Anyone know of any churches that teach the 5 points of Calvinism? 4 points, etc?
church

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Nov 21, 2012
New To Town wrote:
Hi,
I'm new-ish to Murfreesboro, and would like to start attending a non-denominational church. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
If you want a large crowd, try World Outreach in the Boro. If you want a small crowd, try Trinity Christian in Smyrna, just down from the high school.
Also New

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Dec 2, 2012
I am also new-ish, but have found a home at Word Outreach Church. They are a large congregation, but with several services through the weekend the crowds are not all that large. I also recently joined the Small Groups held through the week - this is where you can really connect with people one-on-one. I highly recommend you take a look for yourself.
Wayne Belt

Shelbyville, TN

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Please try Believers Chapel at 1820 S Rutherford Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Services are at 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM. A great children's and youth ministry.

We love to welcome visitors and you will experience the love of Christ.

Please visit our web page at Believerschapel.net

Great music and the pulpit ministry is excellent.
frustrated

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Mar 10, 2013
I am new as well... I will share my experiences. I have lived here since Jan 1 and tried a few different ones. My family moved here from OH where we experienced a Pentecostal Holiness conservative atmosphere.. I cannot find that.
Felt the Lord at the Believer's Tabernacle church.. Just didn't know that they were part of the William Branham church. I believe they referred to Branham more than Christ.. Kinda uncomfortable.
Visited The Pentecostals of Murfreesboro, and it was high energy, praise and worship with an emphasis on speaking in tongues often. I'm ok with tongues; just not all the time from everyone. Preacher was good!
Visited Turning Point AOG today, and it was just wierd from the word go... Lady at the front door was nice, but music was less than impressive and singers were trying to entertain.. When the pulled the lights off except for the stage, we Left within 10 minutes..
If anyone knows of traditional Pentecost, PLEASE SHARE!! I have no intentions of knocking any of these churches; they were ALL very kind to us!!
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Mar 12, 2013
Speaking in tongues mean different languages like French,Italian,etc..The BIBLE says that gibberish is not acceptable to GOD..We live in the New Testament not the Old Testament.Jesus came to fulfill the prophesy and to spread his gospel..Also,the scriptures say that talking in tongues would be done away with the last disciples death..Need to go to a church that teaches that instead of one that follows a man and false teachings.
Stephen

Smyrna, TN

#8 Jun 8, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
Speaking in tongues mean different languages like French,Italian,etc..The BIBLE says that gibberish is not acceptable to GOD..We live in the New Testament not the Old Testament.Jesus came to fulfill the prophesy and to spread his gospel..Also,the scriptures say that talking in tongues would be done away with the last disciples death..Need to go to a church that teaches that instead of one that follows a man and false teachings.
If the Bible says speaking in tongues will be done away with the last disciples death, then you believe that speaking in tongues is still present. I know I'm a disciple of Christ. As is anyone who is learning and studying the Word. Look up the definition of Disciple. And then please tell us the Scripture that you are quoting
Victory

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jun 10, 2013
Check out Victory Assembly of God, 208 Fourth Ave., between East Main and Mercury. Small, good family atmosphere and always welcoming new folks. Love to have you visit.
Lubird

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2013
A transplant myself, I have found a wonderful community at River Oaks Community Church. They meet Sundays at 10 at Blackman High. Awesome music, real lessons. A great place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smyrna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Austin Jacobs 3 hr Jay 3
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) 12 hr Curious 1,325
nhk 14 hr Long commute 8
family law attorney (Nov '14) 19 hr correysmith321 8
Southeastern Technologies a bad place to work a... Tue Steve 3
hi looking for a date Jul 27 james 1
Heather Spears- Former Police officer (Jul '11) Jul 27 james 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Smyrna Mortgages